28 years ago today, Celtic 1 Rangers 2

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Apologies to Sam's on this day thread, I felt this one deserved a thread of its own.

25th November 1990.

Rangers missing several key players injured go to Parkhead not long after beating Celtic in the League Cup Final.

2 memorable goals, 1 memorable goal celebration and 1 memorable Terry Hurlock tackle!

This turned out to be the last time Graeme Souness won at the piggery, it certainly wasn't the last time Super Ally scored there.

A few things that stand out for me.

Brown and Nissy as our central defence and Hurlock and Spankman as central midfield.

If only we had them just now.

MoJo in cycling shorts :D

And..... what a shot by Creany and what a goal.....ohhhh it was close. :D

Hurlock should have been booked for that tackle and minimum a free kick. If there were internet forums were around then the conspiracy theorist would have been claiming Masonic conspiracy.

Brought back some memories. Thanks for posting.

My first ever match against the Scum, my pals first ever game against us, he was in the jungle. Brilliant experience, never forget the feeling when we scored the goals. Made the 4am start for the 540 mile round bus trip all the more worth it!! Was my mates birthday too, he was gutted :D

Brilliant finishes in that game.

Sandy Robertson looked about 12 as well.

Two fantastic finishes and as above, Mo's finish was superb probably an underrated goal.

Brian McGinley what a ref.

A magnificent day - I can remember it as though it were yesterday.

Mo's finish was sublime and Ally's celebration was the bollocks.

Being close to the jungle that day, their faces when Mo opens the scoring was poetic. They were crestfallen, a dagger through the collective heart if you will.

I revelled in it.

Best think about Hurlock’s tackle was that we scored from the same attack! Haha.

If only we had some of these ‘squad’ players now!

Anton Rogan, Lex Baillie, Gerry Creaney? Oh, for f#ck's sake, how the hell did IRA Fitba' Club ever think they could compete with other Scottish teams never mind the Gers with shite like that playing for them?
:D

The Goal from MoJo was sublime.
The Celebration from Super was just that.
The Tackle by 'old Gnasher was.............
Don't F(CK With Me!!!!!;)

Apologies to Sam's on this day thread, I felt this one deserved a thread of its own.

25th November 1990.

Rangers missing several key players injured go to Parkhead not long after beating Celtic in the League Cup Final.

2 memorable goals, 1 memorable goal celebration and 1 memorable Terry Hurlock tackle!

This turned out to be the last time Graeme Souness won at the piggery, it certainly wasn't the last time Super Ally scored there.

I’m sure I was at this game. Remember standing with about 18000 others and Rangers winning 2-1 and Bonner was in goal

Paul Elliot scoring, I could have sworn this game finished 2 - 2 after he was hit by a banana thrown from the Rangers end :rolleyes:
What utter shite mate....that game was at Ibrox.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I know it’s an attempt at humour gents, as Paul Elliot is a man known for having a very poor memory when it comes to recalling racist incidents at Rangers v Celtic matches.
But anyone looking in who doesn’t know the Elliot story, or who doesn’t realise you’re mocking him for his lies, might get the impression that we actually were the perpetrators of the sick banana throwing from Celtic fans towards Mark Walters.
And no, I’ve not had a sense of humour failure. It’s just not funny.

Brilliant finishes in that game.

Sandy Robertson looked about 12 as well.

Two fantastic finishes and as above, Mo's finish was superb probably an underrated goal.

Brian McGinley what a ref.
Sandy Robertson probably still looks about 12 :)
The player who helped us win a treble and sing the sash in the Jungle 92/93..

I was there. At the time I thought Ally took an age before he scored. Seeing it on the box after the game, I then knew he was making Bonnar commit himself.

Great feeling after that goal. One of the the most satisfying goals I've seen Rangers score at Celtic Park.

A day I’ll never forget.

Was close to the jungle that day with the old man and my wee brother. The look on their faces when Mo scores.

Luvleh.

Edit. Just seen that I typed up the same response two years ago :D

im sure there was one in this game where elliot header it towards goal from a set piece, woods saved but the mentally challengeds all claimed in unison it was over the line, it wasnt even close.

This was a great day out.
I was so far down the front that I didn’t see the ball hit the net. Just saw Super rounding Bonner and waited for the net to ripple!

Was at the game,loved going to the piggery in those days with 18,000 fans officially and however many more blagged their way in and more often than not we got a result

25th November 1990.

Lovely stuff , what a finish from MoJo .

Back