3 at the back!

The way we play at the moment we have 3 forwards and 5 midfielders when attacking and 4 defenders and 5 midfielders when defending.

With 3-5-2 you'll always be 1 attacking player short.

Like I said earlier, there's better, more attacking ways to play 2 strikers than 3-5-2.

352 let’s us get Defoe and Alfie on the park at the same time. Also means we can go to 5 at the back when under pressure. Either jack or kamara can be binned as we don’t need 2 holding midfielders.

Our ‘wingers’ will still play in this formation as part of the 5 man midfield.

If they continue to be as ineffective as they have been at least Alfie would have someone within 30 yards to work off

352 let’s us get Defoe and Alfie on the park at the same time. Also means we can go to 5 at the back when under pressure. Either jack or kamara can be binned as we don’t need 2 holding midfielders.

Our ‘wingers’ will still play in this formation as part of the 5 man midfield.

If they continue to be as ineffective as they have been at least Alfie would have someone within 30 yards to work off

There's better formations than 3-5-2 to get Morelos and Defoe starting together imo mate.

I genuinely don’t see how putting an extra centre half in the team will help us break down teams employing a “low block”.

The only way to counteract it is quality. Scoring goals against those tactics won’t come from how many midfielders or forwards you play.

Spamming the box with 100 crosses a game is no use when 99 of them are garbage. Better deliveries, better faster passing and movement into the box is the answer IMO.

I don't mind the idea of a 3 5 2 but playing Kamara or Jack at CB is a woeful idea.

We need to see if Defoe is up to it for next season and if this squad are capable of playing in that formation. There is no point in trying it for one game or 15-20 mins here and there.

Commit to it and give it a proper chance.
Defoe is not staying beyond the end of season! Neither is Davis this experiment has spectacularly backfired at huge cost.
The lack of management experience has been outed in recent weeks. To keep criticising selected players in the media and during training.

I’m reliably informed that recent training sessions are not enjoyable for a large number of the first team squad.

There’s unrest amongst the squad due to the continued team selection changes each game. The players feel there’s no continuity and no fallback plan or tactical awareness.

The ‘manager’ has favourites who no matter what will be selected at the expense of players who would be a better fit to the game plan.

Defoe is not staying beyond the end of season! Neither is Davis this experiment has spectacularly backfired at huge cost.
The lack of management experience has been outed in recent weeks. To keep criticising selected players in the media and during training.

I’m reliably informed that recent training sessions are not enjoyable for a large number of the first team squad.

There’s unrest amongst the squad due to the continued team selection changes each game. The players feel there’s no continuity and no fallback plan or tactical awareness.

The ‘manager’ has favourites who no matter what will be selected at the expense of players who would be a better fit to the game plan.

Continued team selection changes each game??
That’s a puzzler. Most of us are naming the team off by heart every week. Only the fringe players are getting swapped around now and again.

Continued team selection changes each game??
That’s a puzzler. Most of us are naming the team off by heart every week. Only the fringe players are getting swapped around now and again.
The guy doesn't know Defoe has an 18 month contract. I wouldn't bother, clearly a mentally challenged.

We need to change to a back 3 at Ibrox and put kamara or jack in the back 3.

the amount of time worrall and goldson have on the ball n have no ideas

Someone more comfortable on the ball at the back. With 3 centre mids infront of him will find a pass and if not on can bring the ball out until they are closed down creating space for others.

Obviously this is only an option at Ibrox
Nurse!

We need to change to a back 3 at Ibrox and put kamara or jack in the back 3.

the amount of time worrall and goldson have on the ball n have no ideas

Someone more comfortable on the ball at the back. With 3 centre mids infront of him will find a pass and if not on can bring the ball out until they are closed down creating space for others.

Obviously this is only an option at Ibrox

Whit? You mean not play with three CH's? Put a couple of wee guys in there?

Not true mate.

I know what your idea is with putting Jack or Kamara in a back 3 is, they can essentially continue what they normally do and it frees up a space in midfield.

Players need to be defensively good enough to do that though and I don't think either of them are.

We should play the 11 that will go out against Celtic at the weekend, If it's a back 3 it should be Katic, McCrorie and Worrall.

Last edited:
There is no point in playing 3 Cb's and 2 holding mids against half of the SPL teams. There is no pace in our team as it stands , we need to move the ball faster and we have too many players passing square or backwards.

There is no point in playing 3 Cb's and 2 holding mids against half of the SPL teams. There is no pace in our team as it stands , we need to move the ball faster and we have too many players passing square or backwards.

You wouldn't play with two holding midfielders.

McGregor
Goldson Worrall Katić
Tavernier______________________Barišić
Kamara Arfield
Kent
Defoe Morelos​

I think everyone has had it with three unsuccessful seasons of 433.

Either we buy better quality players that suit 433 or we change to a formation that has more bodies in the box when the ball comes in.

Back