2021 POTY Awards On RTV.

I think this should have been given so ST holders and RTV subscribers free of charge as a gesture of good will, but at the same time 7.99 is not an astronomical price.
If you want to pay it, pay it. If not then don't. Simple.

Lost so much match revenue this year a wont grumble about the content we get for free.. could be worse atleast we don't just promote ex players birthdays lol

Have paid my ST for next season,also my MyGers,so ain't paying for nowt else as the club are looking for us to fund more and more e.g. Champions Wall,I also play the Gers Lottery/Pools.
Like others having paid for this season's ticket without hesitation I would expect that myself and the thousands of others who,did also,could have been given this for free.

bad they are having it on monday the day pubs are open as im going out monday hope they show the full replay off it later on rangerstv hope davis & patterson win they awards

I could understand the frustration if it was £25 or £30 to watch a live stream but I can’t believe the amount of people that are moaning about the £7.99 fee.

A lot of our supporters need to get a grip with the amount of moaning they do.
People are allowed an opinion if they have put do much into the club. People have been through a pandemic and lost income. Loyalty goes both ways. And those that can afford it, shouldn't lecture those that can't. It's a fair argued point.

People are allowed an opinion if they have put do much into the club. People have been through a pandemic and lost income. Loyalty goes both ways. And those that can afford it, shouldn't lecture those that can't. It's a fair argued point.
I want a new BMW MK4
I can't afford it truth being told.
Can you tell Douglas Park to stop teasing me selling those fuckers

People forget that the club aren’t the only business/people to lose income during a global pandemic. Just seems all a bit one way with the club at the moment.

What is enough?
We draw QOS and you'll be moaning about a free ticket for a game with a 28k attendance normally
More drivel with nothing to base your assumption on

a look at the reaction to the tweet from our fans would suggest I’m not the only person that thinks this is a cheek charging ST holders for this

Whats Kent got to do with this

Help my confusion
You and me both..

giphy.gif

Motherwell aren’t running a multi million pound business in the middle of a pandemic though
If we cant afford to trasmit a 7.99 game fre to ST holders that have paid hundreds of pounds to watch games on the tv during the season then we have problems. Not that I think we do btw.
Also its all relative. 4500 STs to Motherwell is a lot of money to them

Great idea by the club but agree that it would have been a nice gesture to give it free to season ticket holders.

Should be a good turnout/money maker but they need to throw the loyal fans a bone every now and then (and I'm not a season tix holder)

It’s not a fair point.

We’re currently running on soft loans from our directors and the money we put into the club helped the players and management give us a season we’ll never forget.

The club is progressing on and off the park and ive never been happier with how things are going yet an unbelievable amount of our fans are greeting about £7.99 to watch the player of the year do.

If you want to pay it, pay it. If not then don't.

If you want to see people bemoan the cost after the fans emptying their pockets to the club this season, read threads on here. If not, dont.

mate

A business man or investor with no emotional attachment sells Kent and Morelos
We don't lose a penny , but don't win the league.

Next year we lose 20m unless we qualify for Champions league.

Just can't understand the bile for an optional 8quid event.

A businessman with no emotional attachment doesn’t come near Ibrox. We’d have Ashley as chairman and producing t-shirts to celebrate finishing in the top 4.

It’s not a fair point.

We’re currently running on soft loans from our directors and the money we put into the club helped the players and management give us a season we’ll never forget.

The club is progressing on and off the park and ive never been happier with how things are going yet an unbelievable amount of our fans are greeting about £7.99 to watch the player of the year do.
Not greeting about it. Would have been a nice touch from the club. Wont buy it. Its a choice

You're missing the point I'm making completely. I don't expect them to lose that every year, but King, Park and every investor who got involved knew what they were getting involved with until we got back on top, from now on there's no need for them to be losing that money.

I'm not saying we should get free tickets to games or to an actual player of the year award, but £7.99 for a live stream? You'll be lucky if you get anywhere near 10k fans buying it.
It’s a tough 1, but if we get 10k fans watching this, that gives us a profit on the event of around 60k. Put another way, it covers about a day and a halfs losses (we currently lose 350k per week). We simply cannot burn through money like this in the medium to long term.

Reading some of the posts of people saying season ticket holders were promised value for money when renewing & now people are annoyed at having to pay for a stream of the POTY Awards priced at £7.99. So if the club decided to do what is asked and give it to season ticket holders for free & charge non season ticket holders, has the club fulfilled the 'value for money' part, or will supporters still want more than a £7.99 virtual stream of an award ceremony? Where do they call it quits and its then considered the value for money box has been ticked? Some people want free tickets to Champions League qualifiers, others free Cup game tickets. How does it work for people paying thousands for hospitality against someone paying £450 for a seat in the Broomloan, each to get value for money for what they paid for and didn't get. It's an impossible situation for the club to make sure every single person who bought a season ticket gets value for money. And Motherwell giving away season tickets is commendable, but they were a possibility for relegation for a time this season. I would rather my club took money to buy decent players & give us a chance of winning stuff, than give away season tickets.

How many other businesses are dishing out the free shit folk on here are demanding?

I’ve used my local Tesco all through lockdown. Should I expect free messages? I’ve supported local takeaways during the same. Will they be giving me my kebab for nothing next time?

