2 more players needed

After today’s signings I feel we are 2 players away from a serious title challenge.
A quality c.m of real quality and a right attacker/number 10 in mould of aluko in his prime then I would be happy.

I think it looks like Gerrard has Zungu (or someone of that ilk) earmarked for the midfield, but that could be it.

Roofe can also play as a wide attacker so could compliment Itten up front which could then allow Hagi to play more centrally as the no.10.

This in turn may see Aribo drop back to be part of the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 formation we seem to favour, but crucially whether paired alongside Kamara, Jack, Zungu or whoever else, he’d be expected to be more box to box thus erasing the need for the two holding men we’re currently playing there.

I’m confident we’ll get Zungu or someone else for the middle of the park and then we really do look, on paper at least, a much stronger squad, even with the likely loss of Alfie.

Exciting times.

Don't think we need that right sided attacker anymore. Hagi, Kent and Roofe all can play there, Itten on the little i have seen of him looks like he has qualities that could fit there and then you still have players like Stewart, Murphy and Barker at the club. A goal scoring midfielder should be the priority and possibly last signing

I'd like a Number 6 with a good range of passing, to spell Davis. Doesn't necessarily need a huge outlay, that.

If I'm being really cheeky, I'd ask for a Number 8 as well. But I'm less bothered about that.

I honestly think we’re one or two away. A strong midfielder who’s attacking minded 100%. We may look to bring in an experienced full back for cover incase bassey or patterson arent quite at first team level. Excited to hear the next good rumour.

1 I imagine.
Hagi Kent Roofe Itten Aribo Defoe Barker Stewart fighting for 3 forward positions, before we even mention Arfield Murphy Jones etc.
Let's get a good midfielder and that will be us ready.
Jones will be away. Probably Stewart too. And wouldn’t be surprised if we sell one of Murphy or Barker. Arfield Aribo and Hagi are midfielders really. Wouldn’t rule out two more in.

1 I imagine.
Hagi Kent Roofe Itten Aribo Defoe Barker Stewart fighting for 3 forward positions, before we even mention Arfield Murphy Jones etc.
Let's get a good midfielder and that will be us ready.
Barker might get a chance, but he clearly doesn't trust Stewart or Jones and Murphy has been woeful during pre-season. Arfield and Aribo will be kept in midfield as well, so really we have Hagi, Kent and Barker for the #10s and Itten Roofe and Defoe for ST. I honestly would really shocked if we didn't go in for another wide man to go with that midfielder.

A DM who will try and get the ball forward faster. And a CM/AM even though Hagi could drop into there another player akin of Aribo would be fantastic.

A Pape but maybe that's being Cheihky.

Don't think we need that right sided attacker anymore. Hagi, Kent and Roofe all can play there, Itten on the little i have seen of him looks like he has qualities that could fit there and then you still have players like Stewart, Murphy and Barker at the club. A goal scoring midfielder should be the priority and possibly last signing
I was just thinking someone pacy who likes to shoot to give us a different option.
Not that I know much of him but someone like skov Olsen.

After today’s signings I feel we are 2 players away from a serious title challenge.
A c.m of real quality and a right attacker/number 10 in mould of aluko in his prime then I would be happy.
A RB for cover for Tav is a must.

Tav gets suspended of injured then Ryan Jack will be there

Centre mid (presumably Zungu but not sure what’s happening with that one) and I think that’s us done in terms of incomings unless we get a mad offer for Borna or something.

A c.m of real quality and a right attacker/number 10 in mould of aluko in his prime then I would be happy.
Get that and 55 is ours.

You on the wind up?or bevvy :p
Who is the alternative? Patterson who has next to zero first team experience or McCrorie who doesn't appear to be anywhere near the first team. Jack has more previous game time at right back than both of them - and I don't want Jack anywhere near that position.

Tav's previous backups in Flanagan and Polster are gone.

Madness to expect to go through season with one right back. He had his appendix out last season at the same time our form took a nose dive off a cliff.

If we can get a midfielder who can hit between 10-15 goals a season we’re pretty much there in terms of squad depth.

Assuming Morelos is sold we’ve got Itten, Roofe and Defoe who can all play as main striker now.

But we really need more goals from midfield over a 50+ game season.

Today will have been done off the back of Morelos going, but I’d be surprised if we see any more players come in for the forward line. Unless Jones/Barker/Middleton/all of the above leave and we look to bring in a bit of third choice cover.

I think the only weak spot is now in midfield. Docherty isn’t going to get a sniff and for me, Davis is now a good quality backup rather than a starter.

Whatever happens, it’s exciting progress being made.

If we can get a midfielder who can hit between 10-15 goals a season we’re pretty much there in terms of squad depth.

Assuming Morelos is sold we’ve got Itten, Roofe and Defoe who can all play as main striker now.

But we really need more goals from midfield over a 50+ game season.
Who are you dropping from the current 11 to play this midfielder that scores 15 goals?

For me, we need to get 2 or 3 out the door too. Docherty, Stewart and Jones or the like. Stevie G looks like wanting another midfielder and for me a right sided winger. I feel Hagi won't as effective playing wide.

Back