Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve should have ended up winning this, they keep slowing it down something chronic in the final third though.

Disappointing given the circumstances.

Can't complain though, they've dropped points early doors.

Mustafi heading to Lazio apparently. Think that's a good move for everyone, his confidence was shot at Arsenal even though he was coming back into it under Arteta.

Still deflated with Serie A, after Roma throwing away the 3 points against Juve last night, but just seen Hickey is in the starting lineup for Bologna against Parma tonight, so might stick it on to see how he gets on. Was never his biggest fan, but always think it’s admirable for a young Scottish footballer to go and try a foreign league and culture. Good luck to him.

Still deflated with Serie A, after Roma throwing away the 3 points against Juve last night, but just seen Hickey is in the starting lineup for Bologna against Parma tonight, so might stick it on to see how he gets on. Was never his biggest fan, but always think it’s admirable for a young Scottish footballer to go and try a foreign league and culture. Good luck to him.
Agreed.

I fancy a Desmond in this game, neither team have really got going yet and should be a good game.

Hickey showing is defensive frailties there, beaten far far too easily. Stay on your feet is an saying.

Seems like Lazio are about to sign Andreas Pereira from ManU.
My abiding memory is him scoring a free kick against someone when I was in Magaluf 2018, couldn’t tell you anything else.

EDIT: he never even scored that game...

Reactions: KL2
My abiding memory is him scoring a free kick against someone when I was in Magaluf 2018, couldn’t tell you anything else.

EDIT: he never even scored that game...

Think that's a fair reflection of him tbf, his career highlight being something that never even happened :D

14 positive cases of coronavirus at Genoa. Serie A said to be taking it very seriously. Many predicting pause in play. I don't know about that but can see Juve vs Napoli being called off as well as Genoa's game to obviously.

I’ve just seen Lazio are paying €27m for this fella, foorball has gone beyond mental. What the actual fck.

There's no question that Serie A is a shadow of what it once was - but in some ways I find it more entertaining the way it is now

It's still got the potential to revert into defence ruled matches with neither team spending much time in their opponents penalty area & I won't say that makes for great entertainment- but I will say that quality defensive play (not just 10 men behind the ball Scottish style) is worthy of admiration as well

I also find it interesting how the more attacking teams rarely expose themselves to potential breakaways - & nearly always maintain shape, position & cover at the back when they do attack

We could learn a lot from this league imo

Benevento v Inter. Inter should win by a couple
Udinese v Spezia. Udinese should win by 1 or 2, don’t expect goals.

Game of the evening Lazio v Atalanta.

Don’t expect Lazio to maintain last seasons form by any stretch, will still push for top 4 but Atalanta should have too much firepower.

Then again, Atalanta might be facing a hangover this season. Finished 3rd, 4 points behind the champions and were so close to reaching a champions league semi.

3-1 Atalanta. Expect goals anyway.

Benevento v Inter. Inter should win by a couple
Udinese v Spezia. Udinese should win by 1 or 2, don’t expect goals.

Game of the evening Lazio v Atalanta.

Don’t expect Lazio to maintain last seasons form by any stretch, will still push for top 4 but Atalanta should have too much firepower.

Then again, Atalanta might be facing a hangover this season. Finished 3rd, 4 points behind the champions and were so close to reaching a champions league semi.

3-1 Atalanta. Expect goals anyway.

Can see the 3 games producing goals tonight.

I seen Paqueta may be on the move, the partnership him and Piatek formed in the first six months was an absolute joy to watch.

Can’t think of two players collectively going so off the boil.

Gagliardini is starting, I'm genuinely astonished.

With the midfield options Inter now have, he should never be anywhere near the pitch. An absolutely horrendous player in every single part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back