2 Nice Gers Flags At The England v West Indies Test Match In St Lucia

Calderwoodloyal

I’m going the Saturday and Sunday to Headingly. You live up this way and travelling down or you based down south.
Driving down on the Friday (at the moment we’re leaving after work 2.30pm but there’s a good chance we may take a half day and head down about 11am to get to digs, freshen up and go see what delights Leeds holds :cool:. Back home on the Sunday when fit to drive :)):))

Driving down on the Friday (at the moment we’re leaving after work 2.30pm but there’s a good chance we may take a half day and head down about 11am to get to digs, freshen up and go see what delights Leeds holds :cool:. Back home on the Sunday when fit to drive :)):))
I’m looking at driving now , that’s why I bought a Sunday ticket that way I can watch cricket and sober up at same time. Then drive home after it.

Calderwoodloyal

I’m looking at driving now , that’s why I bought a Sunday ticket that way I can watch cricket and sober up at same time. Then drive home after it.
That relies on not drinking on the Sunday :)):)) we thought about it but combination of holidays, going down to TB for the ODI v Pakistan and ticket cost (we could only get the new stand at Headingly) we decided just to travel home on the Sunday.

Brant Hurley

Third Test, day three, St Lucia has been good for England. Lead by 360 with 7 wickets standing. Sadly Keemo Paul & D Bravo are hurt. When to declare?

Calderwoodloyal

Third Test, day three, St Lucia has been good for England. Lead by 360 with 7 wickets standing. Sadly Keemo Paul & D Bravo are hurt. When to declare?
It’s probably more a lounge convo now but I’d bat out most if not all of today and leave 2 days for Windies to hold out (not gonna happen :cool:). Maybe give Wood the new ball with Broad for 10 overs tonight if Buttler and Stokes put the foot down. No doubt the WI are missing those guys but they’ve played well (bowled superbly) in the series and maybe a wee pre-summer wake up call for England

spirit_of_93

It’s probably more a lounge convo now but I’d bat out most if not all of today and leave 2 days for Windies to hold out (not gonna happen :cool:). Maybe give Wood the new ball with Broad for 10 overs tonight if Buttler and Stokes put the foot down. No doubt the WI are missing those guys but they’ve played well (bowled superbly) in the series and maybe a wee pre-summer wake up call for England
Root declared agai st WI and they chased down a healthy score not so long ago in England didn’t he?

Imagine the game is well beyond WI already but reckon England will bat at least some of the morning session tomorrow just in case.

Calderwoodloyal

Are Scotland ever likely to be a Test team?
It’ll be some years away. We have a ranking in the One Day and T20 international game but that doesn’t guarantee test status. Ireland are the ones pushing closest and have played a couple of unofficial tests. Investment in the game here, or lack of, will be a major factor in holding us back. The result in beating England can do no harm in pushing the game into the spotlight

It’ll be some years away. We have a ranking in the One Day and T20 international game but that doesn’t guarantee test status. Ireland are the ones pushing closest and have played a couple of unofficial tests. Investment in the game here, or lack of, will be a major factor in holding us back. The result in beating England can do no harm in pushing the game into the spotlight
England playing test match in Ireland in summer.

grahamdavid

Official Ticketer
Have Ireland been officially given test match status? Thought ICC were still deliberating :rolleyes:? They are the SFA of cricket :mad:
Ireland a test team since 22/6/2017.

Scotland play Afghanistan in two One Day Internationals at the Grange in Edinburgh on Wednesday, 8th May and Friday, 10th May.

A good way to see a first game of cricket if anyone is interested. Afghanistan are a full test side. Was there a couple of years ago for the same fixtures. Great atmosphere. The Afghanistan crowd know how to make a noise!

:))

Last edited:
Ireland a test team since 22/6/2017.

Scotland play Afghanistan in two One Day Internationals at the Grange in Edinburgh on Wednesday, 8th May and Friday, 10th May.

A good way to see your first game of cricket. Afghanistan are a full test side. Was there a couple of years ago for the same fixtures. Great atmosphere. The Afghanistan crowd know how to make a noise!

:))
Playing Sri Lanka as well picked up a few tickets for the Saturday game.

Deejj206

Official Ticketer
Ireland got there on a golden generation they’ll struggle badly again at that level and Scotland have improved massively over that past 2-3 years again. Unfortunately the ICC have blocked almost any progress now.

House

Ireland got Test Status in 2017. I was actually thinking about going to their first ever test against Pakistan, seemed a great day out. I've only started getting into Cricket in the last few years. Can't abide by T20 mind you, it's the nuances and complexities of the Test game gets me.

Calderwoodloyal

Ireland got Test Status in 2017. I was actually thinking about going to their first ever test against Pakistan, seemed a great day out. I've only started getting into Cricket in the last few years. Can't abide by T20 mind you, it's the nuances and complexities of the Test game gets me.
Love test cricket but the wife enjoys T20 so I’ll accept that :p

Calderwoodloyal

Had read the ICC were more or less closing shop on international cricket. Pleased Ireland got their test status but agree they’ll struggle. Afghanistan unearthing some talent but worry the money in T20 May harm their test performances. The ICC (India if we’re being honest) are in danger of killing the growth in the game with their antics. Scotland’s last attempt at qualifying for 50-over finals was the perfect example.

I went to Durham a few years ago for a day's play in the Ashes match. Great atmosphere and great cricket. The speed of the ball and the distance back to the keeper is amazing. Saw Peterson scoring a quick 50. We are attempting a day's play at Old Trafford this year. Met a good few bears at the bar!

MearnsUnionist

I went to Durham a few years ago for a day's play in the Ashes match. Great atmosphere and great cricket. The speed of the ball and the distance back to the keeper is amazing. Saw Peterson scoring a quick 50. We are attempting a day's play at Old Trafford this year. Met a good few bears at the bar!

You always meet a good few Bears at the cricket mate.

Particularly Headingley and Old Trafford.