2 More Positive Tests In The EPL

settle down drama queen. I’m suggesting it’s not the time yet. Once we have the app in place and adequate test and trace the top stand a better chance of working.
0.2% infection rate is not the time to bring back football. But I’m the drama queen. Brilliant.

0.2% infection rate is not the time to bring back football. But I’m the drama queen. Brilliant.

predicting we will never be allowed out again, never see our parents again and we're all going to starve to death kind of hints that you're a drama queen.

predicting we will never be allowed out again, never see our parents again and we're all going to starve to death kind of hints that you're a drama queen.
And where did I predict we wouldn’t be allowed out again? I commented that those who wanted to remain in lockdown appeared happy to never go out again and maintain the status quo. And if they were happy with us all doing that then inevitably we’d all starve to death.

A relatively facetious comment that most people would have taken as that, but clearly you and your smiley faces weren’t clever enough to work it out.

And where did I predict we wouldn’t be allowed out again? I commented that those who wanted to remain in lockdown appeared happy to never go out again and maintain the status quo. And if they were happy with us all doing that then inevitably we’d all starve to death.

A relatively facetious comment that most people would have taken as that, but clearly you and your smiley faces weren’t clever enough to work it out.

Loads of people go to their work every day, because it is necessary.

All that is being asked just now is that if you don't have to, and can work from home, you do that. That you only go out and about if it's essential. However no-one is being really precious about that, I see loads of people out and about.

It lowers the spread of the virus, and has other benefits, for example it keeps the roads clearer for people who need to use them.

Are you sure that is true for Germany?
Lockdown was relaxed on the 6th May.

AA6-C2732-BCC4-49-C6-AF0-E-ED477-E2-EEC02.png

Why should football players be treated differently from the rest of the British population.

I would rather be able to live a normal life too but I am not allowed to whilst we prioritise football players.

So more months of lockdown to watch some BCD matches, I’d rather not.
Oh 100% but every bit we get back to normal the more the public will cast off their cowardice and start living again. I would never have locked down in the first place. I am hoping more wake up and this can be a start

I’d say the thing that’s so difficult for a worrying number of people to grasp - perhaps yourself included - is that this isn’t going away, statistically affects the elderly with underlying conditions, and the rest of us might just want to get on with life.

Your post has nothing to do with mine but fair enough.

Oh 100% but every bit we get back to normal the more the public will cast off their cowardice and start living again. I would never have locked down in the first place. I am hoping more wake up and this can be a start

You think it's cowardice doing what we can to protect others, particularly the weak and vulnerable.

People have been on here who have had covid, and have family and friends who have died. How exactly is it cowardice to try to minimise that.

Lockdown was relaxed on the 6th May.

AA6-C2732-BCC4-49-C6-AF0-E-ED477-E2-EEC02.png

Germany is the least affected big country in Europe. 100 deaths per million population, compared to Spain 613, Italy and UK both 542. Naturally they are reacting differently and are getting back to normal slowly where as Spain and Italy are simply taking a chance because their economies are on their @rses.

Sweden never had a lockdown and are regretting it they have had 396 deaths per million population where neighbouring Norway are at 43 and Finland 55.

You think it's cowardice doing what we can to protect others, particularly the weak and vulnerable.

People have been on here who have had covid, and have family and friends who have died. How exactly is it cowardice to try to minimise that.
Its not. Anyone vulnerable should be protected but that can be done while healthy low risk people go about their lives. At this point we know who is at risk.

Its not. Anyone vulnerable should be protected but that can be done while healthy low risk people go about their lives. At this point we know who is at risk.

Why did you post it then.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to wind people up but to suggest following WHO and Government guidelines, in order to protect people who are weak and vulnerable, and possibly save their lives, is an act of cowardice is outrageous as far as I am concerned.

Oh and given that there is more and more evidence that people can catch it, go about their lives with no or mild symptoms, spreading it to others, do you propose everyone gets tested on a regular basis. Or do you just see that as an acceptable risk.

Why did you post it then.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to wind people up but to suggest following WHO and Government guidelines, in order to protect people who are weak and vulnerable, and possibly save their lives, is an act of cowardice is outrageous as far as I am concerned.

Oh and given that there is more and more evidence that people can catch it, go about their lives with no or mild symptoms, spreading it to others, do you propose everyone gets tested on a regular basis. Or do you just see that as an acceptable risk.
If you have someone in your family who is vulnerable then you protect them. How do you do it differently if you go to work or if you don’t? If you have 90 year old granny then you’re distancing whether u go about your daily business or not.
Now if you’re in one of the low risk groups and want to hide under your bed then even thats fine. If to enable you to feel better u want me to do the same then that to me is a coward.

If you have someone in your family who is vulnerable then you protect them. How do you do it differently if you go to work or if you don’t? If you have 90 year old granny then you’re distancing whether u go about your daily business or not.
Now if you’re in one of the low risk groups and want to hide under your bed then even thats fine. If to enable you to feel better u want me to do the same then that to me is a coward.

