200M Squad

Followbear93

Just did this myself and obviously people will think different but it's not far off what King is saying.
We would need to demand top price for everyone but roughly it looks good, the value of our squad.
Tav 10 Million
Barisic 15-20m
Goldson 10m
Kamara 15 million
Kent 15 million
Morelos 20 million
Roofe 10 million
Aribo 15 million
Jack 6 million
Hagi 3-4 million
Bassey 1-3 million
Helander 3-6 million
Itten 3 million
Katic 3 million
Under million players
Jones
Barker
Stewart
Katic

Not much value becasue of age
Defoe
Arfield
Davis
McGregor
Balogun

youth players

thoughts?

Funnily I did similar earlier.
JT 10
CG 8
BB 25
FH 5
RJ 3
GK 15
JA 20
AM 15
KR 10
CI 4
IH 4
RK 10
CB 3
NK 2
BB 28p

A (conservative) estimate of £135m for our saleable assets.

After this season and hopefully what we achieve , add another £10m to

kamara
Aribo
Kent

we are building something very special

How much we value the squad (and possibly King was including the value of our coaching staff) and how much we’d realistically earn from sales are two different things.

What type of crack do you have to smoke in order to visit?

I like Jack but he's nearly 29 and is injury prone.

Hagi on the other hand has just turned 22 and has more natural ability than most of the players in this seasons UCL.
I don't think we get more than 3 million if Jack was to leave.

That said win the league, go deep in Europe and he goes to the Euro's and Impresses against England and the like. You'd want a decent fee and also puts him in a big shopping window.

If he went to the Euro's and did well, you would then want high 7 figures.
I think the EURO's could be key to the value of our player sales. A good EURO's for Kamara and Barisic and you could add a few extra million and more teams bidding. Helander is about 4th choice for Sweden, so outside an injury crisis I don't see him adding much to his value.

Roofe more than doubled his transfer fee value to us in four months? Hmmm, don’t know about that. Maybe by the end of a goal laden season though.

It’s a very subjective subject as a player is worth what another club are willing to pay
I am sure their are fans of clubs up and down the country that have players they value in wild expectations that someone will pay it

The French one season wonder was valued at £40 million for banging in goals v Hamilton and Motherwell and not one Scottish journalist questioned it

Same with Ajer to Milan for £20 million a player who was loaned to Kilmarnock a couple of seasons back and has failed terribly in Europe just like Eduardo

So why are the likes of Tom Irish questioning what King has said when they sat back and said nothing when mythical valuations were being banded about the mentally challengeds for years without a peep from any single one of them

It’s unlikely to be as high as £200m but even at £100m valuation for this team, that is some turn around from what we paid out. Kent is top at £7m then it dwindled down to the steal of the century Kamara at £50k, and then freebies. That’s superb work by the club. Another year at the club and they will have Champions League experience to add value to them all.

Just did this myself and obviously people will think different but it's not far off what King is saying.
We would need to demand top price for everyone but roughly it looks good, the value of our squad.
Tav 10 Million
Barisic 15-20m
Goldson 10m
Kamara 15 million
Kent 15 million
Morelos 20 million
Roofe 10 million
Aribo 15 million
Jack 6 million
Hagi 3-4 million
Bassey 1-3 million
Helander 3-6 million
Itten 3 million
Katic 3 million
Under million players
Jones
Barker
Stewart
Katic

Not much value becasue of age
Defoe
Arfield
Davis
McGregor
Balogun

youth players

thoughts?
£10m for Tav !!!

At least double that for the best player in the league

I think £125 million to £150 million would be about right at this moment.

Win the league, get to last 16 of EL probably adds another 10 - 20.

Hard to put a value on players! If we were offered 10 million for Tav it would get laughed off
And rightly so I think we should brace ourselves for a few bids for Tav in January. He’s so pivotal to the way we play I think we’d struggle to replace him. I hope we don’t sell Tav especially this season but if say some club offers upwards of £15m it poses the board a serious question.

And rightly so I think we should brace ourselves for a few bids for Tav in January. He’s so pivotal to the way we play I think we’d struggle to replace him. I hope we don’t sell Tav especially this season but if say some club offers upwards of £15m it poses the board a serious question.
There's not a chance we would sell him mate, also no chance he would want to leave. He loves it here and will want to captain the team to the title.

