Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Suning group were told to pull out of European football by their government and folded their Chinese club (who had just been crowned champions).

Without that backing, Inter's financial situation is grim.

I'm guessing he's off to Napoli.
I’m sure they were begging for another loan the other day, they really are up the shitter financially.

They have assets, but can the afford to lose any of those with the CL coming up whilst trying to retain the Scudetto?.

A worry for Inter fans.

Still conflicting info about that. Newspapers saying it's done, another Roman newspaper quoting Lotito that he will stay,...

Inzaghi to Inter, probably the best they could do - two year deal.
I like that a lot actually. He's barely had a cent to spend at Lazio and overachieved pretty consistently. Plays 3 at the back too.

One negative would be that Lazio are known to be poor against the bigger sides under him and are basically flat track bullies. Potentially he can not have that problem at Inter with a better standard of squad.

I'm guessing he'll make the Morata signing permanent, force out Ronaldo and then take a serious look at that midfield mess he's inherited.
I like that a lot actually. He's barely had a cent to spend at Lazio and overachieved pretty consistently. Plays 3 at the back too.

One negative would be that Lazio are known to be poor against the bigger sides under him and are basically flat track bullies. Potentially he can not have that problem at Inter with a better standard of squad.
Totally agree with both you, will be interesting to see how Inzaghi copes with more expectation though and what kind of hand he’s dealt.

New Parma gaffer - was linked with Celtic a bit.. they should be coming straight back out of Seria B, how they managed to get relegated with the squad they have now is mad.
I didn't realise Parma had such a shockingly poor season.

I know losing Darmian, Kulusevski and Dermaku was a blow but the drop-off from last season is utterly incredible.

Cornelius going from 12 goals in 19/20 to 1 in 20-21 sums it up pretty well.

Venezia back in Serie A for the first time in 20 years, yet another Scot will be playing in the Italian top flight next season.

He’ll likely be moved on, but who cares :))

Last edited:
Only Milan and Atalanta from the top teams starting next season with the same coach.. barring any further madness! Opportunity for both of them to make a strong start.

What’s happened there then
According to football italia:

According to Calciomercato.com, Sportitalia and Sky Sport Italia, there is growing tension at the club between Gattuso, President Rocco Commisso and Club Manager Giancarlo Antognoni.

Gattuso had hesitated before accepting the job, as he wanted guarantees that the team would be suitably improved on the transfer market.

However, the negotiations for various players – including Nico Gonzalez and Sergio Oliviera – have not been concluded.

The element causing even more problems is that they are players proposed by agent Jorge Mendes, who also represents Gattuso.

It’s even considered possible that Gattuso could tear up the contract and walk away if he doesn’t see rapid progress.

The tension is above all around Antognoni, a club legend and icon whose contract as club manager expires on June 30.

Delighted to have Serie A back on BT, with Richardson involved too you just know it’s going to be great.

Hopefully Spackman is still involved in commentating.

Season starts in less than 2 weeks, pains me to say I don’t see Inter regaining their title - especially if they lose their two star strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back