1971 Rennes v Rangers ECWC First Round, TV Highlights now on You Tube

Rangers Archive Footage

Rangers took their first step to eventual glory in Barcelona with a trip to France to face Stade Club de Rennes.

Here are the highlights from French TV, never shown on any officially released video or dvd.

If you enjoy these videos, please like and subscibe to my You Tube channel, over 550 Rangers videos on there, search for "The Rangers Archives"

If you are on Facebook, all Rangers supporters are welcome to join "The Rangers Archives" group, currently we have 61,500 members

and on Twitter, @oldrangersvideo is my handle if interested.

Enjoy.

Rangers took their first step to eventual glory in Barcelona with a trip to France to face Stade Club de Rennes.

Here are the highlights from French TV, never shown on any officially released video or dvd.

If you enjoy these videos, please like and subscibe to my You Tube channel, over 550 Rangers videos on there, search for "The Rangers Archives"

If you are on Facebook, all Rangers supporters are welcome to join "The Rangers Archives" group, currently we have 61,500 members

Enjoy.

You are helping massively to ease the boredom mate, much appreciated.

Being born way after these games were played, your footage is the only chance supporters of my age have of experiencing Rangers from these eras.

I'm hoping you can follow Rennes away with footage from Turin, Lisbon and Munich.

That would be incredible.

Cheers for that. Keep them coming. You often read about our campaign in the 1972 ECWC but it’s the first time I’ve seen footage of the early rounds.

Tommy McLean won a header! 6.50 minutes.

I never knew footage of such a rare event existed.

There was no radio or tv broadcast of that game in Scotland that night. My older brother somehow managed to find the French radio broadcast on our wireless and we heard their equaliser.

You are helping massively to ease the boredom mate, much appreciated.

Being born way after these games were played, your footage is the only chance supporters of my age have of experiencing Rangers from these eras.

I'm hoping you can follow Rennes away with footage from Turin, Lisbon and Munich.

That would be incredible.
I have clips from Lisbon and Turin, and 80 mins from Munich game

There was no radio or tv broadcast of that game in Scotland that night. My older brother somehow managed to find the French radio broadcast on our wireless and we heard their equaliser.
Brings back memories of trying to locate games on the wireless..lol.

that was amazing watching that, brings back so many memories of players from that era. I was at all the home games plus the final. Great times. Keep them coming please, helps to pass the time when isolating. Keep safe bears

I have footage of that one, he also scored a header v Fortuna Dusseldorf in 1979

The one against Aberdeen was scored on one of the windiest days I have ever seen us play at Ibrox. I was also at the Fortuna game but can't remember that goal for some reason. Maybe get the chance at some point on here to see it.

Wonder what Uefa said about the flares/pyros back then, how much of a fine would Rennes get for that :rolleyes:
Thanks op, enjoyed that as it was as I was a 1 year old and not quite attending the games at that point:))

Enjoy.

That giving the ball away too easily was evident back then too lol

Enjoy.

Thanks op, really enjoyed that

Enjoy.

Cheers

That's an amazing find! From memory the Rennes manager was not too chuffed with the Gers tactics :)) Many thanks for posting OP!

Enjoy.

Top stuff. I've never seen that before.

There was a collective outburst of 'merde' in the Rennes defence when wee Bud scored.

Mind you, their equaliser was a shocker from us. Some things never change, eh?

Back