2011 league win

How did we all celebrate the last time we won the league on that day at Rugby park 10 years ago and does anyone have any good stories? Personally ended up in Corinthian where El Hadji Diouf was hosting his charity foundation night, ended up in amongst it in one of the rooms upstairs. Edu, Diouf, Bartley, Weiss and a few others all still with their suits and club ties on. They were absolutely loving it. Diouf ended up standing on the bar giving it “Glasgow Rangers champions” still don’t know how I managed to make my work the next day and not get sacked . Cool story and all that!!

I was nightshift and couldnt get it swapped. If I had any idea what was about to happen I'd have phoned in sick.

I remember watching a documentary about Liverpool’s title win last year. The Liverpool players who last won the title before them in 1990, ala Barnes, Rush and McMahon, all said that they didn’t really go overboard on the celebrations as it was almost expected for them to at least challenge for the title every season. Little did they know it would take over 30 years for the club to finally win the league again.

I think it was similar for us in 2011, yes it was a bit different as there was a sentimental attachment to the title as it was Walter’s last season, but on the whole I think the majority of us expected to at least challenge for the title the following season under McCoist, as Smith had left him a strong squad. We celebrated but I don’t think it was anywhere near as wild as say the celebrations were in 1987 after Souness won us the title after a long, barren 9 years.

Left the stadium and we went to a pub in killie for a couple of hours to let the traffic clear.

Carry out, on the bus back home and straight into the boozer. Very sore head the next day but worth it!!

I listened to the game and once we had won I got my friends and drive up to Ibrox and was in the stand to celebrate the players bringing the trophy.

I've got some very blurry pictures of players on the pitch and some videos of us all singing, we ended up being in the stand (SJ I think) which was behind the players so we only saw their backs when the official photos were done.

I've also got a video of a pigeon flying about saying it's the establishment pigeon, can't for the life of me remember what that's about! Lol!

Was at the game with my brother, was going down the stairs to my seat as the first went in and the rest is history.

will never forget that day.

Oh I know mate, we will all enjoy it a bit more :)
Reading your post brings it home that for our younger fans this is a really new and special moment.

Ive been lucky to grow up as a youngster through 9 in a row, then a season ticket holder from 1998. So lucky to have been to and seem so many special moments, title winning seasons, cup wins, European nights.

Some really special moments, the lovenkrands cup final, helicopter Sunday, uefa cup final, Kilmarnock last day, Villarreal away in champions league, even things like beating them in their own stadium are brilliant, the 2-4 mendes game was incredible.

Love every minute of it mate, it’s natural order restoring itself!!

I was at Rugby Park, cpl of beers in car(not driving) and after match, back to Ibrox, watched all the on pitch celebrations and home to the local for a mammoth party.

Was working that day. Just started in the job and couldn't get the day off. Place was dead because it was pissing rain, 5 of us (all bears) sitting listening to it the radio. I'm not comfortable watching us on TV never mind listening to it on the radio.

Was absolutely shitting it before KO. 10 minutes later I was cursing the fact I didn't have beers in the fridge :)) .

Gutted having to sit in work while all my pals were partying. Shift finished, up the road, into the shops for the booze and up to a house party. Had just started going out with my now wife - don't think she was totally chuffed at me dingying her but understood.

Think she has a rough idea what will happen in (hopefully) a few weeks B-D

Didn't get to see the game live but the helicopter flew overhead en-route to Killie - so that kind of made up for missing out I suppose.

Was up for the weekend. Saturday night out in Glasgow and stayed at the Swallow Hotel.

Then minibus to Rugby Park on the Sunday morning. Couple of beers in a pub in Killie, and I remember rushing to get in on time, very glad we did.

We headed back down south on the minibus after the game.

Bus back to our club....drank....sang...drank some more....then headed to word up nightclub.

