2 songs for tomorrow are a must

Walter Smiths blue and white army followed by.....Oh oh ...Stevie we love you. These two legends had mutual respect for each other so lets Get them sung loud and proud bears and bearettes, i'm unable to make the game unfortunately.
Sorry, much as I love Steven Gerrard and what he has done in delivering 55, there is just no way he should, or would want to be, lauded on this night.
It's gonna be kinda sombre tomorrow. It certainly has been today.

Leave SG out of this.

If SG goes on to be the Rangers man that Walter Smith has proven to be, then maybe we could have a sing song for both of them at the same game.

Sorry to snap at you, bear. I'm sure you, on reflection, know where I'm coming from though.

Sorry, much as I love Steven Gerrard and what he has done in delivering 55, there is just no way he should, or would want to be, lauded on this night.

Leave SG out of this.

If SG goes on to be the Rangers man that Walter Smith has proven to be, then maybe we could have a sing song for both of them at the same game.

Sorry to snap at you, bear. I'm sure you, on reflection, know where I'm coming from though.
Agree with this and I think SG would as well

I think singing for Ally would also be nice. He will appreciate that lift. As would Gerrard.

But the night has to be mainly about The Gaffer.

Walter Smiths blue and white army followed by.....Oh oh ...Stevie we love you. These two legends had mutual respect for each other so lets Get them sung loud and proud bears and bearettes, i'm unable to make the game unfortunately.

Seen some posts on social media about singing Walter Smiths blue and white army for the first 9 minutes tomorrow night.

Leave SG out of this.

Possibly you could be right, we have to get right behind the team though.

We should belt out Walter Smith blue and white army straight after the silence

It will be a hugely emotional night at Ibrox

There will be a lot of tears tonight and I’m not embarrassed to say I shed a few yesterday over the course of the day

I doubt I’ll be able to sing. I’ll be too emotional. Going to be a really strange atmosphere.

Understandably so.
Ive given my ticket to one of my sons im traveling back from work so would be tight making it told them to take my scarf to lay at gates,said on another thread im glad really dont think i could get through tonight without being a bubbling wreck dont mind admitting it i would rather be at home tbh.

I know it’s a midweek game but hopefully there isn’t an empty seat for the duration.

My reaction to the Rangers video & SG’s talking about Walter Smith already tells me I’m going to be a bubbling mess tonight.

It’s going to be a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone inside Ibrox.

I don’t think there is any chance I’ll manage to get the words of Walter smiths blue and white army out my mouth tonight

Having just viewed the other thread I’d say we should belt out “When I saw her standing there” over the sound system.
A wise man told me after we lost my Old Man that I could be sad for my loss or I could celebrate how lucky I had been to have him.
How lucky we have been to have had Walter Smith amongst us.

I remember so vividly the chorus of Walter Smith's Blue & White Army being belted out by the entire crowd for aaaaaaaaages, then it would die down when the game was going on, only to still hear it in a wee pocket in a distant end of the stadium, only for it to grow again and before long the whole crowd would be belting it out again, and this cycle going on the full duration of the game.

Wonderful memories.

Get the old songbook out again;

-Walter Smith’s Blue & White Army
-Championees
-Super Ally
-Blue, White, Dynamite: Ian Durrant
-Davie Cooper on the Wing

etc. etc.

Raise the roof Bears.

Do him proud.

All of the tunes off that old 9 in a row CD. My old man played that before every game for about 12 years until it broke.

Leave SG's blue and white army out it I am sure he wont mind.

90 minutes of Walter Smith's blue and white army please. I think it was Killie when we won the league when it was sang for about 200 verses (I think Killie anyway)

Oh the bluebells are blue….it evokes memories of Walter‘s 2nd spell for me.
Not a dig by any means but the first time I heard 'The Bluebells' (and I never did fancy it) was at the cesspit on Ne'erfday 94, which was slap, bang in the middle of his first term.

As I said, not a dig by any means. Just strange that a wee, daft, song evokes different memories and times.

Leave SG's blue and white army out it I am sure he wont mind.

90 minutes of Walter Smith's blue and white army please. I think it was Killie when we won the league when it was sang for about 200 verses (I think Killie anyway)
As I stated in the thread, "oh stevieee we love you" would be brilliant also.

Were you a ‘Walter Smith’s’, or a ‘Blue and White Army. Or indeed were you one of those rare nutters that sang both?!

I was always a ‘Walter Smith’s’.

there's only one Walter Smith,
there's only one Walter Smith
One Walter Smith.
there's only on Walter Smith

Back