1970 League Cup Final

Defence, midfield, forward and scored from all those positions

Remember bud sitting on the ball v Bayern '72 also.
My fave though was when he dinked Provan on the head with the ball before his throw in was lashed in by Alex Miller 1980

Scenes that day when ball hit the back of the net :)

Scored in a 2-1 victory at Parkhead in September 74 (Bomber scored the winner). Pretty sure Jimmy Johnstone was sent off that day.
He was superb in a 3-0 victory at Ibrox in January 75. Tommy McLean scored one and set up the other two in what many people think was his best game for us. Tims never recovered from the defeat which set us up for our first title since 1964.
Can't honestly remember why "Ted" never kicked on and become a regular.
We also had another youngster in the early 70s (Iain McDonald?) who was some talent but suffered a couple of bad injuries.
I was at that game and can't remember Jimmy Johnstone being sent off. Dalglish scored with a half volley in the first half, Ian McDougall equalised with a low shot from just outside the box, then big Bomber with a header from a corner. I stayed with people from Bothwell when I was over at matches from N.I. and they knew Ian and his family, so he must have been from that area.

I was at that game and can't remember Jimmy Johnstone being sent off. Dalglish scored with a half volley in the first half, Ian McDougall equalised with a low shot from just outside the box, then big Bomber with a header from a corner. I stayed with people from Bothwell when I was over at matches from N.I. and they knew Ian and his family, so he must have been from that area.
He comes from the same wee village as I do, New Stevenston.

Back