2011 league win

I was at Rugby Park. IIRC it was an early (12;30?) ko, as our bus left early we wandered around and went in early. Hoped to get a couple of celebratory pints in before heading back, but they decided the bus would leave sharp to go to Ibrox. Ended up getting off at our usual destination and went home. I would have been like the 1990 Liverpool players mentioned, too used to winning and thought it would happen again soon.
55 will be like 1975 or 1986 again for me.

Had just turned 18 in the April went home and away most games that season, managed to get me and my 2 mates tickets straight from Killie ticket office (couldn't believe how easy it was) we were in the small section in the Frank Beattie stand, we were coming down the stairs when the 1st went in! What a day, now I'm married and twins due in April hopefully the league will be wrapped up by then

Was at the game. Had some scoop on the bus down and smoked a few joints waiting on everyone getting back to the bus. Back to Airdrie via Ibrox and the bus was bouncing. Pub for a few. Ended up back in the house singing penny arcade in the buff. The bird at the time wasn’t happy as she was working the next day.

Was at the game,legs ended up in tatters banging them of the seats as we celebrated.

left Rugby Park and went to Ibrox for another party then back to my mates for another party

didnt make work the following day because i was still completely pished and got a reprimand on my return on the tuesday

Whilst the first 3 goals were being scored I was in a chapel (absolutely and incredibly true).

On a pre-booked short break to the borders from up north Mrs Jaws wanted to visit Traquair House and we were actually inside the Chapel as the early goals were flying in.

As soon as we got out of the chapel I switched the radio on a bag of nerves wondering how the early stages had gone. Couldn't believe it on discovering we were 3 to the good after the first 7 minutes. Said to Mrs. Jaws that no-one will be lieve that I was in a chapel as we effectively secured the title.

Ended up buying some ales from their brewery and had a quaff watching the highlights on the telly.

Strange but true.

Last edited:
13 at the time and watched it in the house, what a buzz it was man, elation mixed with hilarity at how mental it was scoring 3 in 7 minutes

Watched it with Campbeltown Loyal. Certain I was in a section off bit of the Home Stand?

Guess he doesn’t post on here anymore?

I was 13 and grew up in the Highlands. Drove down the road with my folks once the game was over. Great memories, but this year will be even better as I can actually celebrate with bevy B-D

Woke up on the Sunday, hungover at a party in Airdrie, drove to Shawlands and missed the first goal or two :mad:

Watched the rest of the game, got blootered and stayed out and went to The Shed.

I worked in Denny so on Monday morning I had to get up at 5.30am, walk back into Shawlands (where my car had been parked in a rush to get to the pub the day before) and it was out of fuel as I was parked on a slope!

Walked to the petrol station, got a tank of petrol and got to work where I sat at my desk and did fu.ck all.

Great times!

Watched it in a heaving Auctioneers, showered in beer and other assorted beverages as the goals flew in.
Is that a Rangers boozer? I tend to stay local in The Quarry so you know it’s all your own. Not a fan of being in town in mixed pubs where the footy is concerned.

I worked in KFC in at the time and the Rangers hating managers ignored my request for the day off and put me in for an afternoon shift. I managed to swap for the evening but it meant I could not fully celebrate until after and I finished late.

I was right out after my shift that night but nothing mental. If I recall correctly, I was tired from working.

I'll be sure to do it properly the next time.

At the game. Tesco at the bus park decided to put the unsold bottles of Kate and Wills Champagne on special!

Back to the Busby Masonic and then the shed. I walked home to woodlands. Was it a bank holiday? I don’t remember working the next day.

Last edited:
At the game. Tesco at the bud park decided to put the unsold bottles of Kate and Wills Champagne on special!

Back to the Busby Masonic and then the shed. I walked home to woodlands. Was it a bank holiday? I don’t remember working the next day.
Don’t think so... tannadice 2 years earlier fell on the end of may bank holiday though

Watched game in my house, my mates were going to the Quaich in Shawlands. After 11 minutes I phoned my wife (visiting my daughter) told her to come at ht to take me to the Quaich.
My mate said we were 2 up before he got served !

In my Mates house , took the Monday Tuesday off , had to phone in sick on the Wednesday , was it pissing down tht day aswell ?

Is that a Rangers boozer? I tend to stay local in The Quarry so you know it’s all your own. Not a fan of being in town in mixed pubs where the footy is concerned.
Auctioneers, like the Toby Jug is very bear friendly. I’ve only been once, Braga away game with some mates & it was brilliant. Probably the best European game I’ve watched in a boozer.

Bar staff were all brand new.

I went to the game on the bus with the troops then back to the house for a party, the highlight being constantly phoning the celtic supporters association and a certain member of the new livi RSC asking for "Gerry" in a very faint voice and when the reptile asked "who I can't hear you" he would blow a whistle down the phone!

I can't believe it's been that long! Here's to 55

I barely remember it tbh. I had just turned 12 in April and I can only vividly remember the final game of the season and Jelavic's goal a few months earlier in the League Cup Final. I'm turning 22 in April so this will be my first chance at celebrating a title win. I was just about nearing the end of Primary 7 the last time we won a league title and the last time we won a Scottish Cup I was 9.

I'm just praying that lockdown restrictions are eased enough for pubs to be open by the time we win the title. I'll be gutted not to be able to go and get absolutely blootered with fellow fans. Celebrating our biggest title win ever in the house sounds fucking dire.

Travelled from Greenock up to Glasgow and watched at Bar budda. Was very Rangers minded with staff and customers celebrating the goals alike. From memory a lot of the pubs were only showing Rangers or Celtic game not both as likely wanted to avoid trouble. Went to Nicos at full time was all dejected tims and Lennon giving speech on microphone on pitch.Boosted from there bite to eat and up to Ibrox to celebrate with team. Head down the road and head out and have a good swally.Brilliant day.

Last edited:
I barely remember it tbh. I had just turned 12 in April and I can only vividly remember the final game of the season and Jelavic's goal a few months earlier in the League Cup Final. I'm turning 22 in April so this will be my first chance at celebrating a title win. I was just about nearing the end of Primary 7 the last time we won a league title and the last time we won a Scottish Cup I was 9.

I'm just praying that lockdown restrictions are eased enough for pubs to be open by the time we win the title. I'll be gutted not to be able to go and get absolutely blootered with fellow fans. Celebrating our biggest title win ever in the house sounds fucking dire.
Doesn’t matter if pubs are open mate George square will be absolutely mobbed , get yourself there with your pals

in 2011 I was at Rugby Park. Went back to the Murray bar in East Kilbride , led a conga through the lounge outside round to the bar through the bar and back into the lounge, happy days. Sing song in there, back to my mates house, then finished the night in loyalist plush.

I cannot wait for this seasons party

Back