20/21 Serie A thread

superallythe2nd

Nah couple of years prior, just double checked the game was in Talinn and had to be replayed in Monaco (no, me neither).

The Scots battled to a 0-0 draw, I’m sure Brown would have found something to celebrate whether it be corners or throw ins.

Scotland were in the same world cup qualifying group as Sweden. The UEFA president at the time was Lennart Johansen - a Swede funnily enough. Game was eventually ordered to be played in neutral Monaco.

Safe to say there was a bit of a ruckus at the time. Incidentally, Scotland played Sweden at Ibrox the following month IIRC and won 1-0 which was crucial in qualifying for France 98. Strangely also recall the Broomloan Road stand being pretty much empty for some reason.

Anyway, I digress. Very strange situation - tonight's lineups announced via FlashScores and Google but game is pulled.

erskine bear

Scotland were in the same world cup qualifying group as Sweden. The UEFA president at the time was Lennart Johansen - a Swede funnily enough. Game was eventually ordered to be played in neutral Monaco.

Safe to say there was a bit of a ruckus at the time. Incidentally, Scotland played Sweden at Ibrox the following month IIRC and won 1-0 which was crucial in qualifying for France 98. Strangely also recall the Broomloan Road stand being pretty much empty for some reason.

Anyway, I digress. Very strange situation - tonight's lineups announced via FlashScores and Google but game is pulled.
Thank you for the insight;). For what it’s worth, I think the league have made an arse of this. Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and it was Juve who couldn’t play .....

West with the Night

Was fair looking forward to it tonight to but this Aston Villa vs Liverpool game isn't half a decent substitute!. First half hat-trick for Watkins.

superallythe2nd

the Estonia game was the same campaign wasn’t it ?

Scotland had Estonia in back to back qualifying campaigns. The "ghost game" was during the France 98 qualifiers.

As it happens, Scotland laboured to a win over them at Tynecastle in the 2000 qualifying campaign before drawing 0-0 in Estonia. I believe the Tynecastle match was Super Ally's final Scotland appearance.

Craig Brown deeming him not good enough for France but calling him up months later to play a qualifier. Subsequently thrown to the wolves when he had a poor game.

*Anyway, enough about Scotland. It's the Serie A thread! :))

randomhero

At what point do they give Juve the points? Livescore still showing live footage of people just waiting around lol

Biniaro11

Sporting events cancelled all over the world. There should be rules in place for covid attacks and cancelling events. World’s fucked.

Fergie90

Seen this on twitter, I dont know how to upload so just copied and paste.

Why are the bookies taking bets on this game tonight ?

Quite the most surreal spectacle unfolding in Italy right now as Juventus prepare as normal - team bus to the stadium, starting XI posted on Twitter - to face a Napoli team that everybody knows is not going to show up, seeing as they are still back home in Naples

erskine bear

Seen this on twitter, I dont know how to upload so just copied and paste.

Why are the bookies taking bets on this game tonight ?

Quite the most surreal spectacle unfolding in Italy right now as Juventus prepare as normal - team bus to the stadium, starting XI posted on Twitter - to face a Napoli team that everybody knows is not going to show up, seeing as they are still back home in Naples
Bookies were taking bets due to the ambiguity of the situation, now it’s been cleared up all bets will be voided.

superallythe2nd

What's the situation with Genoa and Torino? Does that get replayed or do Genoa have to forfeit for having COVID cases in their ranks?

erskine bear

Bastoni, Skriniar, Nainggolan and Gagliardini all positive for COVID

Only Bastoni is a nailed on starter, still a big loss. Milan Derby up next against a resurgent Milan.

viewoftheadige

Juve awarded a 3-0 win for the Napoli no show. Napoli also docked a point. I'd imagine an appeal will go in and they'll get their point back.

Madjid Moments

Juve awarded a 3-0 win for the Napoli no show. Napoli also docked a point. I'd imagine an appeal will go in and they'll get their point back.
That’s a joke.
I read that the public health team in Naples told them they couldn’t leave the area.

They conveyed this to the league and Juve and they wouldn’t cancel.

Surely public health, a global pandemic and guidelines to stop further spread come before football.

I hope they appeal and win because that stinks.

erskine bear

That’s a joke.
I read that the public health team in Naples told them they couldn’t leave the area.

They conveyed this to the league and Juve and they wouldn’t cancel.

Surely public health, a global pandemic and guidelines to stop further spread come before football.

I hope they appeal and win because that stinks.
Something fishy here, only reason I see this occurring was if Napoli broke some sort of protocol.

Even then, health board trumps league. This won’t be the last we hear of it IMO.

erskine bear

Juventus are reportedly looking to smash the world-record transfer fee with an incredible £360m bid to try and land Kylian Mbappe, in a move that would see Cristiano Ronaldo head to Paris Saint-Germain in return.

I would love this to happen from a playing point, but that amount of money is making my eyes water.

erskine bear

Was too drunk to catch any of the games this weekend, Juve slip up again and fckn inter lose.

Pioli has had some year at Milan considering the awful start.

erskine bear

Verona v Genoa is one for catenaccio lovers, Verona are great defensively and Genoa are still fairly reliant on 6253 year old Pandev.

Verona also have the brilliantly named Empereur.

change consent