2 More Positive Tests In The EPL

People need to wake up to the fact that essentially everyone is going to get this bug at one point.

all the "lock down" stuff has been to flatten the infection rate to allow for the NHS to cope with those who take bad reaction to it and try to save those poor soles.

With more and more getting tested then the "positives" will increase accordingly, wait until the Anti-bodies one gets going and the number of those who have had it and not realised it is measured, i think a lot of folks will be in for a fright.

The idea of there being football crowds before a vaccine is delivered is a non starter in the litigious world we live in.

Strange New World ahead

With adequate and regular testing and temperature taking there is no reason why games cannot start back, even if they are behind closed doors to start with. As long as no one loses sight of the virus and how quickly it can spread.

Are people really that desperate to watch games with no fans in the stadium and subs on the bench with facemasks? Each to their own but it really doesn't do much for me.

I'm quite happy to fill my void with Rangers Archives and other old stuff.

Are people really that desperate to watch games with no fans in the stadium and subs on the bench with facemasks? Each to their own but it really doesn't do much for me.

Are people really that scared of something that poses no real threat to healthy young athletes that we should all hide away forever?

Shows the priorities of the governing body if they are pushing ahead at risk of the players and their families to avoid paying back a debt.

Have a much higher chance of dying with a heart attack, stroke, other major illnesses on the pitch than they do coronavirus. Do we stop all football till we can cure them too?

How many of the heart attacks, strokes and other major illnesses are transferable? Its not about a cure, its about exposing the least amount of people to the virus.

I understand that people are keen to have football /sport back into their life, but starting it again when people cannot see their own family group at the same time, to me, sends out the wrong message.

Probably not but the clubs are desperate to play the games so they don’t go out of business and the fans actually have a team to watch when they come back.

0.2%. But as usual the media narrative is that we’re doomed and should grind to a halt.

Have you considered that It may not the player that gets ill and instead his family who he could take it home to - exactly the reason that Troy Deeney has refused to go back.

How many of the heart attacks, strokes and other major illnesses are transferable? Its not about a cure, its about exposing the least amount of people to the virus.

I understand that people are keen to have football /sport back into their life, but starting it again when people cannot see their own family group at the same time, to me, sends out the wrong message.
With the high level of testing it shouldn't be transferable?

I see big problems ahead here. Clubs buying players for big money that can't play (or refuse to) because they test positive but feel ok. It's a minefield. The virus hasn't gone away the numbers have only gone down as we've all been hiding in our houses.

The virus will never completely disappear and the risk will never be nil. This is actually a pretty decent article on risk (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52758024).

A creep back to normal life for most people has to happen before we end up with even more unemployment, more limitations on the prospects of our young, other physical health issues, mental health concerns etc. Those who have issues which increase risk factors, or who live with those that do, will need to take additional measures and should be supported in doing so by the vast majority who are not faced by such issues.

Isolate the 2, regular tests, back to living life

Why should football players be treated differently from the rest of the British population.

I would rather be able to live a normal life too but I am not allowed to whilst we prioritise football players.

So more months of lockdown to watch some BCD matches, I’d rather not.

An additional two from another 1000 tests surely isn’t enough to delay it.
Only takes one to kick start another spread. And its not only just been two. There have been others and what about the families of the players? Wives, children, parents? And with the recent easing off in England, how many people were in close contact with them? I just feel it is still a bit early for football to be starting. People are still dying from this. How are they contracting it when they have been isolating for all this time?

Have a much higher chance of dying with a heart attack, stroke, other major illnesses on the pitch than they do coronavirus. Do we stop all football till we can cure them too?

Nonsensical comparison we do not have an epidemic of these other diseases - COVID-19 if not controlled will kill many more than the 63,000 excess deaths in the UK now if this is not put a stop to.

There will be games cancelled all over the place.
For genuine illness and also clubs will take the piss.
Old firm game and Celtic have a couple of key injuries. What do you think they are gonna do?
Suspected COVID,. Full squad on 7 day isolation.
Suspensions to key players, same again, suspected COVID, fixture rearranged, suspension served against a shitty team instead.

Only takes one to kick start another spread. And its not only just been two. There have been others and what about the families of the players? Wives, children, parents? And with the recent easing off in England, how many people were in close contact with them? I just feel it is still a bit early for football to be starting. People are still dying from this. How are they contracting it when they have been isolating for all this time?

Absolutely mate but is it not the case that the two cases would be isolated as per procedure and the clubs involved would have their personnel retested?

0.2%. But as usual the media narrative is that we’re doomed and should grind to a halt.
Everyone you walk out the door your in danger. Car accidents, public transit, heart attack stroke, work place accident...... you name it. Not trying to diminish anything but as someone else stated, the bigger shock will be how many people actually had this with zero symptoms. Anyone dying now it's blamed on this virus, not the fact many were close to death. At some point life gets back on track. We are begging socially engineered daily

Nonsensical comparison we do not have an epidemic of these other diseases - COVID-19 if not controlled will kill many more than the 63,000 excess deaths in the UK now if this is not put a stop to.
That’s why we stopped playing football mate, we are slowly getting past that stage.

You take a risk every time you leave your house, people need to accept that.

