30k away tops sold at weekend

Bonnyloyal

THE co-founder of the company behind the £25 million Rangers Football Club kit contract has hailed the launch of the team’s away jersey after selling 30,000 in the first weekend of its launch.

The white Castore away kit was worn for the first time during the Ibrox club’s 1-0 win over Aberdeen and is believed to have been the best opening day of the season for online sales in more than 15 years.

It was also the first time a Rangers jersey was launched exclusively online. The home jersey sold 50,000 in 36 hours when it was launched in July.
Tom Beahon, 30, and his brother Phil, 27 founded the Liverpool-based Castore which now also has tennis champion Sir Andy Murray as a shareholder
READ MORE: Rangers’ deep desire to bring trophies to Ibrox drew Castore
Tom Beahon said: “We are really happy with the performance.
“We obviously got a good insight or indicator as to just how large and passionate the fan base and community for Rangers Football Club is when we launched the home strip in July.

“But you are always slightly nervous about how the away jersey would do in comparison.
“It is a really nice design, really high quality product, so we thought the raw material was there for it to do well but obviously when you actually see the impact of it and how many fans are purchasing it and the feedback from the fans it validates what we hoped and expected to be the case, so very nice indeed.
“It’s obviously great that we got a good result at the weekend as well.
“We sold about 30,000 over the weekend which is a good number.”
He added: “The first two strips have launched and been very well received. Equally I’m looking to the future as well and we’ve got a number of additional product launches in the pipeline that hopefully the fans will get equally excited about.
“What I’ve said direct to the Rangers fans is that Castore is not Nike, it’s not Adidas, we know we can’t go head-to-head with those guys and do the same as what those guys do and win, but they are far bigger brands than us.”
He said: “Where we do believe we can win is by being more creative, more innovative, working harder to find different ways of doing things from those guys.”

Emailed them again last night after reading about the tampering of the shirts. Still no sign of my preorder despite it being one of the first order numbers generated. I have an email saying it’s at Hermes National Hub, not updated since weekend.

They don't reply, I've sent them 3 now and had nothing back.
They’ll reply as soon as you mention wanting a refund. Contact them on Instagram also maybe.

I’ll give them today and if nothing request a refund as I’d have been quicker just going to club Store now

Phenomenal numbers however I would have hoped that whoever interviewed him would have asked some probing questions around the shambles that’s been the home kit pre-order for many fans rather than simply a puff piece like this. But that would require journalism to be of a decent standard in this country.

They’ll reply as soon as you mention wanting a refund. Contact them on Instagram also maybe.

I’ll give them today and if nothing request a refund as I’d have been quicker just going to club Store now

Yeah I'll give them today and then go for the refund. Bit of a joke outfit tbh.

The positivity of 30,000 away tops & 50,000 home tops sold is obviously fantastic but reading some of the stories on here is nothing short of embarrassing for them.

I've held off til the training gear was available to see which I prefer 1st as I can't afford everything but it's certainly making me think twice.

There will also have been a lot of people waiting to see how the home shirt fits before getting the away kit.

We will have the best sales since Manchester, no doubt

I have (so far) opted out of buying a strip but purchased the dark blue training TS and the players travel top!! Stuff looks great but may have jumped the gun as more stuff has been added

£4.8 million roughly from 50000 home tops and 30000 away tops being sold . What a support we have!
Do we get a percentage per item sold on this also? Obviously £4.8m is a total but even half this (£30 profit per top for Castore) would be a nice bonus on top of the initial contract if we get a percentage? With training gear and other forms of merchandise Castore may introduce it shows how much we lost out on over the past years.

just had my email to say they hope to have my home top delivered by Thursday think i was order 2400 ish ............. don't think its good enough myself, Ashley got his shipment

Do we get a percentage per item sold on this also? Obviously £4.8m is a total but even half this (£30 profit per top for Castore) would be a nice bonus on top of the initial contract if we get a percentage? With training gear and other forms of merchandise Castore may introduce it shows how much we lost out on over the past years.
I think the first £3 million goes to Castore then anything above that we get a cut. Could be wrong though?

Makes me weep at the thought of that lost revenue stream over the years. Fantastic that 80,000 have now been bought.

What an effort from us as expected I don't buy the strips anymore but I invested in some training wear yesterday, fantastic effort considering a pandemic is going on folks losing there jobs etc

I’m not surprised there’s been some teething problems.

Even though they were warned of the demand there would be the actual numbers must have shocked them.

£4.8 million roughly from 50000 home tops and 30000 away tops being sold . What a support we have!
When they launch the 3rd kit, ill get mine with Messi on the back. We should have enough cash by then. Can you imagine the fall-out from them if they see a rangers top with Messi or Ronaldo on the back.

Castore, I haven't even had a dispatch email so got nothing to do with Hermes.
That’s interesting (and a shame). My experience with Castore has been exactly the opposite. I had a problem with my order and contacted them. They got back to me within 48 hours and the situation was rectified. I received my top on Monday morning. My contact was a couple of weeks ago right enough.

Back