3 teams from the same city

We've only ever played 1 club from Budapest (Ferencváros). Which is mad because there's about 7 Pro clubs there and 6 of them have been Hungarian champions at one point or another.

Here’s a belter (bit of a stretch but 4 different teams, 4 different grounds)
4 for Inverness

Inverness Caley v Rangers (1978)
Inverness Thistle v Rangers (1987)
Inverness Clachnacuddin v Rangers (2011)
Inverness CT v Rangers (1995 > hunners for times)

Not sure if they’re friendlies or cup games

Have we ever played the 3 Inverness teams? Obviously we have played Caley Thistle and in the past played Clachnacluddin, but did we ever play Caley or Thistle before they merged?
Played both, was at a game v Caley we won 6-3. Think it was part of the deal for Billy Urquhart. Played Thistle in a friendly before the 86/87 season. Think it was the only time I seen the lesser spotted Colin West.

4 for Inverness

Thanks for the info. I can always remember from schoolboy days which places in Scotland had at least 3 senior teams and Inverness was the place that most missed :D

Thanks for the info. I can always remember from schoolboy days which places in Scotland had at least 3 senior teams and Inverness was the place that most missed :D
I was in Inverness (at Grandparents) when the played Thistle in the late 80’s
Remember the fans flooding into the town centre as a wee boy. That’s what got me thinking

4 for Inverness

I'm sure I went to a Scottish cup game in the mid 90's which got moved to Tannadice against Caledonian Thistle before they changed their name to ICT.

For we ever play Meadowbank Thistle?

1984 League Cup semi final - Ibrox and Tynecastle.

Back