1979 v Filth

In the west Centenery, west enclosure and part of the main stand.......I was in the Centenery that day it was a running battle in the concourse underneath at half time......absolute bedlam and the cops were outnumbered so powerless to stop it..... Seems to me it was another game we let them off the hook in.....

2 firsts for me this one
First time I had been in Copland road stand
And
First time I had paid my old man into Ibrox as got some money for my birthday and decided to treat my old man to a ticket for his xmas present
Ticket office was at main entrance at the time and I waited about 3 hours to get the 2 tickets as queue was massive from front door way into broomloan road and about 10 deep
The queue that day was horrendous as the Celtic and Valencia tickets were on ale that day

Anyway got my tickets and was as proud as punch !!!and they were for the Copland rear brown section and we were right in against the corrugated side wall of the stand

WE should have buried them that day as well

The 2 -2 draw at Ibrox earlier in the season was my first game against them. Same arrangements - I was in the Centenary Stand. I think this game was the first time the new Copland Road stand was used.

The 2 -2 draw at Ibrox earlier in the season was my first game against them. Same arrangements - I was in the Centenary Stand. I think this game was the first time the new Copland Road stand was used.

That was my first game against them as well, I was in the Main Stand that day. We should have beaten them.

In east enclosure that day, normally in west always moved for old firm games.
Both home games that season played them off the park but could not hold on to win.

Remember there was a 2-2 draw around this time and we were 2-0 up with 4 minutes to go and Danny McGrain equalised for the bastards in the last minute.

Remember it well.

The Copland was bursting at the seams and although I had a ticket there were hundreds including me that were moved to the enclosure which was also bursting at the seams. and you were scrambling to get a view. That equaliser put the tin hat on that day.

I think your correct I was in the Copland that day threw away a 2goal lead if I remember correctly

I think your correct I was in the Copland that day threw away a 2goal lead if I remember correctly

Celtic were down to ten men as well after Roy Aitken was sent off for a chest high tackle on Bobby Russell.

Celtic were down to ten men as well after Roy Aitken was sent off for a chest high tackle on Bobby Russell.
Think it was Ally Dawson he tackled.......................right in front of where we were in the Centenary Stand.....knocked three of his teeth out & might have even broken his jaw (not sure about that bit)........with his boot.............

Think it was Ally Dawson he tackled.......................right in front of where we were in the Centenary Stand.....knocked three of his teeth out & might have even broken his jaw (not sure about that bit)........with his boot.............

Aye it might have been Ally Dawson, it was pretty much an assault by Aitken.

Think it was Ally Dawson he tackled.......................right in front
of where we were in the Centenary Stand.....knocked three of his teeth out & might have even broken his jaw (not sure about that bit)........with his boot.............

I must have been sitting close to you. Small world:)

Before my day but interesting footage of the ground in transition.

Better days in terms of the match day experience it seems and better for the game being allowed to run.

Was at this one in the Copland,right behind the goals and my over riding memory was of the p.a system banging out "Que sera mi Vida" by the Gibson brothers a few times that day. Strange the things you remember....

Copland front for me , I knocked off a guys glasses when we scored and was still looking down the back of the seats for them when they equalised:oops:

That was a good watch.

My heart still skips a beat when I see our keeper pick up a passback in these games, even though I was going to games for years before the rule changed. o_O

Back