I don’t understand this clamber for free stuff when we know the financial position the club is in. If you’re not happy with paying for the POTY awards or CL qualifiers - don’t.

As a fan base we really can argue about anything.

We put a shitload of money into the club every year. Season Tickets, MyGers, Rangers TV, Merch, 55 Merch. I can see why some of the support think they are starting to be taken advantage of.

The capacity for the good folk of FollowFollow to find something to complain about in everything and anything to do with the Club never ceases to amaze me.

This event has never been televised live. The Club generally raise many thousands of pounds from selling seats to attend the event at circa £100 a pop. Selling it to watch on RangersTV will help offset the lack of income from those attending the event.

As with everything else, if you don’t think it’s value, or aren’t interested, there’s no compulsion to purchase.

This is usually the position I take.

However, I for purely selfish reasons I think this should have been included in the Unlimited RTV package.

Put it another way - they could have linked it to annual memberships perhaps? Sign up to an annual membership and get access to this event too, would surely make the club more money overall.

Edit. They also need to sort out the website. Everything about the design and the information provided on that page would indicate to the potential customer that it was already included in the other RTV packages.

Last edited:
How many other businesses are dishing out the free shit folk on here are demanding?

I’ve used my local Tesco all through lockdown. Should I expect free messages? I’ve supported local takeaways during the same. Will they be giving me my kebab for nothing next time?

I don’t understand this clamber for free stuff when we know the financial position the club is in. If you’re not happy with paying for the POTY awards or CL qualifiers - don’t.

This is the other side of the logic the owners of the ESL franchises would use. Football fans of club's like ours are more than just "customers of Tesco".

It’s not a fair point.

Those soft loans are just normal business practice to some. Staggering.

Scary that some people don't know how lucky we are with our directors.

Don't even know they are born.

Reading some of the posts of people saying season ticket holders were promised value for money when renewing & now people are annoyed at having to pay for a stream of the POTY Awards priced at £7.99. So if the club decided to do what is asked and give it to season ticket holders for free & charge non season ticket holders, has the club fulfilled the 'value for money' part, or will supporters still want more than a £7.99 virtual stream of an award ceremony? Where do they call it quits and its then considered the value for money box has been ticked? Some people want free tickets to Champions League qualifiers, others free Cup game tickets. How does it work for people paying thousands for hospitality against someone paying £450 for a seat in the Broomloan, each to get value for money for what they paid for and didn't get. It's an impossible situation for the club to make sure every single person who bought a season ticket gets value for money. And Motherwell giving away season tickets is commendable, but they were a possibility for relegation for a time this season. I would rather my club took money to buy decent players & give us a chance of winning stuff, than give away season tickets.

If it was offered to them for nothing they’d just look for something else to whinge about. It’s not even about the cost (it’s £7.99 ffs, not £40), it’s about satisfying their insatiable thirst for misery and negativity.

This is the other side of the logic the owners of the ESL franchises would use. Football fans of club's like ours are more than just "customers of Tesco".

I disagree. The ESL was a ploy to exploit the worldwide support for astronomical profits. These ventures by Rangers are a bid to bring some much needed funds into our club at a time when many revenue streams have been entirely or partly cut off because of a pandemic.

If the club started cutting costs or wasn’t being successful I’m pretty sure it would be the folk moaning for freebies that would be the first to moan again. If people don’t want to spend the whopping £8, then don’t, it’s quite simple.

This is usually the position I take.

However, I for purely selfish reasons I think this should have been included in the Unlimited RTV package.

Put it another way - they could have linked it to annual memberships perhaps? Sign up to an annual membership and get access to this event too, would surely make the club more money overall.

Edit. They also need to sort out the website. Everything about the design and the information provided on that page would indicate to the potential customer that it was already included in the other RTV packages.
Why to Unlimited subscribers but not to ST holders would then be the cry. It’s £7.99. It’s optional. And it gives us the opportunity to watch an event in its entirety that most of us will never have seen before.

As an added bonus, the ‘moaners’ will get the chance to whine about the choice of Host - whoever it is - or about rotten speeches etc. It’s a golden opportunity for them and they should embrace it. Well worth their £7.99.;):)

Why to Unlimited subscribers but not to ST holders would then be the cry. It’s £7.99. It’s optional. And it gives us the opportunity to watch an event in its entirety that most of us will never have seen before.

As an added bonus, the ‘moaners’ will get the chance to whine about the choice of Host - whoever it is - or about rotten speeches etc. It’s a golden opportunity for them and they should embrace it. Well worth their £7.99.;):)

You want to see some moaning on Tuesday night? Here's my prediction:

The club (or the company we use to provide fans with RTV coverage) will %^*& something up on the back end and this will end up available to current subscribers. Cue a meltdown on here from those who paid the 8 quid :p

Emma Dodds is the host :)

Wait until Jim White comes out to present it B-)

Because it’s over and above the norm. We usually sell out a hotel full of tables for this event at £100 a head. Live broadcasts aren’t cheap to do reliably either. £8 is reasonable for a nights entertainment imo.
Charging season ticket holders for this is a pisstake. End of.

They’ve individually shelled out hundreds/thousands of pounds this season.
This would’ve been a nice way to say thank you.

Back