2022 RSEA badge (XVI)

I think you should make a limited amount of some of the old ones too, allows people to complete their collections and hurts those profiteering on Ebay.
New badge is belter, few ordered.
Making a limited amount of old ones is not what collection are about.
It would devalue the whole scenario.
Yes profiteering from ebay is wrong but sadly that's life mate.

New badge is belter, few ordered.
Making a limited amount of old ones is not what collection are about.
It would devalue the whole scenario.
Yes profiteering from ebay is wrong but sadly that's life mate.
Agree. Having the full set it’s quite special knowing how rare the older ones are, 2007 and 2008 especially.

No it's not,it's about raising money for Erskine.
FYI I say that as someone with a full set
Yes I agree it's 100% about Erskine.
FYI I fave full set to.
Diluting it won't increase the popularity of collecting the set.
For instance I needed a certain badge and struggled to get it.
A gentleman was getting his hair cut of to raise funds for Erskine.
I made a £100 donation to Erskine for certain badge I needed.

Now I'm sure there are loads and loads of these type of instances.

Keep up the great work Erskine.

Yes I agree it's 100% about Erskine.
FYI I fave full set to.
Diluting it won't increase the popularity of collecting the set.
For instance I needed a certain badge and struggled to get it.
A gentleman was getting his hair cut of to raise funds for Erskine.
I made a £100 donation to Erskine for certain badge I needed.

Now I'm sure there are loads and loads of these type of instances.

Keep up the great work Erskine.
bought mines today, would have happily paid more.

Some people have donated in excess of £100 to Erskine for the older badges

How would they feel if we brought out reboot of the 2007s and 2008s at £4?
Good point, plus they have to stay original. Go down that road and it would be open to, let's just say, the less scrupulous bagde markers out there.

I don’t know, how would they feel?

Probably not that bothered if Erskine continued to benefit

A limited batch could fetch considerably more than £4 at any rate, as the auctions on eBay testify to

Last edited:

My own thoughts are that you do them as special editions. £25 a badge - 4x sales balances out the £100 after all it should be the charity that matters most and as a bonus gives the chancers looking to make a quick buck a bloody nose. A one off opportunity with Pre orders so you know how many you need to make and then call it a day at that.

I am saying this as someone who paid £80 for a 2008 badge for the full collection and still get grief from Mrs BB for it. I am not that anal about having to be a member of a wee club with a full set and it was never an "investment opportunity". I collect them because I like the designs and to support the charity.

I honestly feel sorry for guys that just want the same but are getting priced out of it.

My own thoughts are that you do them as special editions. £25 a badge - 4x sales balances out the £100 after all it should be the charity that matters most and as a bonus gives the chancers looking to make a quick buck a bloody nose. A one off opportunity with Pre orders so you know how many you need to make and then call it a day at that.

I am saying this as someone who paid £80 for a 2008 badge for the full collection and still get grief from Mrs BB for it. I am not that anal about having to be a member of a wee club with a full set and it was never an "investment opportunity". I collect them because I like the designs and to support the charity.

I honestly feel sorry for guys that just want the same but are getting priced out of it.

If it's just the charity that matters as you say

I can provide a link for folk to donate

Aren't we all.

Still think it would be a good idea for them to do a re run of older badges. Yes collectors would moan, but it all about raising money and that would put a few quid in the coffers.

As others have said...even a limited run at say £25 a pop should keep everyone happy)

(I say this as someone who is also missing 2007 and 2008.. I couldn't afford it anyway, but no way would I pay ebay prices to line someone else's pockets)

Last edited:
Bought 6...needed 7 FFS. Managed to get another one to make the 7, thank God, otherwise there is someone being seriously let down, probably me.

Back