20 years ago today

BroomloanWATP

Official Ticketer
Screenshot-20220504-095413-Brave.png

We were in the front row, right where Lovenkrands ran to when he scored. The one and only time I have been happy to be in the front row in the West Stand.

last game i attended with both my dad and uncle together, ill health stopped my uncle going after that.

An amazing day and game, we were easily the better team through most of the game. We even had a penalty claim just before lovenkrands scored.

One of my go-to games when I’m drunk.

The day Barry properly announced himself as a captain. I can imagine the heart palpitations in the stand when Amo lost the ball from that short free kick :))

Do other players have finals named after them?

The Lovenkrands final is this one, Laudrup final 5-1 v Hearts...

I was working the bar in the Lusset that day, went in wearing the full suit, shirt and Rangers tie. When Lovenkrands scored that goal I was hauled over the bar and the champagne flowed for the rest of the day, shift was terminated early :))

How long did that header take to reach the net, unforgettable day.
I’ve told this story a few times on here. My mate took a deep breath as Lovenkrands headered the ball, he then fainted as chaos ensued all around him. A steward is over trying to tell us our mate has collapsed but that’s lost in the carnage as bodies fly everywhere. :D

I read someone on here say Barry Ferguson wasn't as good as a lot of people say he was, I agree with that TBF, he was better.
Barry Ferguson was quite simply was one of the greatest midfield players I’ve seen for either side of the old firm in my40odd years watching Rangers. And the fact he was from Hamilton and one of us made it all the better for me. Not the smartest but what a player- to suggest otherwise is churlish

Probably the best moment of my life
Me too (other than the birth of my children.....because that's what you are supposed to say, yeah? :)))

Literally the single greatest moment of my life, the feeling of euphoria will never leave me. Usually real life memories of goals are displaced by TV footage over the years. Not that one, if I shut my eyes I can still see the ball coming over from Neil McCann in slow motion from my vantage point in the North Stand, and that split second before all hell broke loose. What a moment.

(One of the other goals that I remember as if it was yesterday was Super Allys goal at the piggery in the 1998 cup final. Those images will probably be flashing before my eyes in my last moments. Great times)

Me too (other than the birth of my children.....because that's what you are supposed to say, yeah? :)))

Literally the single greatest moment of my life, the feeling of euphoria will never leave me. Usually real life memories of goals are displaced by TV footage over the years. Not that one, if I shut my eyes I can still see the ball coming over from Neil McCann in slow motion from my vantage point in the North Stand, and that split second before all hell broke loose. What a moment.

(One of the other goals that I remember as if it was yesterday was Super Allys goal at the piggery in the 1998 cup final. Those images will probably be flashing before my eyes in my last moments. Great times)
I was in the North Stand too. Could tell it was in before those behind the goal could. I was right Next to them. They were pretty much all gone by the time I stopped celebrating. Two rows down from where I started

Brilliant final, the party went on and on for days.
Couldnae join in though, MrsRab was due to deliver, had to head straight home, only had two pints, & baby Fay was born the next day. Spent the first 45 minutes of her life telling her about the final, the Rangers and her heritage while Mrs Rab was attended to.
Twenty today, says her best ever birthday was her 10th, at Ibrox, got birthday wishes read out on the tannoy.
Memories.............!

Was there.
Was not drunk.
But have absolutely zero recollection of this game except for Ferguson’s free kick.
And it pisses me off no end.

My 1st cup final at 8 years old, what an experience.

Barry was always my hero growing up, he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and just decided we weren’t losing that.

Back