2nd place not in the bag...

Albertz Loyal

Official Ticketer
Was reading an article yesterday that we had little to play for this season with 1st place out of reach and 2nd place in bag.

Anyone else concerned that with our form against the rest of the top 6 this year being relatively poor there's still a bit of work to be done.

Personally hoping for is to put on some good wins against them, sheep and hibs to lay down the market for next season..

Win Today and it is in the bag. We do not want that mental early start again so 2nd place is important for the players to get a decent break before its sick bucket and brutalise them time.
Get Ant Middleton in as fitness coach haha then they will understand pain.

We must win every game.I’m of the opinion we are the biggest and the best.Second simply isn’t good enough.So win the remaining games of this season nothing less is acceptable.Fed up dropping points to these fanny clubs.

Sure I read everyone starts Europa at same time this season. Probably wrong.

And, in any case, second goin in later was dependant on Celtic winning the cup I think.

We are 8 points clear in second , a point today and I reckon nobody will catch us even if we lost the next 4, which we won’t .

The season is over bar the shouting .

QualifyingPreliminary round 27 June 2019 4 July 2019
First qualifying round 11 July 2019 18 July 2019
Second qualifying round 25 July 2019 1 August 2019
Third qualifying round 8 August 2019 15 August 2019

Europa League
The team which finishes second and third in the Premiership is guaranteed a Europa League place, entering in the first qualifying round.

The winner of the Scottish Cup qualifies for the second qualifying round, but this is only open to the winner of the tournament, not a beaten finalist.

If the winner of the Scottish Cup has already qualified for Europe, as with Celtic in the past two seasons, then the second-placed team in the Premiership goes into the second qualifying round, and the team in fourth goes to the first qualifying round

Europa League
The team which finishes second and third in the Premiership is guaranteed a Europa League place, entering in the first qualifying round.

The winner of the Scottish Cup qualifies for the second qualifying round, but this is only open to the winner of the tournament, not a beaten finalist.

If the winner of the Scottish Cup has already qualified for Europe, as with Celtic in the past two seasons, then the second-placed team in the Premiership goes into the second qualifying round, and the team in fourth goes to the first qualifying round
So, if I read that right, if scum win the SC we go into the second qualifying round. Giving an extra two weeks pre season?

Bit of a dilemma there

So, if I read that right, if scum win the SC we go into the second qualifying round. Giving an extra two weeks pre season?

Bit of a dilemma there

European Entry points

Scotland 2018/19 - 23rd in coefficient table
CL QR1, CW QR2, 2nd QR1, 3rd QR1

Scotland 2019/20 - 26th in coefficient table
CL QR1, CW QR1, 2nd QR1 3rd QR1

Scotland 2020/21 - 20th in coefficient table
CL QR1 CW QR2, 2nd QR1, 3rd QR1

A win today would almost certainly guarantee it. Would love to see a strong end to the season against the other teams in the 'top' half.

QualifyingPreliminary round 27 June 2019 4 July 2019
First qualifying round 11 July 2019 18 July 2019
Second qualifying round 25 July 2019 1 August 2019
Third qualifying round 8 August 2019 15 August 2019

Everyone with a Europa League place goes in at the first qualifying round no matter who wins the cup.

Bit of a dilemma there

Short term pain for long term gain.

They win the treble(and they will) then the job is Lennon's whether their board want him long term or not.

There's not a hope in hell his pals in the press or the lunatic fringe of their support would stand for it

I'm more than comfortable at facing Lennon doing a rebuild over their next season

Eight point lead, Dolly and Killie playing each other, so at least one drop points, we will batter Dolly, and the KIllie game won’t matter.

If you look at the worst case scenario for the next 2 games and we lose them and Aberdeen or Killie win theirs then we would only be 2 points ahead with 3 games to go.

So no way is it 'in the bag'.

A win today should should all but put the key in the lock. The other teams will cut each others throats.
I'm saying that but today won't be easy. A draw wouldn't surprise me.

We must win every game.I’m of the opinion we are the biggest and the best.Second simply isn’t good enough.So win the remaining games of this season nothing less is acceptable.Fed up dropping points to these fanny clubs.
Biggest and best???
I must have imagined the last 7 years.

Win today, then the next four is all about putting markers down for next season IMO.

The filth game takes care of itself, but we really need to see the team putting shite like Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock to the sword, and do it on a consistent basis next season.

I think we need 1 more win to be sure of second, I can't see either Aberdeen or Killie picking up 12 points from their 5 games.

If you look at the worst case scenario for the next 2 games and we lose them and Aberdeen or Killie win theirs then we would only be 2 points ahead with 3 games to go.

Aberdeen and killie still need to play each other though so they can’t get maximum points and won’t anyway .

It’s as “ in the bag” as it gets , a draw today and we are second , mark me .

We have always been the biggest team in Scotland and we are the best team in Scotland.Hope that clears it up for you.Or do you think there’s been a bigger or better team than us?
The mentally challengeds are about to clinch 8 on the spin. I think a massive amount of realism is required that was the point I was making.

3 points today and a draw at Rugby Park in the Killie/Aberdeen game should just about do it.

Plus given the run of home games coming up it would take a disastrous set of results to finish below 2nd. I don’t think we will win all 5 but should have enough to get it done.

It's not in the bag, our record v top 6 sides is poor as has been pointed out but I'd say the odds of Aberdeen winning 8 points more than us is slim. They draw a lot of games against the top sides. Would be an utter disgrace if we came 3rd again but can't see it.

The mentally challengeds are about to clinch 8 on the spin. I think a massive amount of realism is required that was the point I was making.
The biggest and best side wasn't in the same league for 4 of them giving them a free hit .

I worry about 2nd place as well.

I don’t see us winning today. If the sheep come to Ibrox and get something, then it could be close.

Going to Killie isn’t great for us either.

Dunno what you're on about I think we can still win the fucking thing. Win today poets beat tomorrow its 8 pts with them still to come to Ibrox ffs.

Given our vastly superior goal difference to teams in 3rd/4th place it would be criminal to finish worse than 2nd.

That so well fu*k me how did that happen?Im well aware we are trailing behind them just now.In saying that we are still the biggest and the best.When we get ourselves together on and off the park we will still be the biggest and the best.They are a classless shower of scum always have been always will be.

Was reading an article yesterday that we had little to play for this season with 1st place out of reach and 2nd place in bag.

Anyone else concerned that with our form against the rest of the top 6 this year being relatively poor there's still a bit of work to be done.

Personally hoping for is to put on some good wins against them, sheep and hibs to lay down the market for next season..
Is it relatively poor?
Our points against the top six:
Aberdeen 4-4 with a home game to come.
C****c 3-6, home game to come.
Hearts 9-0, away game today.
Hibernian 3-3 with a home game to come
Kilmarnock 2-5 with an away game to come.
Nowhere near what we’re looking for but not as bad as you’d maybe think.

Back