Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant game. If only Ribery was 5 years younger and they could have kept him on for the duration.

Fiorentina had nothing in attack when he went off. Inter were terrified of him.

Conte playing slightly different this year, having his wide centre backs as full backs to trade and then the wing backs ahead will allow the centre backs to overlap.

Explains why Godin and Skriniar (probably) have left, interesting system but surely that will mean even more depth needed. They were light there already.

Then again, I expect De Vrij will slot into defence when he comes back, most likely on the right.

De Vrij will make a massive difference, he'll slot right back into the central position and allow Bastoni to go back to the left and overlap, then it's just a case of does Skriniar go (if he does, that's €60m for a replacement) or stay and work back in.

De Vrij will make a massive difference, he'll slot right back into the central position and allow Bastoni to go back to the left and overlap, then it's just a case of does Skriniar go (if he does, that's €60m for a replacement) or stay and work back in.
I will be honest, I think he will keep Kolarov at left centre. Just a feeling, I don’t think he was signed to play LWB role.

Perhaps I’m over thinking it, Bastoni is crucial to the system right enough.

Will be interesting none the less. I used to wince seeing big Godin marauding down the right, he wasn’t awful at it but it wasn’t his game at all.

Reactions: KL2
I will be honest, I think he will keep Kolarov at left centre. Just a feeling, I don’t think he was signed to play LWB role.

Perhaps I’m over thinking it, Bastoni is crucial to the system right enough.

Will be interesting none the less. I used to wince seeing big Godin marauding down the right, he wasn’t awful at it but it wasn’t his game at all.

It definitely took away a lot of what Godin was good at, even defensively he looked uncomfortable in a 3.

How the Skriniar situation shakes out will be the big thing.

Still think Inter need something else going forward so could open up a bit of money if they decided to replace Skriniar with Smalling.
Need another striker IMO, but who wants to be back up to they two?. It’s naive on Conte’s part to expect them to fire all season again.

4-1 Sassuolo, score an awful lot of goals. Big fan of Caputo who finally gets a goal after an incorrectly (IMO) disallowed goal, great finish.

Stressful day, working so had Serie A on my phone and Rangers through my laptop. Whilst trying to work, missed a lot of action :))

Napoli 1-0 up on Genoa. Lozano with goal and playing some good stuff.

Insigne has pulled up though. Hamstring gone, that's at least a month out :confused:

Fancy the usual Juve 2-1 here, Roma really need the Milik deal done if they want a good season.

Milan done well considering Zlatan was out and he is their entire focal point in attack, really controlled the game and a good, comfortable win. The main man Tonali with a very solid starting debut.

Napoli also impressive, really like Zielinski as a player.

Think this is the worst Roma team I've seen since 2011, it is very poor.

Have to fancy a comfortable Juve win.

Think this is the worst Roma team I've seen since 2011, it is very poor.

Have to fancy a comfortable Juve win.
Three PL rejects, two veterans (Dzeko & Pedro). I think they’ll be lucky to finish 8th. Then again, Milik is an upgrade on Dzeko currently and could help them.

Withoit Zaniolo, Pellegrini must be looking about thinking “how did this happen”.

Three PL rejects, two veterans (Dzeko & Pedro). I think they’ll be lucky to finish 8th. Then again, Milik is an upgrade on Dzeko currently and could help them.

Withoit Zaniolo, Pellegrini must be looking about thinking “how did this happen”.

Only a few years ago they were almost winning the league with the likes of Pjanic, Nainggolan, Totti, Peredes, Salah, Dzeko, De Rossi, Manolas, Alisson...

Genuinely, Zaniolo aside it is terrible. Good promise in Kumbulla and Mancini, the rest of the squad is either old or just poor.

Dzeko has just missed an absolute sitter, a genuine you’d ‘put the weans college fund on him scoring’.

12 yards out, centre of the goal, jinks past two players and opts to take his time before firing wide.

Ronaldo should really score up the other end straight after.

Commentators nailed it, poor from Pirlo. He made a tackle earlier that could have been a second booking, should have been subbed off before sent off.

was going to say this is Roma’s game now but with Ronaldo still on the pitch you just wouldn’t know what could happen

This is the archetypal arch bastard Juve game.

Bear in mind Dzeko has just missed another very good chance.

Down to 10 men and lucky not to be 5-1 down, 2 Dzeko sitters and another for Mkhitaryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back