Have you considered that It may not the player that gets ill and instead his family who he could take it home to - exactly the reason that Troy Deeney has refused to go back.
You’re right.
Let’s stop the whole world. Let’s never see our family and parents ever again.

Just stop everything. Forever and ever.

There will be games cancelled all over the place.
For genuine illness and also clubs will take the piss.
Old firm game and Celtic have a couple of key injuries. What do you think they are gonna do?
Suspected COVID,. Full squad on 7 day isolation.
Suspensions to key players, same again, suspected COVID, fixture rearranged, suspension served against a shitty team instead.
2 weeks into the German league. How many games have been cancelled so far? Zero.

Early doors but what you’ve just posted is your scaremongering opinion instead of being based on any factual data.

The factual data is that Germany, Spain and Italy have eased their lockdowns and the rate of infection is continuing to fall.

8 Positive tests out of 1,744 tests in total. This equates to 0.46%.

Absolutely no reason for the EPL not start again if these numbers stay so low.

Will probably be more players available now than before the COVID stuff kicked off given that many players will have returned from injury now.

Does that mean that front line workers should stop going to work too?! C’mon, the hype about this is ridiculous. Yes, we are taught to be cautious, but that doesn’t equate to stoping everyone from living!

Honest to god, this might be the stupidest argument from people advocating for normality to resume as quickly as possible.

None of the illnesses mentioned are transferable.

I don’t know what’s so difficult for people to grasp about this.

Honest to god, this might be the stupidest argument from people advocating for normality to resume as quickly as possible.

None of the illnesses mentioned are transferable.

I don’t know what’s so difficult for people to grasp about this.
I’d say the thing that’s so difficult for a worrying number of people to grasp - perhaps yourself included - is that this isn’t going away, statistically affects the elderly with underlying conditions, and the rest of us might just want to get on with life.

People need to wake up to the fact that essentially everyone is going to get this bug at one point.

all the "lock down" stuff has been to flatten the infection rate to allow for the NHS to cope with those who take bad reaction to it and try to save those poor soles.

With more and more getting tested then the "positives" will increase accordingly, wait until the Anti-bodies one gets going and the number of those who have had it and not realised it is measured, i think a lot of folks will be in for a fright.

The idea of there being football crowds before a vaccine is delivered is a non starter in the litigious world we live in.

Strange New World ahead
There may never be a vaccine.
Not everyone will get this illness.
If it doesn't just disappear the probability is that herd immunity, natures built-in resistance against such infections, will render the virus with nowhere to go regarding new infections.
This might see it mutate and perhaps (hopefully) become less dangerous although more infectious.

If we were to change our entire way of living as social animals into the future because of this virus it would be stupidly expensive and probably cost us our civilisations.
Humans didn't conquer the planet hiding indoors because there was a chance of going outside and being exposed to risk.

Strange New World ahead
It will be surprising to people when they find out they have had it. My wife had all the symptoms but they wouldn’t test her because she didn’t have a fever for more than a day. She just got the anti-body test last week and was positive. The whole family probably have had it and no one else had any symptoms. She works at the hospital, that’s were she most likely caught it.

2 weeks into the German league. How many games have been cancelled so far? Zero.

Early doors but what you’ve just posted is your scaremongering opinion instead of being based on any factual data.

The factual data is that Germany, Spain and Italy have eased their lockdowns and the rate of infection is continuing to fall.
I'm talking about the integrity of it.
Teams will use it to their advantage.

:D at least you're consistent but glad to see we dont starve to death in this scenario,
Well done, you know where the smiley face button is. As usual nothing of actual use to contribute and again dodging any actual answers, but as long as you’ve got your wee smiley face button you’re happy. Well done.

You’re right.
Let’s stop the whole world. Let’s never see our family and parents ever again.

Just stop everything. Forever and ever.

settle down drama queen. I’m suggesting it’s not the time yet. Once we have the app in place and adequate test and trace the top stand a better chance of working.

Well done, you know where the smiley face button is. As usual nothing of actual use to contribute and again dodging any actual answers, but as long as you’ve got your wee smiley face button you’re happy. Well done.

you're an angry man who continually posts absolutely extreme scenarios. In this thread you have us never seeing our parents again and in the lounge you had us all miserable waiting on the onslaught of starvation ffs :D

Cheer up

Does that mean that front line workers should stop going to work too?! C’mon, the hype about this is ridiculous. Yes, we are taught to be cautious, but that doesn’t equate to stoping everyone from living!

football isnt essential work. Can believe I’m explaining that.

my suggestion is to go back once adequate test and trace are in place with the app.

Why do people who advocate "herd immunity" always have to resort to the extremes.

Life will never be the same again, We will never meet friends and family in person again, civilisations will crumble.

Staying at home unless you have to travel to do something. Staying at least two metres away from other people when you are out and about, washing your hands frequently and taking sensible precautions re cleanliness. Until we get this thing under control. It's not that hard.

Herd immunity, how many unnecessary deaths are acceptable to you in the hope that will work.

you're an angry man who continually posts absolutely extreme scenarios. In this thread you have us never seeing our parents again and in the lounge you had us all miserable waiting on the onslaught of starvation ffs :D

Cheer up
There’s the smiley face without any actual substance again. Brilliant stuff.

Back