2 Nice Gers Flags At The England v West Indies Test Match In St Lucia

MearnsUnionist

On my bucket list to do an away test match - probably when I retire right enough :))

Boxing Day at the MCG would be the one.

The Barmy Army are superb as well

Me too mate.

Always take in a couple of days at a home test each year.
Headingley is probably my favourite venue.

Great fun during the day at the cricket and some great pubs around the area at night.

ald

Both are brilliant mate, but for me the atmosphere at Headingley is hard to beat in cricket.
Agreed. I had a couple of days at the Test there this summer just past. And have tickets for a couple of days at the Ashes test there in August. Unless it clashes with the unfurling of the flag for 55, in which case i’ll need to give the second day a miss and get my tail up the road!

tazzabear

Me too mate.

Great fun during the day at the cricket and some great pubs around the area at night.
We’ve discussed this before.
I’m in Aussieland next January and might just get there if there’s a test match on.
Haven’t checked yet but the wife is going to be a bit bemused when I tell her I want to be in ‘x’ to see the cricket.
She’s used to be planning stuff around the Rangers games mind you.

MearnsUnionist

I’m in Aussieland next January and might just get there if there’s a test match on.
Haven’t checked yet but the wife is going to be a bit bemused when I tell her I want to be in ‘x’ to see the cricket.

Go for it Tazza.

The Aussies will be licking their wounds after we've gubbed them in the Ashes this summer.

Grommitt

Official Ticketer
On my bucket list to do an away test match - probably when I retire right enough :))

Boxing Day at the MCG would be the one.

The Barmy Army are superb as well
I've done Boxing Day at the MCG, and it was a day of England batting total capitulation. To add to that I got severely sunburnt on a day where the sun barely shone. If you ever get to Aus, DO NOT underestimate the lack of a meaningful ozone layer. You can easily burn badly on a cloudy day.

Jan Wyck

Only been to one cricket match. The New Year test between the Aussies and India over ten years ago.
Sell out crowd, drinking cold beer all day in the sunshine and a great atmosphere.
Cracking day out. Don't miss it if you ever get the chance. Me and my mates have made a lottery pact. If any of us ever win we're all off to either Oz or the Windies for a tour. We dream on.

govwalker

The Ashes won't be in Oz till November 2020 to January 2021.

Me too mate.

I’m lucky enough to have done most venues. Get to Edgbaston it’s best of the lot.
Also done 3 tours in Australia which is amazing
Also know the guys who own the flags and been seeing updates on their facebooks although I did enjoy yesterday better than the Chelsea lad lol

Australia will have the pink testin Sydney from 3rd January, not sure who is touring then. We don’t go back till November 2020

JCDarcheville

Cape Town is meant to be a great venue mate.

Should be an amazing trip.
I went to SA v Pakistan final one day at Newlands a couple of weeks ago. Not a huge cricket fan but the Oaks grass is some place to take in the day. Absolutely stunning location for a stadium and it only costs about £12 to get in, pints are less than £2! Brilliant day out.

Calderwoodloyal

Making first visit to Headingly this August for the Saturday of the Ashes test. Looking forward to a libation or 12 :cool:. Been to Trent Bridge a few times as my mate stays not far from Nottingham and had the pleasure for my 1st test match of watching the colonials getting put to the sword by Broad , all out just after lunch. A superb day out much maligned up here.

MearnsUnionist

Making first visit to Headingly this August for the Saturday of the Ashes test. Looking forward to a libation or 12 :cool:. Been to Trent Bridge a few times as my mate stays not far from Nottingham and had the pleasure for my 1st test match of watching the colonials getting put to the sword by Broad , all out just after lunch. A superb day out much maligned up here.

Headingley is brilliant mate.

The atmosphere kicks off at about 8am when the pubs around the ground open.

Never a dull moment from then onwards.

You'll love it.

barcode

Saw England in the Ashes in Brisbane a number of years ago. Was a great day out even though the wickets were tumbling and we were getting humped.

Calderwoodloyal

Headingley is brilliant mate.

The atmosphere kicks off at about 8am when the pubs around the ground open.

Never a dull moment from then onwards.

You'll love it.
Always dignified at the cricket :cool: Trent Bridge Inn at 9am for a bacon roll and a pint of Stowford Press! Breakfast of champions :p. Got digs near Headingly for the Friday and Saturday night so will do a reconnoiter for the Saturday morning festivities :cool::cool: preparing to taunt the sandpaper 11 :p

SSR

I've done Boxing Day at the MCG, and it was a day of England batting total capitulation. To add to that I got severely sunburnt on a day where the sun barely shone. If you ever get to Aus, DO NOT underestimate the lack of a meaningful ozone layer. You can easily burn badly on a cloudy day.
Done the tour at the MCG cracking stadium !

I’m going the Saturday and Sunday to Headingly. You live up this way and travelling down or you based down south.