2002 scottish cup final v them

Wonder how many would have been out of a job on Monday or arrested through the week if people were on social media like these days. The easily offended would have been in their element.

I'm going to put forward a motion to parliament for the banning of mobiles on match day. If its urgent you can be got hold of, with a good old fashioned stadium announcement.

The song that on now.... I always associate it with this day. I’d have it on any rangers songs playlist. I must’ve watched this end of coverage montage 1000 times.
I am a big fan of The Silencers. Pretty sure their lead singer, Jimmie O’Neill, is one of them however.

I found that very emotional tonight. Sad for what we are all missing. Sad for what happened to us thanks to murray and the rest. Sad that I was 18 years younger and didn’t make more of my life when I could have.

Still, it was a day to remember I was in the then Eagle Lodge in the Briggs. Slid across the floor on my knees as that went in and I think someone set a fire extinguisher off in the pub. One bloody marvellous day. WATP.

Watched that in louden kp with my wife and her dad davie, was a party day with nibs in all day with the tunes and passing out union and NI flags. The bar staff that day were second to none, the evening a joy thanks to rab and alice. A lot of memories remembered tonight, cheers, going for another beer.

I found that very emotional tonight. Sad for what we are all missing. Sad for what happened to us thanks to murray and the rest. Sad that I was 18 years younger and didn’t make more of my life when I could have.

Still, it was a day to remember I was in the then Eagle Lodge in the Briggs. Slid across the floor on my knees as that went in and I think someone set a fire extinguisher off in the pub. One bloody marvellous day. WATP.
Sad weetam, sure we can all feel a bit like that, but focus on the good times to come.....55

Always boils my piss that when we win a cup at Hampden they never film it so our fans are in the background when we lift the cup. It’s always with empty seats instead :mad:

Wasn’t that empty, loads stayed to give themselves the pain.

“Wave that tricolour wee man. That’s the real cup”

Reactions: VGM
this game underlines the agricultural tactics of the scum under o'neill - in fact, you can see they pioneered the elbow-in-the-face style of hoofball. as the co-commentator - not rob mclean of course - said, rangers played all the football in this match. and the number of dirty diving cheats in that scum team - larsson, that swivel-eyed gimp hartson, balde, the chimp and of course sutton, who was spectacularly bad for our first and third goals. well done, you big classless loser

I feel a bit emotional as well watching it knowing it's never going to be like that again in the stands and the likes what a brave performance from so many that day, Murray ran our club into the ground the cretin. What a day however one of the best

One of my best days follow following the Gers. Great memories.
My best ever moment of Following The Rangers. My throat is sore from screaming when that winner went in earlier. Put to bed at 7pm that night after getting home from Hampden. The memories

Wasn’t that empty, loads stayed to give themselves the pain.

“Wave that tricolour wee man. That’s the real cup”

What possesses them?

“I’ll stand here and show them my scarf. That’ll ruin the moment for the hun bastards”

That was the first celtic game I took my boy too, when that goal went in we all went wild, I turned round and my boy was missing! I started to panic how could I go home to the wife... I've got good news and I've got bad news hen.... It seemed forever then I seen him crowd surfing 10 rows down from me, after I retreived him he was all smiles and till this day he says its the best game he's ever been too...

Brought back great memories, goosebumps at the end with the match highlights and song in background. Great time to be young, no commitments, just out every weekend following the Gers and getting full of it on the way!

Was glorious. Love Moore cementing that horrible rodent Hartson. Payback for all he'd done in the rest of the game. Watched it in Inverness, drive back through Aviemore at 5mph with the loyal tunes on. Met a mentally challenged in a boozer in Aviemore later. Said , aye I heard you and your songs the day. You're lucky I was with my daughter, or I'd have been in yer van. My cousin says to him, you might have got in the van, but you'd never have got out. I'd have done you in! mentally challenged silence. Got in about 5am Sunday, hallucinating!! WATP.

BBC with there usual unbiased commentary with Eric Black ex timothy assistant
What exactly did they do wrong in that commentary. Said it wasnt a penalty with Larsson, said it was a penalty with loverkrands. Best team won.

TV coverage was better. Posted that earlier, no 20 angles looking for a stick to beat the officials with. Was all about the game, the way it should be, not about controversy like we get nowadays.

A very young Allan McGregor getting a medal there. Think I'm right saying he has 3 Scottish Cup winners medals but has never played in a final.
Agree Graeme. Miss those days;)
I can't believe how nervous I was watching that.we all knew the score,we knew there would be a happy ending,but even at my age, you're kicking every ball,hating Lennon and Sutton even more.lump in the throat at the end.cant wait till we do it again for real

Love how the players shouted and argued with each other, need to get that back again.
Too much giving a clap when a teammate passes to you and it's crap.

I can't believe how nervous I was watching that.we all knew the score,we knew there would be a happy ending,but even at my age, you're kicking every ball,hating Lennon and Sutton even more.lump in the throat at the end.cant wait till we do it again for real

It was weird. I’m sitting there thinking ‘shit, we’re gonna score outside the 92minutes’ and thinking of tomorrow’s headlines:D:D

That was 4 SECONDS inside the time:p

Love how the players shouted and argued with each other, need to get that back again.
Too much giving a clap when a teammate passes to you and it's crap.
Player shouts abuse at any of his own players these days and it will be all over social media, followed by the psychologicist with a column on monday saying it's not good for the mental health of the players.

Caught a glimpse of me and a couple of mates on the tv celebrating at full time. Brought back a few good memories

In today’s football, Hartson and Balde would have been red-carded and Thomson, Sutton and Lennon would all have had early yellows. Celtic were thuggish but that was standard practice under O’Neil.
That's these days. The fairies have took over the game. That was a fine raw game of football, with plenty of the ball in play. Not spending half the game watching our delicate flowers of today going down at the first opportunity.

Back