3 Liga Germany

Wazza

Big match in this today and it is live on German Football YouTube with English commentary at 6pm.

Hansa Rostock v Ingolstadt, top 4 all play at 6. The final 2 matches for Hansa are against the bottom 2 in the division, you really would think if they win this tonight they will be promoted after last being in Bundesliga 2 in 2011/2012.

Like with Rangers, tragic how such a great supporter scene could miss out on a special season due to covid.

Big match in this today and it is live on German Football YouTube with English commentary at 6pm.

Hansa Rostock v Ingolstadt, top 4 all play at 6. The final 2 matches for Hansa are against the bottom 2 in the division, you really would think if they win this tonight they will be promoted after last being in Bundesliga 2 in 2011/2012.

Like with Rangers, tragic how such a great supporter scene could miss out on a special season due to covid.

Come on Hansa

Like your posts on the German fitba mate,outwith the top two leagues my knowledge is non existent.
Might have to brush up on it if it increases my chances of getting to a game sooner though

Went to see Hansa play a few years back when friendly with the Rostock Loyal. They were in the top league then. Best Wishes to them

Three teams from Munich in Liga 3.

Interesting how Bayern II look like being relegated this season having won 3 Liga last season (can't go higher than 3 Liga second teams), a few key players must have moved on.

Kaiserslautern could be in trouble if they lose today and the other teams just below them win their game in hand.

Would love Rostock, 1860 and Dresden to go up.

What a league 2. Bundesliga could be next season. Kiel winning tonight makes it very likely Fortuna and Hamburg will be staying in the league.

Football still to be played but could consist of Koln, Hertha, Schalke, Hamburg, Fortuna Dusseldorf, St Pauli, Karlsruher, Nurnberg, Hanover, Rostock, Dresden and 1860!

We have been going to Dresden games for many years and have had some very good times there.
Dresden and Rostock were the two East German sides who were placed in the Bundesliga when Germany reunited.
Hard times for both over the years since then with Dresden falling to regional football in the late 1990s.
Just looking back through the programmes my Son and I were at a game against Hoyerswerda in May 2001 when the attendance was just 1,049.
Crowds have recovered since those days - but the club needs to get back to the second division, at least

Think every football fan should experience a match from the Sud at Rostock or K Block at Dresden. Both superb supports, another level for me personally in Europe.

Hansa in Liga 3? Blimey been a while since I looked at German football then. One of the first names that comes to my mind when I think of German football.

Think every football fan should experience a match from the Sud at Rostock or K Block at Dresden. Both superb supports, another level for me personally in Europe.

The ultras section in Karlsruhe was really impressive at the game I attended. During the stadium redevelopment too, so it would be great to return when the rebuild is complete.

Although I'd still rather be in section 401 of the SAP Arena. I know its a different sport, but it's still electric.

The ultras section in Karlsruhe was really impressive at the game I attended. During the stadium redevelopment too, so it would be great to return when the rebuild is complete.

Although I'd still rather be in section 401 of the SAP Arena. I know its a different sport, but it's still electric.
You love your trips to Mannheim pal! Was a short reply for you that!

Kaiserslautern could be in trouble if they lose today and the other teams just below them win their game in hand.

Not too much damage caused tonight, now a massive match vs Uerdingen on Saturday!

Kaiserslautern have done well last few months, hopefully their form continues for last 3 matches.

After Covid, I'd like to visit a couple of German clubs and watch them. Really like the German game and the way it's run, very supporter oriented

Interesting how Bayern II look like being relegated this season having won 3 Liga last season (can't go higher than 3 Liga second teams), a few key players must have moved on.
Lost a lot of key players I think. Sarpreet Singh is on loan somewhere in Germany, the French boy Cuisance who is at Marseille this season, top scorer went to Willem II, as did the left back.

Edit: Just realised Cuisance only played a couple of games.

In the 70's when East Germany had a decent time, some of the other top sides were Carl Zeiss Jena, Dynamo Berlin and Magdeburg , I'm sure Madgeburg got to ECWC final in the 1970's, just checked and seen they are in 3 Liga, I take it the other 2 are well down the leagues now.

