Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this '10 in a row' Juventus are going for now? Far past time that sort of run was ended.

I don't think there's a country in the world that has as many truly great football clubs as Italy. Its high time another one of them stepped up to the mark.
............ that'll be Inter then.

The best league in the world starts back tonight.

Fancy Inter for the title this year as they've retained Conte, some players and signed Hakimi. Still lacking in squad depth and losing Tonali to their rivals was criminal.

Tonight's games
Fiorentina v Torino 5PM
Veron v Roma 7:45PM.

Fiorentina opened last season with a thrilling match against Napoli, this wont be as exciting as Torino generally depend on Belotti to even be competent. Verona are solid defensively and well organised, Roma have lost Kolorov and have yet to replace an ageing Dzeko. Zaniolo out for a while with his second ACL injury is a blow, he's only a kid and is their playmaker.

2-1 Fiorentina and 1-0 Roma IMO.
Jive huge favourites as normal? who will be best of the rest?

Realistically do you give Inter a chance though?
Yeah mate, inter were on course till about December then squad depth let them done. Over reliance on the two front guys is still an issue though.

I’m quietly confident, however Juve’s depth is beyond ridiculous. Inter have the best manager right enough.

The best of the rest will likely be Napoli (if they keep KK), Atalanta and Milan.

Morata going back to Juventus.

Interesting.

If they set up in a 4-3-1-2 and sign a Right Back that isn't hopeless to give them width with Kulusevski on that side, they'll be a very difficult side to beat.

Yeah mate, inter were on course till about December then squad depth let them done. Over reliance on the two front guys is still an issue though.

I’m quietly confident, however Juve’s depth is beyond ridiculous. Inter have the best manager right enough.

The best of the rest will likely be Napoli (if they keep KK), Atalanta and Milan.
Fair enough. Surely over a season that depth pays dividends again?
You’re an inter man?

Fair enough. Surely over a season that depth pays dividends again?
You’re an inter man?
Pretty much anyone but Juve haha, Inter have strengthened with experienced pros as back up. Losing out on Tonali was criminal, but I’m sure If Conte ends Juve’s fun then nobody will care.

I'm buzzing for it.

Strongly fancy Inter, Hakimi is going to be an absolute star in Conte's system and Kolarov is still a big upgrade on the other side. Get the Vidal deal over the line and they are ready to go.
Wasn't Conte not getting criticised for his recruitment in signing older players with no potential/sell on value like Kolarov and Vidal about to be confirmed?

Wasn't Conte not getting criticised for his recruitment in signing older players with no potential/sell on value like Kolarov and Vidal about to be confirmed?
Yeah he was, because he was messing about with them he missed out on Sandro. But short term they are good signings and will help them win the league.

Understand both sides.

Yeah he was, because he was messing about with them he missed out on Sandro. But short term they are good signings and will help them win the league.

Understand both sides.

What a CV Vidal has.

I don’t blame Barca for moving him on as certainly not what they need but could be a great signing for Inter.

Is there anymore on Suarez going to Juve?

What a CV Vidal has.

I don’t blame Barca for moving him on as certainly not what they need but could be a great signing for Inter.

Is there anymore on Suarez going to Juve?
He’s off to Atleti I’m sure, Morata to Juve is the deal now :)). As is Dzeko, once the Milik to Roma deal is sorted.

Very much so, but I also understand his thinking.

He is fully in on stopping the Juventus domination of Italian football this season, he felt experienced players with a history of winning trophies would help him achieve that more so than young players still developing.

Very much a short term plan, but worth it if it pans out.

Excellent, Valero away back to Fiorentina just means they need someone to take Gagliardini off their hands.

That'll be quite an achievement, absolutely woeful footballer.

Would be pleased if they punted Eriksen as well, he's the worst fit possible for Conte who didn't even want him. Was never going to work.

That'll be quite an achievement, absolutely woeful footballer.

Would be pleased if they punted Eriksen as well, he's the worst fit possible for Conte who didn't even want him. Was never going to work.
The strangest signing going, proper champ manager stuff. Signed a player who plays best behind a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, to play him in a 3-5-2. Anyone with football knowledge could tell you it would never work, he shouldn’t be too hard to shift I’d imagine.

Question is, would they still be buying a good player or merely a good ‘name’.

Reactions: KL2
The strangest signing going, proper champ manager stuff. Signed a player who plays best behind a lone striker in a 4-2-3-1, to play him in a 3-5-2. Anyone with football knowledge could tell you it would never work, he shouldn’t be too hard to shift I’d imagine.

Question is, would they still be buying a good player or merely a good ‘name’.

Name only, he's been dreadful for 2 years.

A couple of little moments over the course of 90 minutes and like playing with a man down out of possession.

Conte apparently made it very clear he didn't want him signed, they done it anyway instead of Vidal. Genuinely think that was the difference in last year's title race.

Can't stand Juve but hope they win 10 in a row, and win it early just as an insurance should the tims win the league and we have to listen to their pish.

Name only, he's been dreadful for 2 years.

A couple of little moments over the course of 90 minutes and like playing with a man down out of possession.

Conte apparently made it very clear he didn't want him signed, they done it anyway instead of Vidal. Genuinely think that was the difference in last year's title race.
Totally agree on all points.

And Verona go top!

Roma have been penalised for irregularly fielding Amadou Diawara in the 0-0 draw with Verona, so Hellas receive a 3-0 victory.

The midfielder turned 23 in July, so was no longer eligible for the Under-22 list that he had been on last season.

However, Diawara was not registered on the senior player list, even after the Lega Serie A informed Roma of the error.

As a result, the precedents in this situation confirm Roma are penalised by defaulting the game, losing 3-0 to Verona.

It had ended 0-0 at the Stadio Bentegodi last Saturday, the opening round of the 2020-21 season.

Roma had argued it was not an error that influenced the game, because there were still four empty slots in the senior squad list that Diawara could’ve taken up if he’d been in the correct section.

And Verona go top!

Roma have been penalised for irregularly fielding Amadou Diawara in the 0-0 draw with Verona, so Hellas receive a 3-0 victory.

The midfielder turned 23 in July, so was no longer eligible for the Under-22 list that he had been on last season.

However, Diawara was not registered on the senior player list, even after the Lega Serie A informed Roma of the error.

As a result, the precedents in this situation confirm Roma are penalised by defaulting the game, losing 3-0 to Verona.

It had ended 0-0 at the Stadio Bentegodi last Saturday, the opening round of the 2020-21 season.

Roma had argued it was not an error that influenced the game, because there were still four empty slots in the senior squad list that Diawara could’ve taken up if he’d been in the correct section.
Interesting turn of events that, honestly you would imagine they had someone checking those things.

Skriniar possibly off to Spurs, Spurs value player at €50m where as Inter want an extra €10.

Would be a great signing for spurs.

Skriniar is a great player, but he struggled badly playing in a back 3. I'd have considered him untouchable a year ago, but the system won't change and in turn he's not going to be anywhere near his best.

Still wouldn't sell for €50m though.

Sadly missed the games today, about to watch Inter for what should be a cracker.

3-1 Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back