1st Round *** Pokal (German Cup) draw

stevenma

Some interesting games. The German Lego eater Kevin Grosskreutz faces his former club Borussia Dortmund. Hopefully the St Pauli scum support will get their skills caved in at Lubeck.

Würzburger Kickers - 1899 Hoffenheim
FSV Salmrohr - Holstein Kiel
Germania Halberstadt - 1. FC Union Berlin
1. FC Kaiserslautern - FSV Mainz 05
SV Rödinghausen - SC Paderborn 07
Hallescher FC - VfL Wolfsburg
Atlas Delmenhorst - Werder Bremen
KFC Uerdingen - Borussia Dortmund
SV Sandhausen - Bor. Mönchengladbach
Chemnitzer FC - Hamburger SV
SV Waldhof Mannheim - Eintracht Frankfurt
Alemannia Aachen - Bayer Leverkusen
TuS Dassendorf - Dynamo Dresden
FC Villingen - Fortuna Düsseldorf
KSV Baunatal - VfL Bochum
Energie Cottbus - Bayern München
Karlsruher SC - Hannover 96
MSV Duisburg - SpVgg Greuther Fürth
FC Oberneuland - Darmstadt 98
SV Wehen Wiesbaden - 1. FC Köln
Hansa Rostock - VfB Stuttgart
1. FC Saarbrücken - Jahn Regensburg
SV Drochtersen/Assel - FC Schalke 04
Viktoria 89 Berlin - Arminia Bielefeld
FC Ingolstadt 04 - 1. FC Nürnberg
SC Verl - FC Augsburg
VfB Lübeck - FC St. Pauli
VfB Eichstätt - Hertha BSC
Wacker Nordhausen - Erzgebirge Aue
VfL Osnabrück - RB Leipzig
1. FC Magdeburg - SC Freiburg
SSV Ulm 1846 - 1. FC Heidenheim

Good idea in Germany, all the Bundesliga clubs are drawn away first round to give the smaller teams the gate etc.

Reactions: VGM
Good idea in Germany, all the Bundesliga clubs are drawn away first round to give the smaller teams the gate etc.

Yeah really simple idea, always on about smaller Clubs needing money - be perfect for the English FA Cup in my opinion for all Premier League and Championship to be at home and no replays in the 3rd round.

Yeah really simple idea, always on about smaller Clubs needing money - be perfect for the English FA Cup in my opinion for all Premier League and Championship to be at home and no replays in the 3rd round.

I’ve often thought about this, but surely if gates are halved, and Bundesliga 1&2 clubs are in the Pokal from the very first round then the regional teams would prefer to have a open draw and hopefully getting the chance of a Olympiastadion or a Signal Iduna trip, German games draw a massive crowd so even the 1st round games would be well attended

I’ve often thought about this, but surely if gates are halved, and Bundesliga 1&2 clubs are in the Pokal from the very first round then the regional teams would prefer to have a open draw and hopefully getting the chance of a Olympiastadion or a Signal Iduna trip, German games draw a massive crowd so even the 1st round games would be well attended

Suppose there is that, not too sure it's done specifically for money over there mind whereas in England it would be the main reason really. One thing it really does do well in Germany is make the Bundesland Cups mean loads as you get in to the Pokal through winning it, some packed grounds in some latter stages - County Cups in England mean very little in contrast.

Hansa Rostock - VfB Stuttgart

Should be an interesting match.

Repeat of last season, might go to it but waiting for the league fixtures to come out, could easy be a Monday night match - went in the second round v Nuremberg last season and was a hell of a day.

Always hated Grosskreutz.

I remember when the Dortmund fans were lobbing flares and fireworks onto the Schalke pitch. His response was along the lines of ‘and whit?’

German mentally challenged.

No its not.

And to the others who dont have a clue about German football: Großkreutz is a good and honest guy. Not the best player but not even close to a Lego Eater.

Back