"3 points are all that matters"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex, please hold all your opinions until the end of the season where we can all talk in hindsight.
That's how it's done now.
I haven't seen anyone say you're not entitled to your opinion.

You can rest assured that the players and staff will be analysing every little detail of the performance and finding ways to improve it. It's kinda their job, so you're stressing over nothing.

It's been pointed out to you time and time and time again that games like last night ALWAYS happen. In every single season.

A win at Easter Road is a source of disgruntlement? Fcuk me gently. How spoiled weve become. I remember 9iar teams scraping wins against Hibs and i
was still chuffed.

Did anyone watch the effort levels of Hibs last night? This is a team that won 0 out their previous 5 league games. If they played like that every week they would be challenging for the league - thats the type of challenge last night was. 100% effort and we got the win.

Two different things.
You stated that a draw would've been acceptable.
I differ in that I expect Rangers to beat this Hibs team every time we play.
I know it won't always turn out that way but to go into a game v Hibs settling for a draw? Not for me.
Nobody said anything about going into games looking for a draw. But if we draw a football match in December it really is no big drama. We won last night by the way. Still not good enough but. Some of our fans will never be satisfied.

I’ve been at games where we’ve played the other team off the park for a 0 point reward.

I’ll take 3 all day long after a poor night of football. At the end of the day it’s the points that make the prizes.

A few on this thread obviously never watched us in the 90s when we had megastars in our side but still often played shit, still often lost and drew with jobber teams, but crucially still won titles

Its nice to be a purist and correct to look for improvements across our team, but we are Rangers. Winning is everything

When Ryan Kent started to run at their defence and began to shoot outside the box i thought we turned a corner. With his trickery he just needs to concentrate on that as he will be hacked down eventually leading to free kicks or even the odd stonewall penalty.

Nobody said anything about going into games looking for a draw. But if we draw a football match in December it really is no big drama. We won last night by the way. Still not good enough but. Some of our fans will never be satisfied.

Hypothetically we dropped points though,so let's all be raging

I genuinely don't know what the OP expects a fan to do.

I absolutely agree with the premise of this.

On the flip side of the same coin, I don't think it's particularly useful, insightful or fair for fans to have a go at other fans for discussing, debating, being annoyed or referencing the poor performance either.

Which is what I came across a lot last night.

When in fact, had we not snuck it in the end, most of those fans would be saying the same things re. performance.

And that, is my major point of debate.

Why would people not have a go at you?
All you are doing is pissing on our parade and screeching that it's all about opinions or whatever crap.

You have your own social circle, right?
So you can at the very, very, least understand the concept that a person who is overly and needlessly negative all the damn time is not going to be popular and will eventually be called out on it.

I can imagine you getting back to the supporters bus after the game and while everyone is having the time of their life you are bitching and moaning about the performance to anyone who will listen. Then whining when people tell you to stop trying to ruin the moment.

"Ah but youse wouldnae be celebrating like this if it was 0-0! You'd be criticizing the performance then! HYPOCRITES!"

We'll definitely drop points between now and the end of the season so I guess you'll get your day of gloating soon.

Why would people not have a go at you?
All you are doing is pissing on our parade and screeching that it's all about opinions or whatever crap.

You have your own social circle, right?
So you can at the very, very, least understand the concept that a person who is overly and needlessly negative all the damn time is not going to be popular and will eventually be called out on it.

I can imagine you getting back to the supporters bus after the game and while everyone is having the time of their life you are bitching and moaning about the performance to anyone who will listen. Then whining when people tell you to stop trying to ruin the moment.

"Ah but youse wouldnae be celebrating like this if it was 0-0! You'd be criticizing the performance then! HYPOCRITES!"

We'll definitely drop points between now and the end of the season so I guess you'll get your day of gloating soon.

I'll address this because there are a few falsities in there.

1. I'm not arsed in the slightest about people having a go at me on this thread, I put it out there, I expect some back, but I will also happily debate it and I think if you go through the thread again (you won't but just to be clear) you'd find that.

2. I do, and the veiled accusation that I am always negative could not be further from the truth. Now that's just words to you, but, you're wrong. Accept it or don't, that is what it is.

3. I'm not and won't gloat about it. It just annoys me that people don't have the foresight to see it while it's happening - and have a go at others for having an opinion on a performance regardless of whether we win or not. Which is the point in the thread and always has been.

You don't want to see that, you're too far gone in your opinion, and that's sound.

But it's fundamentally wrong based on your perception above.

You can’t play well below your standard long term and expect to continue to get results.

We should be about 10 points clear of the micks this season, but we’re not due to performance levels under Gerrard.

So you think after 15 games we should have only dropped 3 points?
Even better form than last season?

10 points clear of them at the moment would literally be played 15, won 14, drew 0 and lost 1.

It would be the best start to the season of any Rangers team ever?
Certainly the best since the 80s, right? Sorry, pre-80s is before my time.

Just to be 100% clear here. You think that we should be having the best start to a league season in our entire history right now but we're not because of Gerrard?

