"3 points are all that matters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbackmols

I get it, and honestly, i'm absolutely delighted we got there in the end.
It's a huge 3 points in the league and a tough venue to get full points as well.

But this whole total disregard to the performance tonight (mostly going forward) because we won the 3 pts is dangerous.
Now i'm not having a go at anyone because I get it plus we all have different perspectives and I get what a lot of people are saying. Also lots of people are just generally more positive thinking and tend not to see negatives at times.

However, for me, it's dangerous to paper over poor performances so casually.

For me, it's very much a result bias opinion on here for most. If we would have dropped points in that game which was looking very very likely, as we weren't creating an awful lot at all, then we wouldn't be saying anything about 3 pts, and those that are now, the majority would be on here complaining about the performance.

We can't play like that very often against, for me, what was a poor Hibs tonight. That isn't going to be good enough in the long run and it certainly won't cut it in a lot of games. So for me, performance is important. Fair enough we grind things out, but all I'll say is, if we do drop points in the near future, no one on this board tonight who is just disregarding the performance so casually should have anything to say.

There is nothing wrong with saying that we're delighted to get the win but we were fortunate to win (not to lose, that didn't look likely either) and the performance needs to be better.

Hopefully tonight was a bit of a one off offensively, or at least few and far between.
Gio, results wise, has done fantastic, and full credit because it's a really tough wee period for us and he's started it well.
But the performances for the coming games needs to be better.

I think we should probably look to offload Davis a little, he looked off it tonight.
Kamara has looked solid in that double or single pivot so comfortable with him in there.
I was really pleased with Barasic though. Thought he defended really well.
Bassey really good first half, a little over confident in spots 2nd half, but overall another solid display.

Definitely plenty to be happy about; just don't disregard actual performances when it suits us though, because we won't be singing the same tune had it ended the way it maybe should and could have tonight.

But this whole total disregard to the performance tonight (mostly going forward) because we won the 3 pts is dangerous.

giphy.gif

After the game at Hampden we just put to bed an absolute horror show

I'll forgive the poor performance considering the amount of fight and heart the team showed compared to 10 days ago

That's right, in 10 days we have 3 wins,2 clean sheets qualified for Europa League knockouts with a game to spare and we are currently 7 points clear at the top of the league with more goals scored than the gallowgate globetrotters

So,yeah forgive me if I enjoy a win at a very difficult ground less than 2 weeks into a new managers tenure with players learning a new system

Honestly I’ve not read all your post (i got the jist) but you have to be a bit more pragmatic and less of an idealist.

Tonight we set up to play in transition and didn’t quite execute it. We had the best chances of the game and some very promising moments we fucked up. And that’s us playing poorly and like gio said not executing well enough in the final third.

Every team who wins titles has games like that where the game could go either way but their talent and ability shines though to grab a vital win.

Had we been pish against Sparta or Livi then I would see your point but since the new manager came in - for me at least - there has been a noticeable uplifting of effort levels. That’s massive for us as it then will mean the greater talent comes to the fore sooner rather than later. Tonight while not pretty was a huge three points, a huge clean sheet and a huge win for the new management team.

Enjoy it and move on to the next game.

No it’s not. The performance was poor but we won so it doesn’t matter a jot. These games occur for every league title winning team in the world. You pick up the win and move on. We at least defended brilliantly and limited Hibs to virtually no chances.

We dominated Hearts earlier in the season on the park and missed sitter after sitter and came away with one point.

Like I said performance doesn’t matter in either game.

No offence intended. But that’s a garbage attitude. We were pish.

One stupid decision from Porteous away from dropping points

We were very poor in the final third.

We got away with one
Mate, we have been off it all season, probably due to Gerrard's head being elsewhere.
Gerrard then left us in the lurch.
We had to get a new manager.
We got one.
Hampden was shit!
Our new manager had a couple of training sessions with the team.
We beat Sparta, performance an improvement.
Manager, another couple of sessions with the team.
We beat Motherwell, performance OK.
Manager another couple of sessions.
We beat Hibs. At Easter Road. The team who pumped us in the semi final less than 2 weeks ago.

Yes we got away with one, and it's about time. We have lost goals to almost any shot on target this season. An anomaly, as was last year, when we led a charmed life at times.

Things are going back to normal, and we are getting better.
But that won't change overnight.

We won tonight. In very recent times we wouldn't have.

As i said.
Chill out. We won!

Edit to add, No offense intended from me either. :)

Ffs mate it’s gios third game doubt he’s happy with the performance , give him a chance !
Absolutely none of this aimed at Gio.

He's doing a good job, i'm happy for him and us and feel a bit grateful for his first few results.

I'm just saying, without harping on, there would be a lot of double standards had we not won this tonight. Some people wouldn't be singing the same tune, yet it's the same performance.

