• Ricksen

• De boer

• Fergie

• McCann

• Lovenkrands

• Cannigia

• Arveladze

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I would give for someone like Fergie in the centre of the park for us now.

Definitely mate and a Moore, Amoruso, Numan, De Boer, McCann, Caniggia etc.

Fergie was the standout, but we'd a far better quality of player all over the park back then.

Fergie followed by McCann imo.
MOTM was Barry no question but Neil McCann was a hell of a player. Both Balde and Fatson should have been sent off certainly based on football now but even then in my opinion. When you watch that the scum were like the crazy gang big physical and hard but very limited football wise aside from Larson who was dreadful in that final.

Ferguson was magnificent all match.

Watching it back last night, for all the Maurice Ross is something of a figure of fun - he was where he was meant to before the majority of incident in that match and had a decent game with a few good crosses into the box as well.

Only one winner - Ferguson.
There were, however, a number of outstanding performances with Neil McCann being one of them. Thought the much maligned Maurice Ross did himself proud that day

Has to be Ferguson. Must be up there with the greatest cup final performance from a Rangers captain. Think Hoggy on H&H mentions it numerous times. When they go 2-1 up, he takes the game by the scruff of the neck, and says "we are not f**king losing this" and drives us to victory

I’m one of the 83% who voted for Fergie. He was absolutely immense that day and his stunning free kick was ‘Roy of the Rovers’ stuff. He also hit the post with a stunning Exocet from around 30 yards.
That was some team we had then, and to go on to win the treble the following year was some achievement given the quality in the Celtic team at that time.

Ferguson by quite some way. How Hartson, Balde and Amoruso stayed on the park beggars belief. Balde for a few assaults, Hartson 2 red card challenges and Amo for persistent fouling.
Agree on all your points.

As an aside, Amoruso struggled to contain the threat of Balde, was at fault for both goals and yet 8 posters voted him MOM :)

Fergie then McCann.

Ryan Kent should be sent a copy of that game and told to watch it over and over during lockdown, telling him that’s what we are looking for from you regularly.

Amoruso got out jumped at both goals and nearly cost us trying to dribble out from the back with miles of open ground behind him.He had a bit of a clanger that day.
Will need to watch their 2 goals again. Can't remember Amos' involvement at the first but, from memory, or my blue tinted specs, the 2nd is a foul by that big bassa on Amo, the kind that he used to get away with regularly

Fergie by a mile.

Just about to watch 1986 Skol Cup Final on youtube, if memory serves my correctly Derek Ferguson was MOTM in that one! :))

Without a doubt it was Barry Ferguson. Ran the show that day and never gave them a minutes peace.

Difficult to choose as about 5 or 6 contenders but, Ferguson for me. McCann's attitude and ethos that day were superb, Amo and Craig Moore barely put a foot wrong, neither did a young Mo Ross. Fernando put in a great shift. Lovenkrands scored 2 great goals and gave sutton and mjallby a torrid time but, Barry Ferguson was sublime
One thing I noticed was early on Numan misjudged a McCann run and put the ball out of play. McCann roasted him- compare and contrast that mentality with recent years and wonder why we are still coming up short

One thing I noticed was early on Numan misjudged a McCann run and put the ball out of play. McCann roasted him- compare and contrast that mentality with recent years and wonder why we are still coming up short
Think other than the goals,that's what I remember most about the game. You could see then that there was an incredible will to win from wee McCann

Barry by a mile, would put it up there as one of the best performances by a rangers captain

Back