Not far off what I do most games hahaha

Was in the Killie end, couldn’t get a ticket for our end. Amazing scenes. Got off the bus to Dumbarton at Paisley with mates and got a taxi across to Ibrox to celebrate. Great day. This year will be better.

How did we all celebrate the last time we won the league on that day at Rugby park 10 years ago and does anyone have any good stories? Personally ended up in Corinthian where El Hadji Diouf was hosting his charity foundation night, ended up in amongst it in one of the rooms upstairs. Edu, Diouf, Bartley, Weiss and a few others all still with their suits and club ties on. They were absolutely loving it. Diouf ended up standing on the bar giving it “Glasgow Rangers champions” still don’t know how I managed to make my work the next day and not get sacked . Cool story and all that!!
I was there too. Was there upstairs then went to bamboo then back to Corinthian.

He was also doing the “let’s all do the Lennon” with his hands to his ears.

I was there too. Was there upstairs then went to bamboo then back to Corinthian.

He was also doing the “let’s all do the Lennon” with his hands to his ears.
It was some night, I’m sure that guy Tom Uris was on the piano too and think that may have been hijacked for a sing song

I was working for the club at the time in the Megastore. Someone was on their break and had the game on the radio and would run out to update us on the score. Safe to say we didn’t get much work done in the first 7 minutes. Shop started getting busier and busier with people picking up stuff. Eventfully we closed and made our way into the stadium through the back of the shop to see the players parade the title. An odd lasting memory from the day was after the players left the pitch snd everyone made their way out, I went back to my car in the staff car park and I was stuck for ages due to the thousands of people covering every inch of the stadium footprint. Just stood at my car and soaked it all in. Never would’ve thought then how long it would’ve been until we could celebrate the title again.

Me, my Da & a few others watched it in a packed Louden (Duke St) then jumped in a taxi to the stadium. Ended up steaming that night, obviously, so can't remember much more. B-)

A cracking day we were in The Orange Halls in Springburn then headed over to Ibrox then the party started .

I hadn't really given our last League win & the time factor much thought till I saw this I suppose it will undoubtedly make this Season all the more sweeter when it's done & dusted given all that's gone on the last decade.

Like everyone else we've witnessed some amazing turnarounds the last 18 years but this one will be something else and Incomparable to anything that's went before.

I can’t remember what I did after but I recall us being 3-0 up and I rang my granda saying I’m driving over to watch the rest with you.

Defintely setting aside time for beer for this one I hope

Great weekend for me , was single at the time and had a date on the Saturday afternoon which turned into an eveining which turned into night then back to mine etc, during this time may mate had text me to say he had two tickets for Rugby Park the next day- result!
Woke up on the Sunday, dropped her off in Dennistoun then drove to pick up my mate in Strathaven and then onto Kilmarnock.
I caught my breath after the first 9 minutes or so( earlier than I did the previous night :cool: ), what a day, headed back up to his for some more celebrations ditched the car and woke up at his the next day trying to catch up on the whole weekend, brilliant!

I was 8 years old, watched my older brother play football while the game was on and then went through to Ibrox to welcome him the champions. This year I’ll be through at Ibrox again to see the champions, but I’ll likely have very vague memories the next morning.

In all seriousness, I don’t know how I will react when we eventually win the league. All I’ve ever really known for Rangers is abject failure or ever so near stories. To see us actually win something, and win it comfortably will be special. The only downside is we won’t be in the stadium to see it.

I was only 9 so way too young for any proper celebrations back then but watched it on TV before going to Ibrox to welcome the team back. Think when I got home I had a kick about in the garden trying to be big Lafferty

Safe to say 55 will be a different story B-)

I was 8 years old, watched my older brother play football while the game was on and then went through to Ibrox to welcome him the champions. This year I’ll be through at Ibrox again to see the champions, but I’ll likely have very vague memories the next morning.

In all seriousness, I don’t know how I will react when we eventually win the league. All I’ve ever really known for Rangers is abject failure or ever so near stories. To see us actually win something, and win it comfortably will be special. The only downside is we won’t be in the stadium to see it.
This is what this league win is all about.