Hypothetically we dropped points though,so let's all be raging

I genuinely don't know what the OP expects a fan to do.

Not have a go at fans who do have an opinion and foresight to discuss the performance.

Literally. That is it.

if you're not one of those guys, then super duper. Proud of ye.

"quick quick, I need to say something, anything, just so I don't lose face cos I don't have a clue what i'm talking about"

Reading and hearing others isn't hard mate, try it some day.
Wisnae that quick mate, it was a few hours after the fact.

You’ve made a bit of a tit of yourself trying to show how smart and forward thinking you are by being a miserable bastard.

Again, as it appears you are terminally hard of understanding;

Criticising the performance is fine. To call people out for ‘results bias’ is the work of a simpleton who doesn’t understand that all supporters should prefer three points rather than a perfect performance.

And behaving like you know best whilst coming across as Victor Meldrew’s developmentally challenged brother is not a good look.

It’s the kind of lunacy you read on Twitter from the yahoos. Always embarrassing to find one in our own support.

I love Rangers playing pretty football.. I generally want to see something attractive and inventive.

A December evening at Easter Road is the place to just take the 3 points and get home though.
This lot gave us a sore one last weekend, and they played well & effectively to do so - getting a win last night was the critical thing.

Leagues are won on the back of 1-0 away wins over the winter. We mustn’t dismiss the importance of a result like that.

The main objective in every game is 3 points. If it’s lovely, flowing football even better but the 3 points are the most important. Enjoy a win.

Wisnae that quick mate, it was a few hours after the fact.

You’ve made a bit of a tit of yourself trying to show how smart and forward thinking you are by being a miserable bastard.

Again, as it appears you are terminally hard of understanding;

Criticising the performance is fine. To call people out for ‘results bias’ is the work of a simpleton who doesn’t understand that all supporters should prefer three points rather than a perfect performance.

And behaving like you know best whilst coming across as Victor Meldrew’s developmentally challenged brother is not a good look.

It’s the kind of lunacy you read on Twitter from the yahoos. Always embarrassing to find one in our own support.
Ha, right ye are mate.

You carry on sir. Keep the personal attacks going as well. That's fun.

I think we need to put a sticky on the forum reminding people that we were away at Easter Road with a new manager.

It wouldn't do any good.

We've got supporters who legitimately believe we should be 10 points clear of Celtic.
That would be 42 points out of a potential 45.

(Since games in hand were not specifically mentioned I assume this 10 point number is based on them winning tonight.)

Anyone with a basic grasp of past Rangers teams and points totals and a basic understanding of football would know how utterly unreasonable that expectation is.

Yet, here we are.

In fact:

So two years ago if we had won 13 out of 15 that would have been our best start to a season in 52 years. So we actually did manage to better that last season when we had won 13 and drawn 2 after 15 games. (That level of performance still wouldn't be enough to put us 10 points ahead of the tims this season, assuming they win tonight, hopefully I have jinxed them.)

We actually drew 2-2 with Aberdeen in the end.

Not sure how other seasons compare after 15 matches but it's probably about the same as now for a title winning side.

Season 2008-09 - After 15 games - 9 points dropped - total points = 36 out of 45 - Champions.
Season 2009-10 - After 15 games - 11 points dropped - total points = 34 out of 45 - Champions.
Season 2010-11 - After 15 games - 7 points dropped - total points = 38 out of 45 - Champions.

It's mind bending to me that we actually have supporters who think we should be on 42 out of 45 points now and act like that's a perfectly reasonable expectation to have.

What football supporter actually starts a season thinking "I think a decent expectation for my team is that we should have our best start to a season for 50+ years"?

I’ll try once more and then that’s me.
What do you prefer, you must pick one.
. a 1-0 that made you want to stab your eyes out?
. a 1-0 where we played very well and you talked about for ages?
As for them, I agree, with them I care only about the result. Not so my own team.

Couldn't have played that well if we only won 1-0.

:)

Not have a go at fans who do have an opinion and foresight to discuss the performance.

Literally. That is it.

if you're not one of those guys, then super duper. Proud of ye.

I've 3 or 4 other posts on this thread about the performance and reasoning behind it which you have completely ignored and not engaged in much other than to snipe at folk who think you've made a lady's front bottom of it

You said it was a game where a draw would've been acceptable, or did I misread your post?
That sounds very like settling for a draw before a balls been kicked.
Apologies if I picked you up wrong.

Agree to an extent. But humour me here genuinely:

No one can offer you that.

The question is, if we had the same performance over the X Period, New Years and the Piggery - what is the likelihood of takin those maximum points?
If we keep clean sheets…100%!!

We limited Hibs to very little opportunities & that gives us the base to go & pick up 3 points.

Clean sheets & 0-1 victories win you League Championships. I’m delighted with Gio’s start.

Unfortunately we’re not gonna blow the opposition away every game, just be thankful that we’ve secured 3 points after a very tough game in a very tough place to go.

Folk just wanting us to go out and destroy teams week in week out absolutely bamboozle me. No club in the world does it, we’re not any different.

3 points on the board, we go into Saturday in a great position,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back