2/5/1999, the day the league was won at the piggery.

My favourite weekend ever...

Final uni course work hand in on friday

Got pissed, pulled, on Friday and Saturday

Won the league on Sunday

Walked around Glasgow on Monday with a massive grin on my face

Went into uni on Tuesday, met the lassie from Friday, straight back to mine...

Craig David later wrote a song about it...

Every time I watch that video I get goosebumps. Used to have a %^*& off massive poster of the players doing the huddle that genuinely took up most of one of the walls in my bedroom :D

That lot are a vicious embarrassment.

Just remember that game as absolute chaos coz those rats couldn't handle it. Great memories though to win the league there.

Amazing day to clinch our first title on their soil,watched the game in the KP Louden ,then onto Clachan Bar,Doctors etc totally unbelievable wild celebrations

Watched it in fingals bath st, don't let the name put you off, massive rangers,ICF pub, after the game, punters from the bay horse and iron horse came round, had a massive group hug on the road, blocked the road till the feds came and moved us, back into pub for a sash bash, a day to remember!!!

Had a ticket for the game. Was one of the most enjoyable days ever as a Rangers fan.

Got dropped off the supporters bus after the game at the roundabout outside Bannockburn to walk down to the Empire for a few celebratory sherries.

To get there I had to pass the now deceased Newmarket which was their hovel. As I drew level I noticed a car in the bus stop and their bus pulled up. Head down fearing the worst I looked up before realising the car was actually an unmarked police car.

Head up, cheesy grin and spring back in my step I glanced over to watch every spewing one of them traipsing off the bus.

Absolutely f.ucking glorious!

I was lucky enough to be there. Drunkest I’ve ever been at a game. 6.05pm kick off on a bank holiday weekend, aye in hindsight probably always gonna be bedlum!

What a day. Got steaming in a pub on Great Western Road with the girlfriend at the time.
Went to work at The Garage about 10pm and got told to leave as was too drunk.
Stayed in the club and got absolutely blootered. Walked home singing Rangers songs at about 3am. Surprised I didn't take a doing!

Are there any better quality highlights anywhere?

For me, I started off at the Crimson Club in Renfrew, where after lots of drink to calm the pre-match nerves, the supporters bus took us to the piggery.
My seat was right at the very back of the upper tier, what an atmosphere that Sunday evening.
After the match it was back to the Crimson Club in Renfrew for more celebrating :)

Every time I watch that video I get goosebumps. Used to have a %^*& off massive poster of the players doing the huddle that genuinely took up most of one of the walls in my bedroom :D

That lot are a vicious embarrassment.

I had that same poster. Feck knows what happened to it.

Charlie Nicholas absolutely emptied the horrible bastards that day.

I know he gets pelters and is an imbecile but he nailed the c.unts to the wall in his comments calling them a disgrace, an embarrassment, and made him ashamed to be one of them.

I watched this in my mates flat with him and 4 other mates. They were/are all tims. Still not sure how that came about but it did.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I don’t think I could have enjoyed it any more than if I was in the away end that day. I sat, watching their mood go from hope to anger to fury to dismay to abject despair. All the time keeping a dignified silence (that pissed them off more than anything) until I about pissed myself laughing at them when I was told that

“Youse r a fucking disgrace doing oor huddle”

Left them to their misery and joined my brother to celebrate in the legion when the busses got back.

Don't know how to post a video but I'm sure another kind bear will help out.
What a day, Rangers at they're best, Celtic at they're worst.
Incredible.
Please share experiences of that iconic day.
WATP
Was there. It was unreal. Pure poison. Loved every minute. They lost the plot. Got spat at going for supporters bus. Rammy when bus returned.

Then went to see slam at renfrew ferry that night.

Fucking madness

I'm expecting the same level of shithousery when we win 55.

The one that had the trophies round the perimeter? :D

Yeah that sounds right. Got it off a street vendor. It’s probably still in my mums loft somewhere.

A mate bought it too, and he put it up on his bedroom wall with wallpaper paste.

Managed to get a ticket outside the ground at 5.45. Guy drew up in a taxi and pulled out 6 Rangers end tickets and said £50 each. Tickets were £22 fv but it was money well spent. Took a risk as they could've been fake.
Favourite game following the Rangers.

All week in the run up to that game, every rentaquote yahoo they could muster in the media couldn’t wait to tell us “you’ll never win the league at Celtc Park ....”

Lolzers :))

The best game I've ever attended.

Stuffed them 3-0 should have been more.
They lost it on the park.
They lost it off the park.
A mock huddle
and a league title.

And what punishment did they get for numerous pitch invasions and throwing numerous coins on it the pitch - feck all.

Going to show my dad this thead in the morning , he was there that day and can tell a few stories of what happened behind the scenes in their end

Wasn't that the day that the media tried to blame our huddle for the trouble which occurred 80 minutes EARLIER?

The Record, in particular, were guilty, and not even smart in the way they went about it. On one page, they stated that only about half a dozen of tgu were coin-throwers, and on another page of the same paper, they revealed that over 79 quid in change had been collected from the pitch.

So we were seriously expected to believe that 6 tims had an average of over 13 quid each in change brought in just to lob onto the park?

The best match I ever attended. They absolutely imploded, from attacking the ref, to pitch invasions to jumping off the top tier of their stand - it was incredible. I watched women and children run towards the tunnel after the game in their main stand to spit and throw objects at our players. Let's not forget they smashed Neill McCann's parents windows that night too...as well as the refs. Utter scum.

The Rangers end was bursting at the seams, there were thousands in there that didn't have tickets. A truly unforgettable game.

Wee Neil mccann," we knew we were better than them" "all we had to do was turn up and do it" I cannot wait to hear one of our players say that again

Between 97 and 2005 think of the psychological damage we inflicted upon your average mentally challenged.

1997 We clinch 9iAr
1999 We clinch the league at the piggery.
2002 We win the SC with a last minute goal.
2003 Helicopter sunday x 1
2005 Helicopter sunday x2 when they were a shoe in.

Was in the 2nd tier front row it was the best ever, never laughed so much at a match we genuinely thought it was going to be abandoned they way it was going. Great night after never went back up the road to Dundee until the next day.

Back