1km Parking restrictions

BlueBougie

Speaking to a couple of the GCC pound attendants about the parking restrictions coming in at Ibrox and the piggery. The response I got was “it will be coming in soon, very soon. It has passed consultations and is back in the hands of the police.”

Has anyone else heard anything about it?

The Police are doing their hardest to make the parking a problem, it's really getting out of control across form Govan Police station. Last week there were cars parked across the firebreak, double yellows are parked on, as is the carriageway island. Police have been told to down tools methinks

Pretty sure a couple of guys working at a car pound will not be party to the details of parking restrictions and if and when they will be coming in. This will be months away at the earliest as residents need formally informed and permits and the like need issued, signage need made and installed, the council does nothing quickly.
As a resident who will be affected I can say we have had no information whatsoever that this is back on the table at this moment in time.

Pretty sure a couple of guys working at a car pound will not be party to the details of parking restrictions and if and when they will be coming in. This will be months away at the earliest as residents need formally informed and permits and the like need issued, signage need made and installed, the council does nothing quickly.
As a resident who will be affected I can say we have had no information whatsoever that this is back on the table at this moment in time.
The council are rolling it out throughout Glasgow.Time will tell.

Ending free Sunday parking in the City Centre was done inside 4 months with very little fuss

If it wasn't for the objectors on the Event Day it will be be in by now

Have they supplied info on where they would like people to park?
They want you to park where they can issue parking fines. Noticed cars getting ticketed last Thursday on PRW at the park when in previous times their double yellow parking has been ignored

What is the point of this?

Folk like myself will now just park outside the boundary and walk:))

Won’t make one bit of a difference

The Police are doing their hardest to make the parking a problem, it's really getting out of control across form Govan Police station. Last week there were cars parked across the firebreak, double yellows are parked on, as is the carriageway island. Police have been told to down tools methinks

Police have no involvement with parking restrictions as it is non criminal and as such falls on the council to make decisions on where and where not to park. It is for traffic wardens to police double yellows etc. Police don't issue tickets for this sort of thing. What the Police will do is remove cars if causing an obstruction which falls under a Road Traffic offence.

How to kill family fun and retail commerce, introduce parking restrictions, madness, better control is needed, also that traffic system around Govan has only exasperated the traffic problem.

Good excuse for Rangers to invest in building a proper parking structure on the Albion, with these restrictions coming in they will surely make a nice bit of cash.

GCC still have to arrange the public hearing for the objectors for this

Below has been on the website for past 4/5 months

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/article/20479/Ibrox-Stadium
A mandatory public hearing is currently being arranged, further details will appear in due course.
I have asked to be able to speak when they get round to announcing it.
The parking around Copland Road during the week is actually worse than on match days as people using the Subway block everywhere.
If this is really about Emergency services, then there is a very simple remedy.

Police have no involvement with parking restrictions as it is non criminal and as such falls on the council to make decisions on where and where not to park. It is for traffic wardens to police double yellows etc. Police don't issue tickets for this sort of thing. What the Police will do is remove cars if causing an obstruction which falls under a Road Traffic offence.
I’m pretty certain cars parked across a firebreak constitutes an obstruction? Also where people are parking on the double yellows is on Paisley Road West heading east at the roundabout next to the Police Station and Palace of Art, it causes major disruption with vehicles trying to exit on to the M8. To me that’s a Police matter

People who buy houses next to Ibrox/Parkhead/Hampden/Rugby Park, know that they are buying a house next to a stadium and wht to expect, those people who don't want to be next to a stadium and moved further away, they will be the ones who suffer when people park further away and walk more.

What is the point of this?

Folk like myself will now just park outside the boundary and walk:))

Won’t make one bit of a difference

Pretty sure the reason (excuse) given was it wouldn't hinder the emergency services.

Pretty pointless if all your doing is then moving the congestion 1km away (and still affecting the emergency services, especially if they are trying to get to the Southern)

When my kids were younger from about the age of 10 and 6, I used to park in Cowcaddens and get the Subway over
Probably a bit of a rash statement for me to say but coming up from Ayrshire and poor knowledge of Glasgow it would be a nightmare for me,
Better waiting and getting the full facts before getting into full panic mode.

I have asked to be able to speak when they get round to announcing it.
The parking around Copland Road during the week is actually worse than on match days as people using the Subway block everywhere.
If this is really about Emergency services, then there is a very simple remedy.

Wonder if there is time limit on when the hearing can take place?

Yes agree with the parking on weekdays it can cause problems at times

The original map for the 1km exclusion zone

Area cover from Bellahouston Park , Dumbreck to where the BBC/STV have their studios

permit only for Event Days
I’m literally 100 yards outside the zone so my area will be swamped by cars although we are now being discussed as residents permits full time due to proximity to Hydro and city centre expanding all the time.

I get it’s a nightmare for certain people but surely they knew the pitfalls when moving so close to Ibrox?

I’m pretty certain cars parked across a firebreak constitutes an obstruction? Also where people are parking on the double yellows is on Paisley Road West heading east at the roundabout next to the Police Station and Palace of Art, it causes major disruption with vehicles trying to exit on to the M8. To me that’s a Police matter

Across the firebreak absolutely. However as I have said parking in Scotland is non criminal and has been for around 15-20 years. You should contact GCC or inform either a Police officer or traffic warden next time if you feel it's that bad. Problem is that they are mainly bears that have parked.

If they increased the public transport options to and from Ibrox there would be less problems, nobody can be bothered waiting in a mile long subway queue so take cars. If the options were better I’d most definitely leave my car at the house.

I’m literally 100 yards outside the zone so my area will be swamped by cars although we are now being discussed as residents permits full time due to proximity to Hydro and city centre expanding all the time.

All it does it move the issue elsewhere and for those like yourself that causes issues

Probably a bit of a rash statement for me to say but coming up from Ayrshire and poor knowledge of Glasgow it would be a nightmare for me,
Better waiting and getting the full facts before getting into full panic mode.
You would go to Shields Road Park and ride, or 20 minute walk from Ibrox then straight on to M74/M77
Ideal for you, might even be worth your while doing it just now

Back