I sincerely hope none of your family or friends are stricken by this.

However if they are I'm sure the medical professionals who are risking their lives on a daily basis will do everything they can to help them. All I can do is follow the NHS's advice and do what I can to help eradicate this. If you think that makes me a coward fair enough.

Good luck and stay safe.

Stay at home as much as possible

It's very important to stay at home as much as possible.

There are only a few specific reasons to leave your home, including:

• for work, if you cannot work from home
  • going to shops to get things like food and medicine, or to collect things you've ordered
  • to exercise or spend time outdoors
  • for any medical reason, to donate blood, avoid injury or illness, escape risk of harm, provide care or help a vulnerable person
When outside your home, it's important to try to stay 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with.

I sincerely hope none of your family or friends are stricken by this.

However if they are I'm sure the medical professionals who are risking their lives on a daily basis will do everything they can to help them. All I can do is follow the NHS's advice and do what I can to help eradicate this. If you think that makes me a coward fair enough.

Good luck and stay safe.

Stay at home as much as possible

It's very important to stay at home as much as possible.

There are only a few specific reasons to leave your home, including:

• for work, if you cannot work from home
  • going to shops to get things like food and medicine, or to collect things you've ordered
  • to exercise or spend time outdoors
  • for any medical reason, to donate blood, avoid injury or illness, escape risk of harm, provide care or help a vulnerable person
When outside your home, it's important to try to stay 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with.
I hope the same for you. My parents are in their 80’s, I drop stuff and always distance from them.
From I have read and watched on it the virus isn’t dying out until enough people get it and recover from it. I am very willing to take that chance and be one of the 99.8% who recover and hopefully allow everybody to live their lives again.

And I bet you read it in the press who have done nothing but promote fear and panic all for the sake of clicks.

Whereas that graph is directly from government figures.
Danish scientists are stunned that the infections haven’t risen in the 4 weeks since they unlocked. Luckily for Scandinavians their governments aren’t doubling down in order to save face.

And I bet you read it in the press who have done nothing but promote fear and panic all for the sake of clicks.

Whereas that graph is directly from government figures.

Robert Koch Institute

May 18, 0 new cases, 0 deaths
May 19, 1310 new cases, 155 deaths

Robert Koch Institute

May 18, 0 new cases, 0 deaths
May 19, 1310 new cases, 155 deaths
I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here? You’re comparing 2 days.

The absolute fact is that Germany has not seen their infection rate rise after lockdown was eased.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here? You’re comparing 2 days.

The absolute fact is that Germany has not seen their infection rate rise after lockdown was eased.

Wasn't really making a point. Just checking the data as I knew I'd read something about recent rises.
If there were indeed 1300 new cases on 19 May, it is not shown on the graph you referred to.

Wasn't really making a point. Just checking the data as I knew I'd read something about recent rises.
If there were indeed 1300 new cases on 19 May, it is not shown on the graph you referred to.
Do you have your source somewhere?

Here’s a totally separate website saying 538 cases which is completely the same as what that chart is also reporting.

I hope the same for you. My parents are in their 80’s, I drop stuff and always distance from them.
From I have read and watched on it the virus isn’t dying out until enough people get it and recover from it. I am very willing to take that chance and be one of the 99.8% who recover and hopefully allow everybody to live their lives again.

I don’t think 99.8% recover are you not getting mixed up with that was the % footballers tested positive.

I think it is over 14% of people confirmed as positive in the UK have died.

I don’t think 99.8% recover are you not getting mixed up with that was the % footballers tested positive.

Yes but people who are fit and healthy are a low risk, so they are going to get on with their lives.

As I said, I will continue doing what the NHS are asking me to do.

The ongoing daily positive test figure in Scotland is 3%. The rolling 7-day average is 4%. Consistently falling for weeks and should be under 1% in a week or so - even with far more tests than before. Most hospitals are near to being empty.

At some point the general public will see test rates of 2 in 1000 like the EPL has, and if we aren’t back to (adjusted) normal life by that point, society and its economy will be in very dire straits.

Being young and fit doesn't make you exempt from the worst the virus has to offer.
It doesn't make you exempt however the mortality rate, if your under 65 with no underlying health conditions is nominal.

You've got more chance of drowning, or dying in a car crash.

The worry for the young, fit and healthy is passing it on to vulnerable relatives.

Likely won’t be the last 2 but we need to take confidence from the German model which looks like it’s working even if I don’t like the closed door empty stadiums

most aren’t tested for it so dont count towards those figures. They get it and recover. A percentage of the deaths died with covid rather than from covid.

Two positive tests is a good result and supports the move to get football restarted. I’m not sure how anyone could logically come to an alternative view. I say that knowing logic has long since been chucked out the window by many.

Back