3-5-2?

Small Bean Regarder

I sincerely hope we use it sometimes to give us options and unpredictability. Worked a treat for them last season when they got stale. I also think it helps get some of our best talent on the park at the same time.

McGregor
Goldson Balo Helander
Tav BB
Jack/Kamara/Davis Aribo/Arfield
Hagi/Aribo
Roofe Itten

brother moses

Official Ticketer
I sincerely hope we use it sometimes to give us options and unpredictability. Worked a treat for them last season when they got stale. I also think it helps get some of our best talent on the park at the same time.

McGregor
Goldson Balo Helander
Tav BB
Jack/Kamara/Davis Aribo/Arfield
Hagi/Aribo
Roofe Itten
Nae Kent, nae party.

o7o

Games like yesterday will see him sacked. Third season of technical skills leading to 70/30 possession but hardly any shots at goal. It can't go on.
He's gotta find the keys to unlock all that.

TBF Stewart clever around the box, but there has to be better. Hopefully Hagi can be the man...2 footed etc

numan2mols

Most play 1 up against us and so no need for 3 at the back. But the last few years we have seen some leave 2 up and defend with 8, hoping to break and get a 2 on 2. We should spend some time working on 3 at the back so we have the option, but I think we would be better suited as a 343 with our full backs in the 4

TN8

Lots of teams who play 3 at the back use a full-back in the back 3. Which allows you to play a winger (Kent for example) on one side and the other full-back on the other. So a 3-4-1-2. But for us that would mean losing either Borna or Tav's attacking ability.

Amatosarrow

I think you go three at the back when you are fantastic and have the fittest wing backs in the world. I'd just like to see our best CBs and take it from there.

ICA_86

Might we revisit this?

We have three good centre halves. We have wing backs....best in the league.

We have a #10 now.

Motherwell game was unlucky and not so bad...no need to panic IMHO. I felt idea was thrown out too quickly.

Might also help create more in certain games against teams in SPL that are 'the other ten'
We need an alternative formation, that much is for sure. Whether it’s 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 is up for debate.

To be going into a season in 2020 with one single formation is almost negligent on Gerrard’s behalf IMO.

change consent