23 points ahead and 23 points to go (to win the title)

There are many ways to view what's left and what's required.

My preferred way today is, 12 left to play. 14(minimum) ahead.
They've got to catch up more than a point per game.
EASY.

We need 20 points, including a win against them.
Assuming they win ALL other games except v us, they can get 91 pts.

We are on 72 right now. So 20 (excluding GD scenario) will do, 7 games.

Currently our 7th game is at home v Dundee United, last game before split on 3rd April.

Need 23 points to win the league to get to 95 IF they beat us both times.

Next games in the league are:

St Johnstone (H)
Hamilton (A)
Killie (H)
Livi (A)
St Mirren (H)
Celtic (A)
Scumdee Utd (A)

Think the scum need to drop 4 points for us to win it there (so 1 loss 1 draw or 2 draws)? (Their current max is 94 and our points if we win until Celtic away is 87 (so 90 if we win the parkhead game but we have GD))

Reactions: NJA

St Johnstone (H)
Hamilton (A)
Killie (H)
Livi (A)
St Mirren (H)
Celtic (A)
Scumdee Utd (A)

Think the scum need to drop 4 points for us to win it there (so 1 loss 1 draw or 2 draws)? (Their current max is 94 and our points if we win until Celtic away is 87 (so 90 if we win the parkhead game but we have GD))

Is it not if they drop anything we win it there? 90 points if we win next 6 including against them and that also knocks they’re point total down to 91 however if they’ve dropped even 2 points (1 draw) before then we win it at their dump? 90/89? My maths may be way off though.

St Johnstone (H)
Hamilton (A)
Killie (H)
Livi (A)
St Mirren (H)
Celtic (A)
Scumdee Utd (A)

‘If they beat us both times.’

Not happening. In real life we need between 5-7 wins, which we could easily get before the next OF.

The league is over.

Sharks lobbed at Sharkheid Part 2 coming your way soon.

Other than cruising to #55, the meltdown from the paedo harbourers has added to this fantastic season.

Who'd have thought Dubai could bring such joy in a lockdown when you haven't actually left the hoose?

Lennon still in place making a cvnt of himself and annoying the mentally challenged hordes no end is icing on a cake not quite baked yet. B-D

Sharks lobbed at Sharkheid Part 2 coming your way soon.

Other than cruising to #55, the meltdown from the paedo harbourers has added to this fantastic season.

Who'd have thought Dubai could bring such joy in a lockdown when you haven't actually left the hoose?

Lennon still in place making a cvnt of himself and annoying the mentally challenged hordes no end is icing on a cake not quite baked yet. B-D
My naturally anxious nature makes me reluctant to do premature celebrations. However, the ice is thawing big style on imagining the celebrations. It's going to be one of the absolute highlights of my life, and I get emotional even thinking about it. I can't wait. WATP.

So 7 wins and its official? Is that right?
Technically we need 23 points, so 7 wins & 2 draws to reach the magic number 95 points (their MAX is 94). However, game 6 of the next 7 is at the piggery, meaning a win there sees us only needing a point v Dundee hivs at Ibrox as we’d have a majorly superior GD.
That is, of course, if we both win all games until then.

If my calculations are correct, them dropping 2 points before the OF means we can clinch it at the shit pit provided no other points are dropped by either

Technically we need 23 points, so 7 wins & 2 draws to reach the magic number 95 points (their MAX is 94). However, game 6 of the next 7 is at the piggery, meaning a win there sees us only needing a point v Dundee hivs at Ibrox as we’d have a majorly superior GD.
That is, of course, if we both win all games until then.

If my calculations are correct, them dropping 2 points before the OF means we can clinch it at the shit pit provided no other points are dropped by either
Thanks for the explanation. I reckon it’ll change week to week
Just keep on winning please Rangers

Thanks for the explanation. I reckon it’ll change week to week
Just keep on winning please Rangers
You’re right mate, chances are the situation will change but from tonight we won’t need more than 23 points from our remaining 12 games to win it.
As you’ve said, just keep winning.

No. Assuming we win at Sharkheid, we need 7 wins. If they win all their’s.

Tangerine scream, currently, is the winner.

Wish i was able to be so sure and celebrating already bears, im so mentally scarred and cynical i still cant allow myself to believe, i look at our games and im thinking of doomsday scenarios.

We have played 14 away games and only twelve home games. Our home record is exceptional so that’s a benefit too.

Last edited:
Think this has all the ingredients for #55 at the piggery

Honestly predict we will be mathematically 17 points clear with 15 to play.

Can see them either slipping up at either killie away, st j or united away.

Aberdeen both games they will bend over for sure.

Celtic can take a maximum 45 points (6 of which would be against us) which could take them to an end of season tally of 94 points.

We need another 23 points to win the title, so 8 wins from our remaining 12 games.

They will have played their games in hand by the OF game.

We can win it at Sharkhead if we match their run to that game.

The maximum number of points Celtic can achieve this season is 94. However, it is likely they will drop points before the end and if they carry on with their present win-draw percentage they will achieve a total of 81 points. Which is actually a pretty decent performance, only one point less than Rodger's team won the league with, in season 17-18. They have 7 games to play between now and the end of February, by then we should know exactly where we stand.

It should also be noted that up to the split (week 34-38), we will have played twice away at Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Livingston twice whereas Celtic would have played once in each of what is the traditional "hard" venues. The fixture computer has hardly done us any favours this season.

As low as 5 wins, no more than 7 for me...mentally challengeds wont take maximum points.

Back