• Morelos

• Borna

• Hagi

• Kent

• Davis

• Arfield

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like my strikers hitting pens, however I’ve also said alfie isn’t the best penalty taker because he works off instinct. Was nice to see him place it firmly yesterday. I would go buff, Hagi, Borna, then Jack.

I think Barisic is the best striker of a dead ball in our squad (although haven't seen all of them do it). If given the role by SG, I think he is also the kind of player who would practice relentlessly as preparation.

Tav for me he’s scored some high pressure pens although I actually think hagi strike a dead ball better

Borna.

I don’t think Alfie or Tav have any other big misses left in them, the anger towards either player would be disgusting if they missed one.

Don’t know why it isn’t Borna or if JD is on the park it should be him, natural composed strikers of the ball.

Alfredo is a poor penalty taker no composure he just puts his laces through it.

Borna.

I don’t think Alfie or Tav have any other big misses left in them, the anger towards either player would be disgusting if they missed one.

Don’t know why it isn’t Borna or if JD is on the park it should be him, natural composed strikers of the ball.

Alfredo is a poor penalty taker no composure he just puts his laces through it.
Which is why I was glad to see him pass it firmly yesterday. Albeit in a friendly.

Really?

looked pretty much like the pen he hit in the cup final but to the other side of the keeper.

keeper guesses right way and he’s saving that

He passes it with his instep, there’s a photo showing it from a better angle. On the subject just leathering the ball for penalties, it worked for Boyd. Dozens of times.

Tav - consistently scored , misses a couple at same time as fans on his back- confidence issue . But he was consistent till then

Tav - consistently scored , misses a couple at same time as fans on his back- confidence issue . But he was consistent till then
Ideally I would have Tav back on them, I don’t think he wants them anymore though.

Whoever the gaffer trusts, logic will be behind it and I will trust the player to score.

Really?

looked pretty much like the pen he hit in the cup final but to the other side of the keeper.

keeper guesses right way and he’s saving that

Doesn’t really work like that. If the keeper indicates they are moving the other way then it makes sense to just pass it in. No need to strike the ball hard or aim right at the corner. Pretty standard way to take a penalty.

Hagi's penalty against Braga was actually very well hit, it was an excellent save.

Defoe also hits them well.

I went for Barisic just because I can see him being great at them.

As daft as it sounds I quite like Uniteds penalty system. Means the keeper has to study 4/5 players instead of 1 and with a lower sample of penalties they won’t be as confident.

Yeah I agree - taking way too much flack
Bearing in mind Tavs missed a penalty against Celtic, albeit not costing us. It shows the mental strength he had to step up again. I think last season was too much. Always forget he missed against Feyenoord had a tenner on him FGS :)

What is their system?
It rotates between four/five players. So Rashford takes one , Fernandes the next, then Martial so on and so forth. Seemed daft at first but I’m quite interested in it now psychologically it must hamper the goalie. Also means he would have to have been studying numerous players as opposed to one.

No regular starter has proved to be better than Tavernier.
Tbf how many starters have taken one. Alfie has 1/2, Arfield and Hagi have missed their first penalty, but so did Tav. I do agree though from the starters he should take them.

Tav is the best technical penalty taker. However mentally he is weak and quite clearly has bottled it now after a few misses.
Barisic for me.

Tav for me, if you even out his stats it’s a pretty good record just unfortunate for him the misses came so close together.

Personally I’d like Hagi to start taking them regularly. However I wouldn’t be against rotating them like Man Utd do if say Tavernier, Hagi and Morelos were to rotate between them. If Defoe is on the pitch (not sure how regularly that will be) then he should take them also.

I voted hagi as i feel he's the most technical player we have. Always prefer a forward player hitting penalties rather than a defender too.

Doesn’t really work like that. If the keeper indicates they are moving the other way then it makes sense to just pass it in. No need to strike the ball hard or aim right at the corner. Pretty standard way to take a penalty.
Never seen the keeper moving before he hit tbh.

id rather see a penalty taken with precision and aimed into the corner giving the keeper no chance even if he does guess right.

Probably Hagi, although I'll go against the grain and say his penalty v Braga was poor as it was at the diving height for a keeper.

Back