Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game so far, hoping for more of the same. Getting back into the Italian football over the past month after losing interest years ago which probably coincided with our era of absolute rubbish. Looking back I was scunnerred with anything outside of Rangers and watching teams at a different level hurt. Thouroughly enjoying the games now and at least we play the same sport as these teams now

Big day Sunday;

Sampdoria - Atalanta 11.30am
Crotone - Cagliari 2pm
Inter - Genoa 2pm
Udinese - Fiorentina 2pm
Napoli - Benevento 5pm
Roma - Milan at 7.45pm

Some decent match-ups tomorrow.

Atalanta will be looking to push into the top 4 with a win over Sampdoria in the early game after Juve dropping points on Saturday night. There is also a fair chance of Milan and Roma potentially cancelling each other out when they play each other in the evening game which, on paper, is the pick of the fixtures in this round.

Inter, of course, will look to take advantage of the storm brewing and extend their lead at the top with a win over Genoa in one of the 2pm games.

Crotone host Cagliari in a battle at the bottom. The 3 relegation spots would appear to be pretty much spoken for at this point of the season. That said, a win for Cagliari and it maybe gives them a glimmer of hope for survival - unlikely as it may be.

Napoli host Benevento in the 5pm game. Out of the EL on Thursday there and the Coppa a distant memory now - they need to finish in the top 6 to guarantee European football. Lazio's loss on Saturday gives them a chance to move into 6th if Rino's side can get the win over their fellow Southerners (and maybe keep him in a job a wee bit longer). Not completely out of the CL places either to be fair.

James Richardson Loyal :cool: B-D
Fucking hell that’s detailed :))

Anyone think the title race is still on?

I still think it’s over.
Not completely over for me if Milan hold on tonight. Inter still need to go to Juve and Napoli as well as hosting Atalanta (next week) and Roma.

That said, Milan will have a tough week middle of next month with a game at home to Napoli sandwiched in between their Europa League games with Man United.

Not completely over for me if Milan hold on tonight. Inter still need to go to Juve and Napoli as well as hosting Atalanta (next week) and Roma.

That said, Milan will have a tough week middle of next month with a game at home to Napoli sandwiched in between their Europa League games with Man United.
Inter look pretty well drilled and have no euro competition distractions. Would be good if Milan finish the job tonight and kick on.
I think they’ll slip down the league, regardless Pioli is doing an incredible job with the players at his disposal.

I think Man United could take a few off them.

2-1 Milan, that strip is absolutely beautiful!
I'm hugely disappointed that all the Italian clubs have jumped on the bandwagon for wearing colours that are alien to them. For example, what exactly does that blue strip have to do with Milan?

At one time they wore away strips that were an extension of their club colours, like Inter with a black and blue band/sash on a white shirt, Milan with red and black on white, or Juventus wearing blue and yellow as the colours of Turin. Sampdoria and Genoa followed the same pattern, with away shirts that clearly identified them.

Now they've all joined (just like Rangers too) the 3rd strip nonsense with spurious colour pallettes.

Oh dear, oh dear.

That's me, rant over!
:))

I'm hugely disappointed that all the Italian clubs have jumped on the bandwagon for wearing colours that are alien to them. For example, what exactly does that blue strip have to do with Milan?

At one time they wore away strips that were an extension of their club colours, like Inter with a black and blue band/sash on a white shirt, Milan with red and black on white, or Juventus wearing blue and yellow as the colours of Turin. Sampdoria and Genoa followed the same pattern, with away shirts that clearly identified them.

Now they've all joined (just like Rangers too) the 3rd strip nonsense with spurious colour pallettes.

Oh dear, oh dear.

That's me, rant over!
Some clouds outside that need shouted at mat:))

For what it’s worth I agree, black, red and white should be Milan’s three strips IMO but blue is glorious so not complaining!

Oh dear, oh dear.

That's me, rant over!
I know- imagine the fallout if Rangers bought out a kit that had a hint of green :eek: :eek: :eek:

Really good day of football over, inter remain 4 points ahead whilst Cagliari, Crotone and Parma look set to go.

Can’t see anyway back for them, when Cagliari go I want us signing Pedro.

Torino v Lazio @17:30
Juve v Spezia @19:45
Juve can narrow the gap to 7 points tonight, Spezia have been pretty impressive this season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them draw.

Juve have one win in five, not good.
2-1 Juve.

Torino’s players haven’t turned up, Torino tried to agree a postponement due to their missing Covid players and having to quarantine.

Lazio told them to ram it, I doubt they’ll get the points after Juve/Napoli game got postponed after an appeal.

Last edited:
Sassuolo/Napoli -17:30

Milan/Udinese
Atalanta/Crotone
Benevento/Verona
Cagliari/Bologna
Fiorentina/Roma
Genoa/Samp - all at 19:45

Early KO should be decent, we will only see 30 minutes though.

Milan should win, but I’m convinced they are going to slip away at some point.

Cagliari look set for relegation unless they win.

Some big results tonight, Milan get a 98th minute equaliser to draw with Udinese (no surprise).

As I said

Atalanta win 5-1 and are 3 points behind Milan in second, Roma won 2–1 in the dying seconds to go 5 points behind Milan.

Huge win for Cagliari (1-0) take them out the relegation zone, but Torino have two games in hand.

6 points separate Lazio/Napoli in 7th/6th and Juve in 3rd, the former two have a game in hand.

Very exciting CL battle going on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back