Official Serie A thread 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time I saw that replay type for the ball to Mertens. They show the line and then a close up of Insigne in the corner to show that it's at the moment when he gives the pass.

Round 33 this weekend and have three games today. However I can't really dress it up any other way than say that any of them are of great consequence to be honest. Curiously enough, all opponents sit next to each other in the table.

The afternoon game is Genoa hosting Spezia. Both sides sit next to each other in the bottom half, 14th and 15th respectively and on 33 points - so we should probably expect a tight game here. Spezia got a surprise draw at home to Inter midweek whilst Genoa were hosting Benevento in a 2-2 draw. Interestingly, Genoa have drawn their last 5 home games.

Early evening we have Parma facing Crotone aka the "Derby di non voglio finire ultima"*. It's been looking grim for both sides for a while but a win for Parma would finally condemn their visitors to Serie B whilst giving themselves a stay of execution.

In the late game, Sassualo are at home to Sampdoria. Both sides 8th and 9th respectively and on course for top half finishes. The home side have more or less cemented 8th place, however there may be an outside chance if Europa League football should Roma happen to win the EL and with Atalanta and Juventus to contest the Coppa in a few weeks time. They come into this game on the back of three wins on the bounce, including a win away to Milan in midweek. Samp also come here with three wins in their last five and picking up a win here will put them in a strong position for that top half finish.

Today's games;

Genoa v Spezia 2pm
Parma v Crotone 5pm
Sassuolo v Sampdoria 7.45pm

*forgive me if my Italian is not on point :shh:

Last edited:
Think it’s safe to say Simy will be elsewhere next season, if they get relegated or not!. The later game could be a cracking match, Europe is out of reach but will still be good.

4-3 Crotone, Simy gets his 19th of the season.

End to end stuff In the Samp game as you’d expect, post has been hit and keepers making some good saves.

Saturday's results;

Genoa 2-0 Spezia
Parma 3-4 Crotone
Sassuolo 1-0 Sampdoria

For the second time in seven days Parma find themselves on the wrong end of a seven-goal thriller at home as they lose to bottom placed Crotone.

Sunday sees five games taking place. First up is Benevento playing host to Udinese in the early game. Benevento currently sitting three points off the relegation zone so a win here would be quite handy. Both sides coming into this having won only once in their last five - Udinese losing 4 of those.

The two afternoon games see Fiorentina play Juventus and Inter welcome Verona to the San Siro. La Viola could do with with a win here to help keep their distance from the drop zone but Ibrox will be looking to strengthen their CL prospects. Inter have somewhat faltered in their last two games with a couple of draws. However they have won their last five at home whilst Verona won only one of their last five.

For the early evening, we have Cagliari playing at home to Roma. Cagliari have seen something of a revival lately, winning their last two and giving themselves a fighting chance of survival. Roma, on the other hand, are a bit fragile of late having lost at Torino last weekend and despite getting the draw, were outclassed by Atalanta in midweek.

Roma's midweek opponents Atalanta play host to Bologna in the evening game. The home side have won four of the last five and really should have won easily at the Olimpico on Wednesday. Bologna are looking to continue their push into the top 10.

Sunday's fixtures;

Benevento v Udinese 11.30am
Fiorentina v Juventus 2pm
Inter v Verona 2pm
Cagliari v Roma 5pm
Atalanta v Bologna 7.45pm

Looks like a decent game, I was dragged to the dump by my da.

Fiorentina/Juve looks a good game, but Inter playing at the same time.

Decisions.

2-1 Juve and 2-0 Inter.

If Vlahovic had a hard of pace to get in behind, like that chance he had earlier than he’d be unstoppable.

1-0 Fiorentina, Vlahovic gets his 17th of the season and is the first player under 22 to do this since Mirko Vucinic 16/17 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back