Trying to remember who the EG pin-up boy in the 70's was , EG only qualified for the WC once in 1974 and beat WG in the group stages , although it was rumoured the WG threw the game to avoid playing the Dutch any earlier than the final.

It meant that Scotland were the only team to end up unbeaten at the finals and of course we didn't get past the group stage , typical .

After Covid, I'd like to visit a couple of German clubs and watch them. Really like the German game and the way it's run, very supporter oriented

I was meant to go to the Hertha - Union derby in March 2020, when the Rangers tie at Leverkusen fell in the same week I thought my prayers were answered. Then lockdown came! Was all booked.

Gutted.

Will be over at the first opportunity

In the 70's when East Germany had a decent time, some of the other top sides were Carl Zeiss Jena, Dynamo Berlin and Magdeburg , I'm sure Madgeburg got to ECWC final in the 1970's, just checked and seen they are in 3 Liga, I take it the other 2 are well down the leagues now.

Trying to remember who the EG pin-up boy in the 70's was , EG only qualified for the WC once in 1974 and beat WG in the group stages , although it was rumoured the WG threw the game to avoid playing the Dutch any earlier than the final.

It meant that Scotland were the only team to end up unbeaten at the finals and of course we didn't get past the group stage , typical .
Dynamo Berlin and Jena are both in the 4th tier now. Been to both in the last few years for matches, raw atmospheres at both. Magdeburg had a season in Bundesliga 2 but came straight back down, the Hansa Rostock current Manager took Magdeburg up.

I’ve posted on here before how the original formation of the Bundesliga screwed a number of big clubs at the time, the way they did the integration with the old DDR Liga was just as bad.

You may be thinking of Juergen Sparwasser. He scored the goal v West Germany in 74.

Dynamo Berlin and Jena are both in the 4th tier now. Been to both in the last few years for matches, raw atmospheres at both. Magdeburg had a season in Bundesliga 2 but came straight back down, the Hansa Rostock current Manager took Magdeburg up.
I don’t get Dynamo Berlin. A hard right, bordering on Nazi, fan base supporting the secret police of the SED’s team.

I don’t get Dynamo Berlin. A hard right, bordering on Nazi, fan base supporting the secret police of the SED’s team.
They aren’t all pro Nazi to be fair, people say that about Hansa as well but it ain’t true. Dynamo do have that edge though in some of the fan base (played a big part in the national team problems in Prague a couple of years ago).

You might find this an interesting listen:

Let`s start off with something trivial. It is "BFC Dynamo", i.e. "Berlin Football Club Dynamo". No-one in East Germany said anything but "BFC", only the West Germans referred to the club in a similar fashion as Dynamo Dresden as Dynamo Berlin. If you speak to someone over here about "Dynamo Berlin", they may believe that you refer to the icehockey side of that name, now "Eisbären Berlin".

While BFC and some others, namely Dresden and Leipzig were renowned - after the reunification - to attract hooligans, the amount of hardcore neo-nazis aluded to above or in other articles on the topic suprises me somewhat. And reading some of the articles on that topic gives me the notion that quite a bit is made up or is being exaggerated to attract the exact suprise that we see above. In saying that, what happens with fan groups, ultras and even hooligans and whom they attract is, IMHO, not exactly in the hands of the respective clubs. Do keep in mind that we are 30 years past reunification and many of these neo-nazis et al aluded to above have never experienced East Germany, the SED, or any of all those heinous crimes of the Stasi that seemingly put the CIA and KGB to shame. (That`s sarcasm, BTW. Remember that history is being written by the "winners" and as with us and sectarianism, this particluar secret service pendulum does not swing just in one way.) These people cling to a local club like a certain assortment of anarchists, left-wing people and whatnot cling to St. Pauli.

Not too much damage caused tonight, now a massive match vs Uerdingen on Saturday!

Kaiserslautern have done well last few months, hopefully their form continues for last 3 matches.

Come on Uerdingen!!!

Forza Blue and Red!

Let`s start off with something trivial. It is "BFC Dynamo", i.e. "Berlin Football Club Dynamo". No-one in East Germany said anything but "BFC", only the West Germans referred to the club in a similar fashion as Dynamo Dresden as Dynamo Berlin. If you speak to someone over here about "Dynamo Berlin", they may believe that you refer to the icehockey side of that name, now "Eisbären Berlin".