I'm delighted we got the win, absolutely buzzing, but i'm not blind to the fact if that game was played 10 times in the same fashion offensively, we drop pts in a fair few of those games. Too many for that liking.

For me that's not on Gio. He doesn't control the slack passing on show.
His changes and tactical plans have worked well so far.

It absolutely is all that matters, in these tough away games.

Better Rangers teams than this have toiled at Easter road, Tynecastle etc.

I do wish people would just take the 3 points and move on. Why can’t you accept we can’t always play well - we were good for most of Sparta, good for the majority of Livingston. Just take the 3 points from a difficult away game

We got away with one
Said exact same tonight to my mate. We were never looking like scoring tonight where as Hibs looked dangerous anytime they went forward

We got away with one
Yeah we did , but the new management team are just here ffs .
At least we never conceded east goals it’s what 13 days since we gifted them 3 . I was as pissed off as anyone eating it from the upper stand but enjoy the win !!

In all the circumstances - manager leaving, hampden shambles, new manger coming in and three tough fixtures - to get exactly what we needed from those three games is all that can be asked. We’ve seen some improvement already in the other games, which is enough for now imo.

Hopefully tonight was a poor team performance that won’t be repeated
We are still struggling with inconsistencies with adapting to different way of playing. Winning games like tonight can be used as a positive

Yeah we did , but the new management team are just here ffs .
At least we never conceded east goals it’s what 13 days since we gifted them 3 . I was as pissed off as anyone eating it from the upper stand but enjoy the win !!
I’ll be happy with the win. But we need better than that.

I’m comfortable that gio knows that. Shouldnt stop us being critical

Btw. Hibs are crap. We should be better than what we got tonight

No. They didn’t. But we felt nervous which made them feel dangerous
Was at the game and upto the goal was well pissed off , but we won let’s enjoy it . We we’re awful in slot of ways but never gave away a stupid goal and as I said the new management are just in the door !!

We've been sensational there and played them off the park and dropped points, i know what I would rather!! We were poor though, couldn't string passes together, gave the ball away constantly but we won, 3 points, clean sheet and 7 clear at the top after our 3rd win in a week under new management!!

Were you saying the same last season when we were grinding out single goal victories while not playing well?

No team plays 38 incredible matches a season. We’ve had quite a few below par performances so far this season so far and tonight was definitely one but the points are the priority.

We've played miles better there and come away with less so it doesn’t worry me in the slightest.

I know I’ve already replied seems we’re on the same page , enjoy the win tho WATP

However, for me, it's dangerous to paper over poor performances so casually.
How exactly is it "dangerous"?

Mate, we are supporters. We aren't on the pitch or in the dugout. Nothing dangerous at all if we don't give a damn and just want the result.

If we follow your train of thought to its logical conclusion we would need to get ourselves over to the training center tomorrow to let GVB and the players know its not good enough. That would be ridiculous.

The team and the management will know that we didn't play well tonight and they will try to make things better.

For us supporters? Does it harm anyone at all if we just enjoy the win and ignore the performance?

3 points is all that matters in difficult December away games. It’s been that way for years.

Relax and enjoy it. We got away with one, and it feels f/ckin magic.

3 points midweek away to hibs on a cold December night in Edinburgh... When has that ever been a bad result?

Papering over cracks? Management team has only been in the door a matter of days, hasn't had a full weeks training let alone a pre-season and a transfer window! Let's actually give them some time to replaster the walls, no? 3 games, 3 wins, 2 clean sheets. Momentum is built on that. 55 was built on that!

Last edited:
Yes. I thought so. Every time they went forward I got nervous. They had a good chance I think it was goldson cleared it?
Just cause you got nervous doesn’t mean they were dangerous , was at the game so happy to be proved wrong but don’t think they had one chance where I was like thank %^*& .

As someone who strives for great performances to assist with the 3 points, Better league winning Rangers teams than this 1 would have bitten your hand off for a record of 11 wins from 15

Missed the game, but that's 3 potential banana skins we have overcome, Sparta by the 2 goals required, Livingston on that awful pitch, and Easter rd, never the easiest of places to. This season in particular, because of the CL spot, every point is a pot of gold, the filth scraped past Dolly last week, and by all accounts were poor, its going to be a tight season.

We are football fans and we want our football team to win. We won.

In the end of the day that really is all that matters.

It's up to the management team to analyse the performance aspect of it and make the adjustments that see us improve going forward.

maxresdefault.jpg

" Mate....mate, will you shut your facking noise "

Last edited:
That means little. It he was heading slightly away from goal and if he got a shot away…who knows

In all likelihood, he would have put it to kamara back to goldson and out wide to recycle it (he says…kind of joking )

We were garbage in the final third

In what way was he heading away from goal? He turned inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back