Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kicks off in 3 hours.

Have they left Naples yet? Quite a trek to get to Turin.
Not sure, seemingly the local health board were preventing them from flying but that’s now been disproved. Napoli have also just tweeted that Rino does in fact not have COVID.

@KL2 reckon it will go ahead?.

Atalanta have got to be one of the best teams to watch in Europe.

They've scored at least four goals in every game this season.

Not sure, seemingly the local health board were preventing them from flying but that’s now been disproved. Napoli have also just tweeted that Rino does in fact not have COVID.

Apparently they will play, very strange situation.

Guys from my work at saying it won't ....Juventus will kick off then walk off.

Aye. TBH I work for a bookie and I'm just saying its off because thats what my work emails say. No idea if theres official confirmation.
I can’t see anything official yet, come on to feck the game kicks off in an hour.

Either they are on a plane or they aren’t, surely whatever one would give us an indication of whether it’s going ahead or not.

Surely if it was the latter then it would be off by now?. Total shambles and I don’t even know who to blame.

I can’t see anything official yet, come on to feck the game kicks off in an hour. Either they are on a plane or aren’t, surely whatever one would give us an indication of whether it’s going ahead or not.

Ok. If Juventus come out, kick off, walk off and get a 3-0 win....like Scotland at Tynecastle v Estonia in the late 90s.....then I was right.

If that doesnt happen then I accept the loss of credibility.

Milan go 2-0 up, that’s a couple of times Leao has scored this season now, Hernandez likes a goal too.

Must admit I had Pioli for the bin half way through last season but he’s made a remarkable turn around.

Ok. If Juventus come out, kick off, walk off and get a 3-0 win....like Scotland at Tynecastle v Estonia in the late 90s.....then I was right.

If that doesnt happen then I accept the loss of credibility.
Aw aye wasn’t a go at you mate, more the official channels :))

P.S I swear Scotland had to play a replay that game, was it not in Estonia too?.

Aw aye wasn’t a go at you mate, more the official channels :))

P.S I swear Scotland had to play a replay that game, was it not in Estonia too?.

You might be right mate.....Why do I have Tynecastle in my mind when I think of that? Maybe it was away.

Were you even born ? :D

You might be right mate.....Why do I have Tynecastle in my mind when I think of that? Maybe it was away.

Were you even born ? :D
Nah couple of years prior, just double checked the game was in Talinn and had to be replayed in Monaco (no, me neither).

The Scots battled to a 0-0 draw, I’m sure Brown would have found something to celebrate whether it be corners or throw ins.

Nah couple of years prior, just double checked the game was in Talinn and had to be replayed in Monaco (no, me neither).

The Scots battled to a 0-0 draw, I’m sure Brown would have found something to celebrate whether it be corners or throw ins.

Of course we still managed to make it to the playoffs that campaign. I'm sure that was the same campaign we lost to England in the playoffs.

Scotland were in the same world cup qualifying group as Sweden. The UEFA president at the time was Lennart Johansen - a Swede funnily enough. Game was eventually ordered to be played in neutral Monaco.

Safe to say there was a bit of a ruckus at the time. Incidentally, Scotland played Sweden at Ibrox the following month IIRC and won 1-0 which was crucial in qualifying for France 98. Strangely also recall the Broomloan Road stand being pretty much empty for some reason.

Anyway, I digress. Very strange situation - tonight's lineups announced via FlashScores and Google but game is pulled.

Scotland were in the same world cup qualifying group as Sweden. The UEFA president at the time was Lennart Johansen - a Swede funnily enough. Game was eventually ordered to be played in neutral Monaco.

Safe to say there was a bit of a ruckus at the time. Incidentally, Scotland played Sweden at Ibrox the following month IIRC and won 1-0 which was crucial in qualifying for France 98. Strangely also recall the Broomloan Road stand being pretty much empty for some reason.

Anyway, I digress. Very strange situation - tonight's lineups announced via FlashScores and Google but game is pulled.
Thank you for the insight;). For what it’s worth, I think the league have made an arse of this. Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and it was Juve who couldn’t play .....

An hour and a half wankfest over Roberto Baggio, Paolo Maldini, great number 10s, a classic match (Juve winning title at Genoa) and something about Lazio doing well from last season.

Repeat as necessary to fill the slot.
Think I will fire on Lyon instead.

Was fair looking forward to it tonight to but this Aston Villa vs Liverpool game isn't half a decent substitute!. First half hat-trick for Watkins.

the Estonia game was the same campaign wasn’t it ?

Scotland had Estonia in back to back qualifying campaigns. The "ghost game" was during the France 98 qualifiers.

As it happens, Scotland laboured to a win over them at Tynecastle in the 2000 qualifying campaign before drawing 0-0 in Estonia. I believe the Tynecastle match was Super Ally's final Scotland appearance.

Craig Brown deeming him not good enough for France but calling him up months later to play a qualifier. Subsequently thrown to the wolves when he had a poor game.

*Anyway, enough about Scotland. It's the Serie A thread! :))

At what point do they give Juve the points? Livescore still showing live footage of people just waiting around lol

Sporting events cancelled all over the world. There should be rules in place for covid attacks and cancelling events. World’s fucked.

Seen this on twitter, I dont know how to upload so just copied and paste.

Why are the bookies taking bets on this game tonight ?

Quite the most surreal spectacle unfolding in Italy right now as Juventus prepare as normal - team bus to the stadium, starting XI posted on Twitter - to face a Napoli team that everybody knows is not going to show up, seeing as they are still back home in Naples

Seen this on twitter, I dont know how to upload so just copied and paste.

Why are the bookies taking bets on this game tonight ?

Quite the most surreal spectacle unfolding in Italy right now as Juventus prepare as normal - team bus to the stadium, starting XI posted on Twitter - to face a Napoli team that everybody knows is not going to show up, seeing as they are still back home in Naples
Bookies were taking bets due to the ambiguity of the situation, now it’s been cleared up all bets will be voided.

Moving on from the farcical nonsense from the association, I see Douglas Costa has signed for Bayern again.

What's the situation with Genoa and Torino? Does that get replayed or do Genoa have to forfeit for having COVID cases in their ranks?

Bastoni, Skriniar, Nainggolan and Gagliardini all positive for COVID

Only Bastoni is a nailed on starter, still a big loss. Milan Derby up next against a resurgent Milan.

Juve awarded a 3-0 win for the Napoli no show. Napoli also docked a point. I'd imagine an appeal will go in and they'll get their point back.

Juve awarded a 3-0 win for the Napoli no show. Napoli also docked a point. I'd imagine an appeal will go in and they'll get their point back.
That’s a joke.
I read that the public health team in Naples told them they couldn’t leave the area.

They conveyed this to the league and Juve and they wouldn’t cancel.

Surely public health, a global pandemic and guidelines to stop further spread come before football.

I hope they appeal and win because that stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back