2002 scottish cup final v them

Really enjoyed watching that. Strange how you don't remember a lot of things that happened after all these years. Barry Ferguson's greatest game.How good was he,controlled everything and everyone. Even Maurice Ross looked like one for the future.
One thing really sticks out from watching that game and all games from then was the absence of the sneeky,.snidey dirty,cowardly habit of players deliberately stamping on other players feet and getting away without punishment.A horrible tactic and one that crept into our game and use by all the wee fanny players who are not good enough to tackle fairly. Would like to know when this habit was brought into scotshit football and by whom.Aberdeen would be my guess.Anyone with any ideas.
That Sellick team was as snide as get out. Balde and Hartson elbows, Balde arm round Amoruso's neck, Sutton clocked Lovenkrands off the ball quite near the end. In another final Balde threw Mols to the ground after grabbing him by the neck. Sutton put Caniggia out of the world cup with that tackle. They were brutal on and off the ball and it was no accident that Wibble gathered them together in one team. Look no further.

Last edited:
I watched the game last night - can't believe my stomach was in knots as the clock ticked down!!!!

What a tit????

Still a fantastic feeling when the winner went in.

I had forgotten just how late it was.

A great day out at the time... 18 years ago FFS!.. Ferguson totally bossed the midfield that day and scored a sublime free kick. I had a great view of our second half goals as we were behind the goal in line with the crossbar. His freekick was an absolute peach, right in the side netting top corner. Get in son!!. When that goal went in it was mental.... then when Peter scored THAT winner in the last kick..... well, it was absolute bedlam and I ended up about 5 rows in front of where my seat was. Don’t think my shins have ever recovered

and then to see the scum all making a bee line for the exits in silence was pure magic.

What a day, what a match and what a performance from Ferguson, Lovenkrands and McCann. We had some team that season.

That Sellick team was as snide as get out. Balde and Hartson elbows, Balde arm round Amoruso's neck, Sutton clocked Lovenkrands off the ball quite near the end. In another final Balde threw Mols to the ground after grabbing him by the neck. Sutton put Caniggia out of the world cup with that tackle. They were brutal on and off the ball and it was no accident that Wibble gathered them together in one team. Look no further.
They were dirty bastards sneeky bastards and snidey diving bastards,but in even in those days referees seemed to allow them more leeway than other teams. Even so we had a team of players who were not easily intimidated and could give it back to them. We had better players all over the pitch and no real shitebags in our ranks. It was really enjoyable to gub them that day........and every other day we beat them.

Back