1975 - Shrewsbury Ball Boy

My local pub is called the coracle, my mrs used to attend town quite a bit and told me about this. The old ground is now flats, new stadium is a bit out of town.

Might apply to sit next to the Rangers dugout at the Cup final with a coracle incase the ball goes into a river at Hampden. Can never be too careful, especially as every £15 counts for Rangers these days.

My local pub is called the coracle, my mrs used to attend town quite a bit and told me about this. The old ground is now flats, new stadium is a bit out of town.

Nice wee ground. Normally a local band playing and you can get a beer.= in the ground.

Absolutely brilliant, health and safety would have a field day now right enough.

15 quid for a ball back then.

Good ol’ Fred!

Might apply to sit next to the Rangers dugout at the Cup final with a coracle incase the ball goes into a river at Hampden. Can never be too careful, especially as every £15 counts for Rangers these days.
You should be commended for this! It may save us going into admin again. :))

Always presumed the wee man in the coracle just sat in it all game waiting for balls to land in the water. Shows what I know

I’ve been in there a few times (Coracle). Sundorne crescent until a few years ago

I’ve been in there a few times (Coracle). Sundorne crescent until a few years ago
Not bad sat outside in the summer but I don’t go in often. It’s just had a bit of a makeover and they’ve knocked through the wall between both rooms apparently.

I’m not far from the roundabout at Heathgates.

Great video. Went to watch Shrewsbury a few times when I was at RAF Cosford for a couple of years, doing my techie training in 1990/91

Christ, Gay Meadow. That brings back some memories. Used to enjoy going to games there. Could never take to the new ground much.

I understand the ball from the infamous Tom Rogic penalty miss from the Warburton semi, has just touched down today behind the Shrewsbury ground. Fred’s oldest son was on hand to do the honours from the Severn.

Back