Archive 2021/22 Official Bundesliga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping BT are playing the long game on this and hoping that a lack of interest from other broadcasters might bring the price down. Having said that I'm expecting it to go to Premier, which for me will mean another Sports subscription!

Reactions: VGM
I Noticed earlier that BT are showing Porto vs Belenenses on Sunday from the Portuguese Premiera league.

I assume this means that they have the rights for the Premiera for the coming season which would pretty much rule out any late renewal of the Bundesliga rights.

Pretty poor stuff from BT to give up Bundesliga and replace it with a league which was free to air across Freesport and Live Score last season.

Not long to go until the first game now. I wonder if the season will now start with the rights unsold!

So the rumour of the Sky getting the rights were true then

But no mention of Bundesliga 2 game coverage?

I’m not sure it’s that good to be honest. 2 matches first weekend - BT would have had 4. No mention of Bundesliga 2 but that was never likely to be that good with no Monday night matches and the new Saturday night match, best to hope for there would have been one match every week at Friday 530 uk time really.

I liked it on BT especially the Friday night matches. Good that it’s still on TV.

BT is becoming worse value every season. The only thing I will watch on it now is our European games and the odd PL game.
BT Sport was only created to increase broadband numbers, they have obviously plateaued, so BT no longer need BT Sport.

Hope this is true about sky. Already subscribed for our games and quite enjoy the Bundesliga. Loads of exciting young players

It won’t have anywhere near as many live matches as Premier have for La Liga. Like when sky got Nrl again, they don’t show many live matches - Premier showed them all nigh on. They get bad press but Premier do show much more live stuff when they get these deals compared to sky really.

It won’t have anywhere near as many live matches as Premier have for La Liga. Like when sky got Nrl again, they don’t show many live matches - Premier showed them all nigh on. They get bad press but Premier do show much more live stuff when they get these deals compared to sky really.
Going by the article some games on online and even on their Youtube channel

But that is the problem since the way they have done the channel line up and fitting in around other deals

Premier probably show more if they got the rights

Just binned Sky Sports as well.

The quality has been dwindling for years and by the sounds of it this deal isn't as good as the BT one in terms of content output.

Expect the prices to go with they bastards as a direct result.

Going by the article some games on online and even on their Youtube channel

But that is the problem since the way they have done the channel line up and fitting in around other deals

Premier probably show more if they got the rights
Yeah, BT would definitely have had 4 on live the first weekend. To be fair a fair few games in Bundesliga clash with the blackout - why Bundesliga 2 is a good option, especially with so many big Clubs in it this season - the Saturday night matches that are fixed for the opening part of the season feature huge Clubs. Premier show all kinds of la liga stuff, from analysis to previews and a weekly highlights of Segunda. They did similar when they had NRL.

A deal has been signed for Serie A according to James Horncastle. To be announced shortly. Rumours are that BT are getting it.
I want Horncastle to have his own show drinking Nespresso in an Italian cafe.

pretty happy with that - hopefully sunday night / saturday night games as frankly i will watch any football :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back