While BFC and some others, namely Dresden and Leipzig were renowned - after the reunification - to attract hooligans, the amount of hardcore neo-nazis aluded to above or in other articles on the topic suprises me somewhat. And reading some of the articles on that topic gives me the notion that quite a bit is made up or is being exaggerated to attract the exact suprise that we see above. In saying that, what happens with fan groups, ultras and even hooligans and whom they attract is, IMHO, not exactly in the hands of the respective clubs. Do keep in mind that we are 30 years past reunification and many of these neo-nazis et al aluded to above have never experienced East Germany, the SED, or any of all those heinous crimes of the Stasi that seemingly put the CIA and KGB to shame. (That`s sarcasm, BTW. Remember that history is being written by the "winners" and as with us and sectarianism, this particluar secret service pendulum does not swing just in one way.) These people cling to a local club like a certain assortment of anarchists, left-wing people and whatnot cling to St. Pauli.
Maybe already seen it but the recent Halb Vier fanzine had a cracking article on Dynamo Dresden.

Maybe already seen it but the recent Halb Vier fanzine had a cracking article on Dynamo Dresden.
Think that was last year wasn’t it, the first one they did? Mainly about Karlsruhe away? I’ve got the recent edition on East German football at home still to read,.

Last edited:
Dynamo Dresden win, other 3 draw. Hansa have Unterhaching and Luebeck left, be a major cock up to not go up automatic - especially as 1860 meet Ingolstadt last match.

Kaiserslautern won 4-1.

Rostock had around 500 fans in Munich yesterday for their final away match of the season at Unterhaching. An 18 hour round trip by road. If they win next Saturday at home they are definitely promoted, a draw or even a loss will also be enough depending on other results.

This also happened:

Several hundred fans of FC Hansa Rostock accompanied their team to the away game in Unterhaching (1-0) on Saturday and loudly supported it outside the stadium. On the way back, some of them stopped the team bus on the motorway, causing a traffic jam and calling the police to the scene.

Highway blocked

According to the police headquarters of Upper Bavaria North, 30 cars had accompanied the Hansa bus on the A9. At the Holledau motorway triangle, the vehicles slowed down to a standstill around 5:45 p.m., stopped the bus and blocked all three lanes for a few minutes. Several supporters, some of whom were drunk, then left their vehicles, celebrated, waved flags and set off pyrotechnic objects.

A video recorded from the team bus shows fans coming to the bus and knocking on the windshield. The police say it is "a very strange way" to celebrate.

Investigation initiated

Admittedly nobody was injured "as if by a miracle", and according to previous knowledge there was no property damage. However, the result was a traffic jam, so that the police came with a large contingent - at the top over 200 officers were on duty. Several vehicles involved were identified, accompanied as they continued their journey and checked at the Ingolstadt-Nord junction. The personal details of 17 fans were determined.

In coordination with the Ingolstadt public prosecutor's office, investigative proceedings were initiated against the suspects for dangerous interference in road traffic and for breach of the peace. In addition, violations of the Weapons and Explosives Act as well as the Infection Protection Act and the Narcotics Act were found. The people checked were then able to continue their journey home, the police are now looking for witnesses.

Munich Derby at 1 on German Football YouTube.

Kaiserslautern look safe now but if Bayern II do get a win today Lautern could still drop.

A win for Dynamo Dresden will see them promoted.

Dynamo Dresden promoted. A point next week for Hansa should see them promoted. 1860 play Ingolstadt and a win will get them a play off place.

Kaiserslautern cannot be relegated.

Glad to see Kaiserslautern safe, even if they've got a pretty hot rivalry with Waldhof.

Auf gehts Mannheim.

Safe to say a few pints will be sank in Rostock today all being well

7000 allowed in, this is outside the Stadium in on training pitches.

Last edited:
big game today between 3rd placed Ingolstadt (68pts) and 4th place 1860 Munich (66 pts)

Rostock in 2nd on 70 pts.

Rostock at home to 2nd bottom side Lubeck so favourites to get 2nd automatic promotion spot.

hope 1860 get the play off spot vs a potential 4 opponents from the 2nd division

Back