21s vs wrexham, Ibrox, Saturday

Wouldn’t want to contravene any rules then :rolleyes:

So £10 for the game + £5 voucher towards Rangers merchandise. :)

Ach but then there's the Court ruling that we cannot promote the Elite deal.:rolleyes:

Concessions for kids and seniors would have been appropriate though.

Had a closer look and it will be interesting what team Wrexham put out. Their team against St. Mirren included five youth players. With the experience provided by 30 year old keeper Rob Laiton who has league experience with Bury, Burton Albion and Port Vale. Former Premiership youth players now in their mid 20's, Michael Chambers (Crystal Palace) and Devonte Redmond (Man It's). Former Fleetwood Town player Akil Wright and Ben Tollitt who was at Portsmouth. And of course Leighton McIntosh who I mentioned in the previous post.

They could decide to go with a stronger team and call on lots of Football League experience with Mark Carrington (Crewe, MK Don's, Bury), Shaun Pearson (Grimsby), James Jennings (Cambridge, Mansfield, Forrest Green and Cheltenham), Luke Summerfield (Plymouth, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham & Grimsby), Luke Young (Plymouth, Torquay), Bobby Grant (Accrington Stanley, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Blackpool & Fleetwood).

A couple who know the Non League well, in Jake Lawlor and Paul Rutherford. Also former Cardiff player Jazzi Burham-Bobb and Mark Harris who is on loan from the Championship club.

But the player that really caught my eye was their sub keeper from the weekend, Christian Dibble son of nine in a row legend Andy.

Had a closer look and it will be interesting what team Wrexham put out. Their team against St. Mirren included five youth players. With the experience provided by 30 year old keeper Rob Laiton who has league experience with Bury, Burton Albion and Port Vale. Former Premiership youth players now in their mid 20's, Michael Chambers (Crystal Palace) and Devonte Redmond (Man It's). Former Fleetwood Town player Akil Wright and Ben Tollitt who was at Portsmouth. And of course Leighton McIntosh who I mentioned in the previous post.

They could decide to go with a stronger team and call on lots of Football League experience with Mark Carrington (Crewe, MK Don's, Bury), Shaun Pearson (Grimsby), James Jennings (Cambridge, Mansfield, Forrest Green and Cheltenham), Luke Summerfield (Plymouth, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham & Grimsby), Luke Young (Plymouth, Torquay), Bobby Grant (Accrington Stanley, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Blackpool & Fleetwood).

A couple who know the Non League well, in Jake Lawlor and Paul Rutherford. Also former Cardiff player Jazzi Burham-Bobb and Mark Harris who is on loan from the Championship club.

But the player that really caught my eye was their sub keeper from the weekend, Christian Dibble son of nine in a row legend Andy.

Its clearly going to be a very tough tie for the youngsters and, despite their sterling efforts so far, I hope we boost the team where we can. I'm sure Barjonas is still young enough to be considered not to be an over-age player so I'd have him in along with Grezda and one other. I know both Murphy and Docherty have played with this group in earlier rounds. You could argue its the young defenders who would benefit from more 'robustness' in that area but, as with most games, its in midfield that the crucial battles will be fought.

I wonder if Andy Dibble will come along if his son's playing.

They really should charge no more than a fiver for the youngsters. I'd even stretch that to adults too. This game ain't about getting the £11M back.

Unfortunately I live in Engerlund. If I was in Glasgow I'd definitrly give this a shot. Would be spectacular to give the Colts a big support. We are Rangers after all. :)

Don't s'pose it'll be on RTV?

Don't have the live rights to the Challenge Cup

BBC Alba already picked their game and S4C haven't up the option of still having Wrexham, probably due to them cover Azerbaijan v Wales on Saturday evening at 5pm

Tickets sorted, doesn't look to be many more sold since I looked on Friday. Hope they get a decent support.

UB have released the following information saying that they will be in the Sandy Jardine East Corner. You can either phone or directly go in the ticket office. An annoyance considering the wait and cost of buying a ticket from the hotline. Why can’t the club just allow you to buy them online?

Hence why I posted it might their section

One thing I will say at least they providing better information than us

Only bit I see that they’ve published that we haven’t is that all away supporters must buy tickets in advance. I too read it that way but you never know.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/colts-host-wrexham-at-Ibrox/

Only bit I see that they’ve published that we haven’t is that all away supporters must buy tickets in advance. I too read it that way but you never know.

I think that right about them

As to us yes I saw that but how many know tickets have gone on sale for our end since that announcement?

UB have released the following information saying that they will be in the Sandy Jardine East Corner. You can either phone or directly go in the ticket office. An annoyance considering the wait and cost of buying a ticket from the hotline. Why can’t the club just allow you to buy them online?
The club are generally poor at organising stuff like this. This board are no different to previous boards in that respect. Operationally poor - and that sits under Stewart Robertson's remit as MD, in charge of day to day operations.

