21 Years Ago Today Shelbourne 3 Rangers 5 where did you watch it?

In Tranmere, from what I remember. :))
Polis drafted in from all over the North West of England, expecting mayhem.

I went up on my own from Birmingham in the car, so was sober and careful. The reaction from the OB at the end was laughable.
I was standing in the car park, directing our club members to where the bus was parked, when a police Inspector told me to move on, I explained to him what I was doing, when he lifted his baton and screamed at me to”fecking move or else” a bunch of reactionary pricks,

Benidorm, as a pissed up 17 year old out his nut on Sangria. Went out wearing the red top. Watched it in sum scottish themed pub, rite nxt door to an irish themed hovel. Dnt remember getting home. Dnt remember the burd i woke up to (all i kno is she was from craigneuk - ewww).
Remember the game tho, never known so many Shelbourne fans all abroad at the same time in the 'irish' bar.
Good times
The Caledonian next door to Scruffy Murphys.

I was in Blackpool and watched it in Jack's Sports Bar which was owned by an American who used to go off on three day drinking sessions. Not surprisingly the pub only lasted a couple of years!

Watched it in Eastenders bar magaluf , smart ass english bloke asked is that the reserve team Rangers had sent out, was a bit of a nail biter right enough till we got our act together , was never in doubt really :cool:

Sitting at home watching it with a couple of Rangers mates thinking it couldn't get any worse , thank god we turned it round. Little did I know what was in store for us in later year's, but we turned that round, No Surrender. No one likes us we don't care.

I was in the Woodside bar in Hamilton, mixed pub, first half the Celtic side was buzzing second half not so happy, great night.

The New Inn St Andrews.

It was during the Glasgow Fare and Advocat’s first game I think although the game would probably have been on the Wednesday Night.

In the Rosevale in Partick.

When we pulled the second goal back, folk were jumping about and a guy who was raging said it was embarrassing etc. When the equaliser went in, place erupted and someone asked him "is it ok if we celebrate now?" :rolleyes: Cue handbags.......:D

Remember this night well folk nearly boxing at 3 nil

What a day that was, If I remember rightly the Sherbourne team bus got wrecked in the way in some of the players crossing themselves and then the police horse in the pub WATP

I was on holiday with the Mrs and kids in Son Bou, Menorca.

Gathered a few other Bears from the Milanos Pinginos Hotel we stayed at and watched it in the nearby Hawaiian Bar. Watching through the fingers of my hands as each Shelbourne goal went in - in disbelief and in quiet rage!

One gloating Tim in there was giving it large pissing himself laughing at 3-0. :mad: As each Gers goal went in mine and the other Bears roars gradually increased - until the 4th when I yelled in the mentally challengeds face - GET FUCKING IN!!! ..........by the 5th he had gone and I had calmed down and was happy holiday mode again. :p

Watched it in the old William Wallace bar (renamed since) in London just off Marleybone High Street.

Behind the goals with my ex wife. Was her first ever game and I was convinced we would take five or six off them. Didn’t expect to give them three of a start though.

I think thats the first time I've seen the goals in 21 years, watched it live, mental experience

Was on my first lads holiday in Ibiza.

Watched it in the hotel bar of the Poniente while waiting to be picked up to head back to the airport.

3v0 and couldn’t believe it and was getting a hard time off some Irish who were in the bar. By the time the 5th has gone in they’d disappeared.

Watched the match in El Cordobe’s in Benalmadena with the new nike kit on as a 14 year old.

5 of us travelled over for the match, on the Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead ferry!
In a club in Liverpool pre match then a supporters bus, to & from match!
Nightmare picking up our tickets at Tranmere ticket office, got in just in time for KO.
Front row behind goal 1st half soaked!
Ended up near the back row as the goals went in, in the 2nd half!
Think I remember Derek Johnstone in the Rangers end that night??? Or maybe that was at other game!
Anyway a great night had by all!!

Hyde Park Barracks guardroom
Nae luck mate, that first half really needed beer!!! I watched it in the World's End Pub on the King's Road, Chelsea and my abiding memory was of the utter transformation in the team second half. I was so impressed with the 2nd half performance and the obvious impact of wee Dick's substitutions.

Was there. Totally out of it but think I remember a Shelbourne fan falling off the main stand roof??? Also seem to remember leaving the stand through a wee social club and everyone helping themselves to the buffet which was laid out. Or maybe I am just making this up? Can someone corroborate this?
I remember the guy falling off the roof. He must 've been the Michelin man! What an unbelievable game though for first hour we were outplayed. I remember the bus back to Cumbernauld where we kept up a rendition of No 1 platoon for the whole trip home! Big guy on our bus was still raging after the comeback at us being embarrassing etcetera. There were riot cops in our pub and there might have been a horse as well!

Was in the stand behind the goals with the rest of the bears. It might be my memory playing tricks but was there not a bit of crush trying to leave the ground?

Watched in my local in Avoch - for some reason (drink and rage) I didn't realise we had been awarded the penalty for our first goal and went for a pish absolutely furious.

Came back and seen the score - mates just said we got a penalty and you walked out raging!

A bizarre game.
Watched a fair few games in there back in the day if it was the one with a rangers supporting owner with a Celtic supporting missus. Was up that way with work for Villarreal away last season with a fellow bear so suggested we go there as it was a great bar and very welcoming. Was gutted to see it is now a b&b (if same one you are talking about). Ended up in the sports bar in Inverness instead, good night in the end up tbf.

Back