Came into town to watch it in a boozer. The bouncer who’s face just screamed mentally challenged decided it was too busy and wouldn’t let anyone else in. Watched the start of it through the window and celebrated Lafferty’s goal in front of the prick like I’d scored it myself

Watched it with other bears and wives at my pals house up the road from me in Inverkip. Walked home smashed waving a Union Jack and singing all the way home, about 1 minute walk.

rugby park. Some day, the way we blitzed them in the first 7 minutes meant it was party time from the start.

didn’t think it would be the last for 10 years...

I remember watching a documentary about Liverpool’s title win last year. The Liverpool players who last won the title before them in 1990, ala Barnes, Rush and McMahon, all said that they didn’t really go overboard on the celebrations as it was almost expected for them to at least challenge for the title every season. Little did they know it would take over 30 years for the club to finally win the league again.

I think it was similar for us in 2011, yes it was a bit different as there was a sentimental attachment to the title as it was Walter’s last season, but on the whole I think the majority of us expected to at least challenge for the title the following season under McCoist, as Smith had left him a strong squad. We celebrated but I don’t think it was anywhere near as wild as say the celebrations were in 1987 after Souness won us the title after a long, barren 9 years.

I agree with this.

I was playing football that day in a game where my team needed victory to win the league. Tbh I was more 'worried' about that, than I was about our game at Rugby Park. We had a team of absolute winners and you just knew we were going to hammer them.

As it was, I got leathered anyway as we toasted two league wins on the same day :)

Travelled to the game from st Andrews, drinking all the way down. Party bus back to Ibrox to greet the team then headed back up the road. Ended up dancing on the pool table in the station bar, cupar. Had to travel to northern Ireland the next day. So hungover the next day I thought I was going to die. Already booked the day off for the Monday after we win it this time

Watched it in a local pub, then jumped on the train into town on the way to Ibrox. Will never forget the train doors opening at Bellgrove and a train full of bears giving it laldy to the distraught tims on the platform.

At rugby park with @hunter1rfc and a load of others from our bus. Minibus was bouncing on the way back. Went to the pub for ages after it and somehow made my work the next day. I was probably still reeking of drink the next day.

Watched it in the much-missed White Bear in Clerkenwell. Took an Aussie mate (whom I’d also taken to the Cock Tavern for the Dundee United game on the day of Operation Tango - wee man was a lucky charm).

He arrived about 25 mins before the game started and I got him a beer He’d literally just managed to fight his way to the bar for his round as the game kicked off... I never saw that pint. Up in the air it went as the place erupted. After a couple of minutes he’s composed himself, dried off a bit and braves ordering another two pints, turned round... boom... Naismith score and up in the air they went again :)) He hadn’t even managed to order the next try when Lafferty scored again.

Brilliant day out, I ended it sleeping on the sofa in my office (almost exactly 100 paces away) as I simply could not possibly have made it home in one piece.

He’s now back in Melbourne and has promised me that he’ll be looking for a bar to watch the game in if we have another title decider this year.

Watched the game in the florida park bar, we had wrapped up the league before I managed to get the first pints back to the table. What a glorious day.

We jumped a taxi to Ibrox straight after the game and celebrated with the players inside the stadium. I only wish we could do the same again this year.

Watched it in the Royal Bar in Helensburgh then about 20 of us got the train to Ibrox at full time.

Bus back after game, pub to closing with the tunes on all night back to a house party and missed work on the Monday as I was still celebrating :))

Travelled to the game from st Andrews, drinking all the way down. Party bus back to Ibrox to greet the team then headed back up the road. Ended up dancing on the pool table in the station bar, cupar. Had to travel to northern Ireland the next day. So hungover the next day I thought I was going to die. Already booked the day off for the Monday after we win it this time
I take it you were stationed at Leuchars?. My daughter was a steward there in 2011.

Back