25 long range Gerrard goals

Great compilation. You’d think this would be something we’d be couching our midfield on so they could do it more often.

Saw him score a peach vs Newcastle at st James’ park (3.10)
I watched him strut around the midfield doing not much and taking dogs abuse from the geordies then he rifled in a world class goal.

Great compilation. You’d think this would be something we’d be couching our midfield on so they could do it more often.
It's not really something you can teach to be fair, not many players in the world have a goals compilation like that but you are right in saying our players can at least improve.

Captain, leader, inspiration.

Gerrard the player would be in my all time greatest 11.

Despise Liverpool, hated them growing up but Steven Gerrard was always a player I admired. He was world class and barely had a poor attribute. Ultimate professional.

It's not really something you can teach to be fair, not many players in the world have a goals compilation like that but you are right in saying our players can at least improve.

Granted but with most teams sitting in it’s a useful skill to try and develop even if to the same standard as Gerrard isn’t realistic. :))

I remember when we played Liverpool in a pre-season friendly, back in day when Charlie Adam hit all our corners right into the first man. Anyway, I was in the West enclosure and saw Gerrard take several corners right in front of me, all whipped with great pace right in that area between goalkeeper and defence that’s a nightmare to deal with, kept wishing our boys could do that

Side note, both Van Bronkhorst and Albertz were absolutely superb taking corners too.

He could strike a shot really cleanly.Some players are born with this ability and some just don’t have it.

Granted but with most teams sitting in it’s a useful skill to try and develop even if to the same standard as Gerrard isn’t realistic. :))
Of course it's been a big complaint of mine for years, up until Arfields screamer against Hamilton I think you have to go back to McKay's goal in the semi to see a real screamer from long range.

Wow, the amount of screamers he scored is actually unbelievable

My favourite is 4 mins 30 in v Marseille, a goal that's hard to find a good copy of on YouTube but its perfect in this video

The one before it, the lobbed curling one, is better in my opinion.

That is a compilation and a half.

Imo you could go all the back to Der Hammer, that’s the last rule we truest had someone who you could comfortably say the opposition defence would be bricking it if they saw him charging onto a loose ball.

Watching that I kept thinking “that’ll be the best one in compilation”, only to keep seeing strikes better than the previous one. Outstanding player

Back