And if there is no pay at the gate for a youth game then I despair.

I think that right about them

As to us yes I saw that but how many know tickets have gone on sale for our end since that announcement?

We’ve seen little to no advertising of either Challenge Cup games or UEFA Youth League games. I do begin to wonder if it is a conscious strategy. They may want a ‘decent’ crowd and a bit of income - but not expose the kids to the pressure of the ‘big time’ and massive crowds too soon. It’s a debatable strategy if so but I can’t think if another viable explanation.

Tickets ARE for sale online. I assume they mean tickets specifically for the UB section.

We’ve seen little to no advertising of either Challenge Cup games or UEFA Youth League games. I do begin to wonder if it is a conscious strategy. They may want a ‘decent’ crowd and a bit of income - but not expose the kids to the pressure of the ‘big time’ and massive crowds too soon. It’s a debatable strategy if so but I can’t think if another viable explanation.
I think you are being too kind to the club mate :)

The simple explanation is that they are just shite at communication. The young lads are all on record as saying that the like and want the big crowds. The club's comms over the years has generally been very poor. Lack of dynamism and pro-activeness from the boardroom downwards.

Rangers will want to sell tickets first to see how many stands if any they want to open. Wrexham will have a decent crowd at the game hence they will be getting tickets only. It also saves lhurkers from attending due to their friendship with them.

I think you are being too kind to the club mate :)

The simple explanation is that they are just shite at communication. The young lads are all on record as saying that the like and want the big crowds. The club's comms over the years has generally been very poor. Lack of dynamism and pro-activeness from the boardroom downwards.

You might be correct. :confused: However, the extrapolation of that is that they don’t want a shed-load of money. They might be poor at communication but they’re not stupid. Surely?

I'm hoping to go. Great opportunity to see some young bears pit their wits against a different kind of opposition.

Rangers will want to sell tickets first to see how many stands if any they want to open. Wrexham will have a decent crowd at the game hence they will be getting tickets only. It also saves lhurkers from attending due to their friendship with them.
There will definitely be a lot of the unwashed at the game. I know a couple who are planning on going along. Hopefully no trouble..

There will definitely be a lot of the unwashed at the game. I know a couple who are planning on going along. Hopefully no trouble..

They hopefully won't start their shite. They won't be able to get tickets unless it's through Wrexham. Why would you go and pay to watch your rivals. Totally obsessed.

You might be correct. :confused: However, the extrapolation of that is that they don’t want a shed-load of money. They might be poor at communication but they’re not stupid. Surely?
Who knows. But either way they should be communicating, promoting and getting as many fans and families through the doors for this kind of event. Young lads would love it and more money for the coffers. But we never seem to do it the easy way. The club needs to be more pragmatic and constructive. We always seem to be faffing about. Poor leadership and lack of direction as always.

Is this on RTV?
I go out to Tenerife tomorrow as I always book the week of the international break.
If it's on RTV that's my perfect excuse to spend Saturday afternoon in the Ibrox Bar.

They opted for Ibrox and should treat as such and promote as such

If they didn't a large crowd play it at Firhill, was available this weekend and make it all ticket

It is long term nature of our club and simply non basic communication, I hate knocking our club but that is the truth

Just buy for GF7 and walk into UB section.

It’ll be fine.

They opted for Ibrox and should treat as such and promote as such

If they didn't a large crowd play it at Firhill, was available this weekend and make it all ticket

It is long term nature of our and simply non basic communication

To be honest, I’m expecting under 5k - which I still view as excellent for a Colts match v Wrexham - and I did think it would be at Firhill.

Won’t argue on the comms point though.

I seen the youth league games posted plenty on clubs social media, they’ve also been posting about the Wrexham match and a link to buying tickets.

I seen the youth league games posted plenty on clubs social media, they’ve also been posting about the Wrexham match and a link to buying tickets.

Not everybody will sign or use social media that is the problem

A simply article on the club website would help

Just purchased 2 tickets in GF6, looking forward to this.

Almost an expensive website visit though, so tempted to buy 2 x Bar72 hospitality packages for cup final at £210 each. Can't really afford it, but swithering. :)

Just purchased 2 tickets in GF6, looking forward to this.

Almost an expensive website visit though, so tempted to buy 2 x Bar72 hospitality packages for cup final at £210 each. Can't really afford it, but swithering. :)

What do you get for the £210 ?

What do you get for the £210 ?
Guaranteed ticket is the main attraction for me. Non season ticket holder, managed to get tickets on public sale this season for all home matches except Celtic (no public sale), plus semi final. Zero chance of a cup final ticket other than hospitality.

Not everybody will sign or use social media that is the problem

A simply article on the club website would help
Here you are mate

Plenty of reports about the youth league game too.

The clubs official podcast this week if you’re into that sort of thing highlights the Wrexham match and the youths 5-0 win over them also

Back