2022 plans for lowering pitch.

The stadium needs expansion, there is no two ways about it. There's a growing population, a huge demand for season tickets and if we don't accommodate it then we will restrict the club's growth and future success.

I hate to bring them into it but it's not a coincidence that they started winning stuff once they got more money in from ticket revenues, yes we were poorly run after they rebuilt their stadium but they wouldn't have been in a position to exploit that had they only been getting crowds of 30/40k IMO.

Of course there are problems and of course it'll cost a lot of money (which we don't currently have) but for future generations we must find a way to increase capacity significantly.

The stadium needs expansion, there is no two ways about it. There's a growing population, a huge demand for season tickets and if we don't accommodate it then we will restrict the club's growth and future success.

I hate to bring them into it but it's not a coincidence that they started winning stuff once they got more money in from ticket revenues, yes we were poorly run after they rebuilt their stadium but they wouldn't have been in a position to exploit that had they only been getting crowds of 30/40k IMO.

Of course there are problems and of course it'll cost a lot of money (which we don't currently have) but for future generations we must find a way to increase capacity significantly.

Not disagreeing that it would be nice to increase capacity a bit , but there isn’t a growing population in Scotland . Over the last 40 years it has remained steady , with some dips and some increases . We are on an increase slightly just now ( about 0.9% more than in 1990) but over time our population is steady .

I don't like predicting this but I'm of the opinion that if the team doesn't perform this season then you will hear venom from the stands that you've never heard before.
Let's wait and see before any talk of extending.

Could they not take down the screens and replace them with seats , or we could replace them with deck chairs save on money .

Not disagreeing that it would be nice to increase capacity a bit , but there isn’t a growing population in Scotland . Over the last 40 years it has remained steady , with some dips and some increases . We are on an increase slightly just now ( about 0.9% more than in 1990) but over time our population is steady .

According to the link below, in 1871 Scotland had a population of 3,360,018, last year the population was 5,463,300.

That is significant growth over the lifetime of Rangers. Even with current population, ST & MyGers numbers would suggest there is scope for expansion. I have 4 tickets in my family, I’ve got two young kids that will be looking for (and struggling to get) tickets in the next few years.

According to the link below, in 1871 Scotland had a population of 3,360,018, last year the population was 5,463,300.

That is significant growth over the lifetime of Rangers. Even with current population, ST & MyGers numbers would suggest there is scope for expansion. I have 4 tickets in my family, I’ve got two young kids that will be looking for (and struggling to get) tickets in the next few years.

Your on a different planet if you think Rangers or any club base their stadium capacity on population growth over 100 year period . The fact is it’s been steady for years , we may or may not increase capacity but I assure you that scotlands population has zero bearing on the decision whatsoever . There are cities in Nigeria where the population has increased fivefold in the last twenty years , should they increase stadiums that hold 50,000 to 250,000 ? It doesn’t work that way .

Agreed, and we are developing significant interest in England. We need more options for people who want to travel up 2 or 3 times a season. No reason why we cannot have an even bigger dedicated fan base in rest of UK.

Your on a different planet if you think Rangers or any club base their stadium capacity on population growth over 100 year period . The fact is it’s been steady for years , we may or may not increase capacity but I assure you that scotlands population has zero bearing on the decision whatsoever . There are cities in Nigeria where the population has increased fivefold in the last twenty years , should they increase stadiums that hold 50,000 to 250,000 ? It doesn’t work that way .

How does it work?

With regards to Nigerian population, where did I say there should be a direct correlation between population and stadium capacity?

What I'm saying is that with a growing population, there will be more people who would like to go to football - not saying every new birth, new migrant will want to go to games but there will be a percentage that will and unless we look to accommodate the increasing target market then we won't grow.

I'm not saying that football clubs build stadia based on 100 year demographic projections but unless you think that Rangers wont be around in 100 years or you're happy for there to be limited growth then stadium capacity is something that must be looked at.

Back