2 number 10s or 2 wingers

• Thread starter Deleted by own request member
  • Start date
D

Deleted by own request member

As soon as Jones comes on we play 2 wingers, Jones and Kent, with Kamberi playing behind morelos and we score straight away.

We seem to look a bit more threatening this way and the play looks more direct. Hopefully we stick with 2 wingers and get hagi and Aribo rotating in behind the striker where I believe they will be more effective.

The change in width had nothing to do with the goal but Kent will benefit enormously from having more of a defined role within the team

The change in width had nothing to do with the goal but Kent will benefit enormously from having more of a defined role within the team

Well it kinda did because Kent went to the right and came in from wide. He was playing left before Jones came on

Kent always looks more of a goal threat when played on the right cutting on his favoured left foot. Don't know why we don't play him there more often.

Kent's right footed mate

I didn't realise that. I was going on his goal today and the goal v Hamilton a few months ago. I rarely see him cut inside from the left and shoot with his right.

I said it before the game, 4 2 3 1 is the way to go domestically. I would have had Kamberi left, Hagi Central and Kent right, that was before Jones came back from the Antarctic

Domestically I like 2 wingers with the full backs overlapping. It leaves more space in the middle of the park as it draws players out wide. Also if it’s just a full back out there they get doubled up on and are less effective

To get the best out of Kent I believe he needs to be starting out wide. We look a better team when we have width and press from the front.

problem is who plays on the other side of Kent as no one is really up to it.

Two wingers. Playing the two number 10s plays into opposition’s hands especially domestically. That’s where they want us to play so they can stay compact. Get two wingers on the pitch and get teams stretched

Sometimes the solution is so simple............... 4-4-2

Start with the correct formation and you might well see a return of confidence and better results.

I would guess almost all the players would prefer to play that way in most of the games we play.

Well it did theres far more space for him to attack and get a shot away and when you do that against dross it often hits another player and ends up in the net.

Two wingers for me with the 10 in the middle of them. Two 10s don't work IMO especially with the 3 man narrow midfield and it just ends up being crowded in the middle.

The two number 10's is just bullshit from a management team who try to over complicate things.

It also hampers the team and we don't see the best from Kent or Hagi.

The goal came from the formation change definitely Morelos had Kamberi close enough to link with him when he was isolated all game Kamberi then needs marked by defenders which gave Kent more time and space to get a shot off

The two number 10s works if the middle three give us a platform to play off of further up the pitch AND our fullbacks get high and wide and putting in decent crosses. It worked fine in the first half of the season.

Since then our middle three - regardless of who plays - have been dug meat, and the fullbacks at times haven't been able to find their own arse using both hands, far less pick out a teammate with a cross.

Given all of that, then it does indeed make perfect sense to look to change it and I agree that the likes of Kent looks more dangerous properly out wide and pushed up higher. We should be able to mix it up more often, and not just when there's 15 minutes left in a game and we're desperate for a goal.

Like Kents OF goal at the Piggery I can see how it's meant to work, but it's almost like we're over-trying with it against the rest of the league teams.

OK I'll agree with that, but a single goal against hours and hours of nothing is little argument I'm afraid.

It obviously didn't hurt but the 5 minutes previously had been the first time all game you would have needed the expression "a goal is coming for Rangers"

Kent always looks more of a goal threat when played on the right cutting on his favoured left foot. Don't know why we don't play him there more often.

Kents right footed but your right he seems to shoot more cutting in on his left.

And also he can take corners with both feet as well.

He is a talented boy out of form and being asked to do far to much in a struggling team.

Imo he would be better utilised out wide in a more defined role until he gets his confidence and sharpness back.

Kent is 100x more effective when he's beating players, getting to the byline and putting in crosses.

Jones' might be frustrating at times but his directness and running at opponents completely changes the way teams defend.

Against the diddies?

Three Central Midfielders, one winger.

Aribo on the left side, covers whist Barisic overlaps every now and again and goes forward when he doesn't, One central midfielder to mop up loose balls and dictate play, either another midfielder in for steel against Hearts/Hibs/Sheep or a creative one that goes forward. On the right flank a winger to beat the full-back.

Back