2021 Concacaf Gold Cup - Rangers related

Coatbridge Chancellor

Just noticed that this tournament runs from 10 July to 1 August 2021.

Both Scott Arfield (Canada) and Kemar Roofe (Jamaica) are named in preliminary squads, although both are 60 man squads that will be reduced to 23 by July 1.

If both make the cut, they will miss a good bit of pre season + the opening games.

All dependent on how far each country goes and if both travel of course.

Both Scott Arfield (Canada) and Kemar Roofe (Jamaica) are named in preliminary squads, although both are 60 man squads that will be reduced to 23 by July 1.

If both make the cut, they will miss a good bit of pre season + the opening games.

Am I right in saying that Roofe is banned for the first 4 CL games anyway.

I think it’s safe to say that neither them will actually be there. Arfield has semi-retired from Canada and Roofe still hasn’t fully committed to Jamaica yet.

Well that's not great news at all. No doubt in my mind Roofe will end up coming back injured as well.

Canada actually has a decent team. Arfield, Davies and David

Update: neither are named in the 23 man squads, as I assume we've asked them not to go. So both available for pre season.

Arfield has informally stepped back from international duty to focus on his Rangers career.

Roofe, I think would still like to be capped by England

Back