He'll be near impossible to replace

Who in our squad would play EVERY week in the epl?
and at what level (team)
just interested to see thoughts.
Who in our first team wouldn’t get into an EPL team?

Kyle Bartley plays week in week out for Leeds, Sheffield Utd are literally screaming out for a goal scorer and West Brom’s best midfield contains Jake Livermore.

These aren’t the biggest clubs in the EPL, I’ll give you that. But all of these clubs have the money to punt £20 million on a player in January.

Kamara, Aribo and Morelos are are most valuable assets and we shouldn’t be entertaining anything less than £20 mil any of them IMO.

Tavernier would be a perfect fit for Leeds IMO. They’re gonna spend again in Jan.

We have some very good players that are at least mid table EPL level.

There's not a chance we would sell him mate, also no chance he would want to leave. He loves it here and will want to captain the team to the title.

I agree mate and I’m confident the board do as well. My personal opinion at this moment in time would to be to try and cash in and replace the likes of Morelos or Kamara etc. Tav is just to important.

Please explain why a club would be willing to pay more for a 29 year old with one knee than Hagi.

Hes hardly got one knee, if he was he would have far fewer appearances than he’s had. And I don’t know that they wouldn’t, but it’s hardly unreasonable to suggest a club might pay more for one of our key players than a player who isn’t a first pick.

Hes hardly got one knee, if he was he would have far fewer appearances than he’s had. And I don’t know that they wouldn’t, but it’s hardly unreasonable to suggest a club might pay more for one of our key players than a player who isn’t a first pick.
Jack is the type of player that goes under the radar, had he maintained his offensive form of mid/late 2019 until now then there might be valid reason to believe we would sell him for a big fee.

Jack is a player I rate highly so I don't mean to insult him by comparing him to Scott Brown but teams have never come in to buy him for similar reasons.

Hagi on the other hand is 22 and an extremely high potential signing, his transfer value is infinitely higher than Jack's

I’d go with the following, based on fees if selling to English clubs, and taking into account each player’s age, potential, cost price and time of purchase, and injury history:
McLaughlin £1m
Tavernier £12m (yes I know the season he is having, but he’s uncapped and 29)
Barisic £20m
Bassey £1m
Balogun £1m
Goldson £12m
Helander £8m
Katic £1m
Jack £3m
Kamara £20m
Aribo £15m
Hagi £4m
Arfield £1m
Morelos £15m (lack of goals in 2020 brings his value down from his August-December 2019 form)
Kent £20m
Roofe £7m
Itten £3m
Everyone else I’m assuming has no value established yet, is too old to have a sell-on fee, or is pretty much not playing at all.

Jack is the type of player that goes under the radar, had he maintained his offensive form of mid/late 2019 until now then there might be valid reason to believe we would sell him for a big fee.

Jack is a player I rate highly so I don't mean to insult him by comparing him to Scott Brown but teams have never come in to buy him for similar reasons.

Hagi on the other hand is 22 and an extremely high potential signing, his transfer value is infinitely higher than Jack's
Genk took a hit on Hagi when he was sold to us and we signed him for a few million. 22 or not he’s not a first pick at the moment so potential doesn’t mean much because there’s nothing to suggest anyone is going to pay anything more than what we paid at this very moment. I mean we didn’t exactly appear to be fighting with other clubs to bring him here, and I just don’t see clubs offering big money when he’s not establishing himself in an SPL side.

Seeing lots of shouts relating to Tav being unlikely to be sold for any figure north of 10m due to age (which is correct) and then slamming 20m value on Barisic who is only a year younger haha.

If an epl club comes in with an acceptable offer he's off. Same as just about every other league in Europe when epl clubs want players.

This list is what they’re worth to us. People like Tav would be cheaper because of his age. Nobody would pay anything for Davis and McGregor but they’re priceless to us.
McGregor N/A
McLaughlin 400k
Firth 50k
Barisic 12-15m
Bassey 2.5m
Balogun 1.5m
Helander 7m
Goldson 12m
Edmundson 700k
Katic 3m
Patterson 1m
Tav 15m
Davis N/A
Jack 4.5m
Kamara 15m
Aribo 12m (likely be a lot more by the time the season is over)
Arfield 2m
Barker 500k
Kent 15m-20m
Hagi 5m
Jones 600k
Roofe 6.5m
Itten 2.7m
Morelos 15m

Back