20/21 Serie A thread

KL2

What’s going on with the juve game?

They're trying to force a 3-0 victory.

Napoli not being allowed to travel, they're not looking to do any kind of postponement and will take the pitch resulting in a 3-0 forfeit and bypassing one if the hardest games on their schedule.

Scum move really.

erskine bear

Napoli not being allowed to travel, they're not looking to do any kind of postponement and will take the pitch resulting in a 3-0 forfeit and bypassing one if the hardest games on their schedule.

Scum move really.
Farcical situation overall to be honest, it’s entirely out with Napoli’s control so hardly fair they get penalised.

Conveniently at a time Juve haven’t started well and Napoli are on fire..... can’t believe the luck.

Reactions: KL2

erskine bear

Muriel scores, 1-0 good finish. He’s really found a home at Atalanta, hint of offside but nice wee finish at the near post.

KL2

If there's a better team to watch in football than Atalanta, I haven't seen them. Then you add in Ilicic who will be back.

Another 4 goal first half.

Opta

Scum move really.
Thought they would’ve had a great chance at getting a result tonight as well.

Sionk

Scum move really.

That's not really the case though.

Serie A have stated that the game should go ahead. The local authority in Naples also did not ban travel.

The cynic would think Napoli don't want to play without Insigne who is injured and Zielinski who has covid. It is not like Aberdeen where half the team had caught it.

erskine bear

It kicks off in 3 hours.

Have they left Naples yet? Quite a trek to get to Turin.
Not sure, seemingly the local health board were preventing them from flying but that’s now been disproved. Napoli have also just tweeted that Rino does in fact not have COVID.

@KL2 reckon it will go ahead?.

Forth Bear

Atalanta have got to be one of the best teams to watch in Europe.

They've scored at least four goals in every game this season.

KL2

Not sure, seemingly the local health board were preventing them from flying but that’s now been disproved. Napoli have also just tweeted that Rino does in fact not have COVID.

Apparently they will play, very strange situation.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer

Guys from my work at saying it won't ....Juventus will kick off then walk off.

erskine bear

Aye. TBH I work for a bookie and I'm just saying its off because thats what my work emails say. No idea if theres official confirmation.
I can’t see anything official yet, come on to feck the game kicks off in an hour.

Either they are on a plane or they aren’t, surely whatever one would give us an indication of whether it’s going ahead or not.

Surely if it was the latter then it would be off by now?. Total shambles and I don’t even know who to blame.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
I can’t see anything official yet, come on to feck the game kicks off in an hour. Either they are on a plane or aren’t, surely whatever one would give us an indication of whether it’s going ahead or not.

Ok. If Juventus come out, kick off, walk off and get a 3-0 win....like Scotland at Tynecastle v Estonia in the late 90s.....then I was right.

If that doesnt happen then I accept the loss of credibility.

erskine bear

Milan go 2-0 up, that’s a couple of times Leao has scored this season now, Hernandez likes a goal too.

Must admit I had Pioli for the bin half way through last season but he’s made a remarkable turn around.

erskine bear

Ok. If Juventus come out, kick off, walk off and get a 3-0 win....like Scotland at Tynecastle v Estonia in the late 90s.....then I was right.

If that doesnt happen then I accept the loss of credibility.
Aw aye wasn’t a go at you mate, more the official channels :))

P.S I swear Scotland had to play a replay that game, was it not in Estonia too?.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
Aw aye wasn’t a go at you mate, more the official channels :))

P.S I swear Scotland had to play a replay that game, was it not in Estonia too?.

You might be right mate.....Why do I have Tynecastle in my mind when I think of that? Maybe it was away.

Were you even born ? :D

erskine bear

You might be right mate.....Why do I have Tynecastle in my mind when I think of that? Maybe it was away.

Were you even born ? :D
Nah couple of years prior, just double checked the game was in Talinn and had to be replayed in Monaco (no, me neither).

The Scots battled to a 0-0 draw, I’m sure Brown would have found something to celebrate whether it be corners or throw ins.

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
Nah couple of years prior, just double checked the game was in Talinn and had to be replayed in Monaco (no, me neither).

The Scots battled to a 0-0 draw, I’m sure Brown would have found something to celebrate whether it be corners or throw ins.

Of course we still managed to make it to the playoffs that campaign. I'm sure that was the same campaign we lost to England in the playoffs.

change consent