1981 Scottish Cup Semi-Final Morton v Rangers, TV Highlights now on You Tube

Was in the Scumtic end at that game as a youngster with a mate and watching the highlights of games from this era is like a different game with some of the tackling. Real commitment and aggression and barely any rolling around. We'd be playing 8 a side by half time these days

Morton lucky to have only 2 sent off . They were so out of control on 19mins of the video Bud Johnston is seen trying to calm things down !

My first time in the Jungle.
I remember a large number of Bears had cans of spray paint! The piggery was
much improved by the end of the game!

1981 Scottish Cup Semi-Final Morton v Rangers, TV Highlights now on You Tube

Not available online before now, a rough match played at Parkhead in April 1981

Hope you enjoy

Just watched it mate, cheers.

Some serious tackles in that game.

Love the physicality of the older matches.

All the ‘youngsters’ ,, when an auld bustard ‘ me ‘ sitting near you shakes their head when modern day ‘ hunks’ fall over writhing in pain, remember the archive footage and shake your heads as well.

Enjoyed that wee clip, Morton were a decent side back then. Baines their keeper was a bitter bastrd tho. Ian Archer summing up at the end, arrogant alky prick.

This was the same day As The Reverend Ian Paisley held an "Anti Pope Visit" rally at Glasgow Green and ended his address to the crowd by saying " and I hope The Rangers win the day"

Went with two mates, they both got lifted for being drunk in a designated sports ground. I was the drunkest of the trio...lol.
Ah for the good old days!!!

That took me back. You’d get jailed for some of those tackles these days lol. Forgot how dirty that Morton team were.

Back